Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Is God Mode Getting Nerfed?

finaLfrontier

And why do you have an ability(iron skin) in the game, when the player can't use it? This is the worst game design choice you can do (enemies rendering abilities useless).

Why do we have abilities at all when the player can't use it?

Ancient Disruptors are the worst game design choice you can do (enemies rendering abilities useless).

Seriously, you don't have to get hit by them. That takes skill and that's the kind of challenge you should be looking for instead of looking to making the items you own become S#&$ by "NERF NERF NERF" without even considering enemies that will eventually be introduced in future content.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Feel free to actually address this, by the way:

Most abilities make you completely invulnerable to damage. Rhino Skin just happens to last a bit longer and allow you to move around while being so for a bit. If immunity to damage is so inherently unbalanced, we're going to need to change a lot more than just Iron Skin and Link.

What exactly makes 15 seconds of invincibility where you have to deplete ammunition to destroy your enemies so much more broken than 3 seconds of invincibility where everything gets destroyed for you?

This game does't need a "lol syndrom" for those of you who are not aware i'm speaking of league of legends in the last season they have being nerfing stuff left and right in order to balance but in the end all they did is made the game less fun because all of the abilities you were used to for years now do jack **** and a lot of players including myself stopped playing the game because of that. Now i still go back at play it at times to see what's changed or what not but i really don't want this game to just sit on my desktop because all the fun abilities are getting nerfed constantly.

Instead Focus on buffing the weaker ones like sayrin and nyx right now for example. 

You don't see people complaining about real "I WIN" button abilities like banshees for example you press 1 button the entire room is cleared and you're immune for the duration as well . But if banshee did't have that there would't be any point to play her.

Same goes to Rhino and Trinity they need those abilities and they need those abilities to be useful.

This game is PVE you can always add harder enemies while nerfing the warframes constantly will make them flat out boring. Most of the abilities become useless with harder enemies anyways then how about you completely remove those abilities then you're pretty much wearing different skins not warframes.

STAHP.

YES THIS DUDE UNDERSTANDS! You have my respect bro. 

YES THIS DUDE UNDERSTANDS! You have my respect bro. 

no that is the problem from a design/balance perspective he understands nothing.

I'm not going to advocate Riot is the best at balancing but nerfing is important just as buffing, as for him and his friend jumping ship on LoL after nerfs I've seen people stop playing champs on there after a slight nerf to one small ability (its like people can't mentally handle the word nerf)

as for what else he said people are asking for reworks on some of the abilities not removal, you people need to stop overreacting and think about it objectively.

Hard to answer that question as those are two different abilities used in two different ways. If you are talking about Trinity it's more that 15 seconds of god mode. If the mobs aren't being burned down with AoE, and the god modes can't help 'cause "that doesn't kill enemies", then the cryopod gets destroyed and we all lose anyways. Hey look, something else that has nothing to do with this topic.

At the end of the day, it's still god mode, it's still tacky, and should still be changed. IN MY OPINION. whew almost did it again...

So the extent of your reasoning is 'I think it's tacky so it should be changed'?

Edited by JerryMouse13

Nerfing Iron Skin would reduce teh Rhino into uselessness since his 3 other skills are laughably mediocre.  There are plenty of other skills more worthy of a nerf such as Slash Dash, Link + Energy Vampire, Overload, et cetera.  I don't understand the desire of some folks to nerf a frame's only good skill.  Besides, who knows what the Developers have in store when it comes to future content releases.  You just might wish you hadn't cause the Rhino to be nerfed.

So if it is PvE, where we all play together than players must be happy when I turn on an aim bot. I am on their side, and I can shoot down enemies faster in defence missions. Everybody will profit.

I can also use an credit hack to have unlimited platinum, so I can buy all mod packs / warframes and weapons, because my clan can prfoit from it since I am more versatile now.

I can also take my slide into melee macro which lets me infinitely slith-melee, without using stamina, since it kills faster for the sake of the squad.

comparing hacking the game to a skill thats already in the game is just plain stupid. i swear you guys are almost just as bad as the noobs complaining about Deathstrokes guns being to strong on the injustice forums...difference is, injustice is a fighting game, This is not and were not gonna be fighting each other, its PvE. And Dojo fights will probably made so that certain skills work differently anyways.

Link is somewhat OP, it should be some fraction or percentage of the damage that is transferred and not all of it.

Iron Skin however is a must for the Rhino.

Link is not a damage threat. Mobs literally stop shooting at you when link is active.

But it is fun to use while running in fires, taking hits from rollers, timing rocket launchers, triggering mines, and gathering leeches.

Edited by Qb3rt

Why nerfed? Rhino and Trinity r on your side not against you.. -_____-

I love this logic. Like, how about playing passians with all cards up?

In fact, why not give rhino and trinity a 9999 yard aoe nuke that kills everything on contact, and then say that it doesnt matter cause they are on your side?

I'm soooooooooo tired of new players asking for nerfs.... STAHP! This is not freakin league of legends! It's PVE! So instead of saying "A is better then B so nerf A!", you should say "B is overshadowed by A, so buff B!".

In the end, we'll all be stick figures with wetnoodles.

Your method ends up with the enemies as limp noodles.

If every ability in the game has to live up to the utility of link then we will all be unstoppable juggernauts.

In fact, why not give rhino and trinity a 9999 yard aoe nuke that kills everything on contact, and then say that it doesnt matter cause they are on your side?

Well since we're nerfing stuff, why not remove Loki's invis, and Saryn's miasma, and Excalibur's frame. All of these are BETTER than iron skin or link in your average mission. Oh hey, I forgot Frost's Snowglobe, we better get rid of that because people seem to be enjoying getting past wave 40 on Corpus defense and it's basically like iron skin for your whole team.

Edited by Excitonex

Most abilities make you completely invulnerable to damage. Rhino Skin just happens to last a bit longer and allow you to move around while being so for a bit. If immunity to damage is so inherently unbalanced, we're going to need to change a lot more than just Iron Skin and Link.

Sound Quake is not an I WIN button against strong enemies, it's brief moment of invincibility is not a god mode.

What exactly makes 15 seconds of invincibility where you have to deplete ammunition to destroy your enemies so much more broken than 3 seconds of invincibility where everything gets destroyed for you?

Serious question. How many waves of defense does that "everything dies" ability work?

In a situation where AoE's fail, I could still use Trin to facetank everything in the room with just melee attacks if I wanted. It might take awhile, but superman will eventually kill everything. Please try again

no that is the problem from a design/balance perspective he understands nothing.

I'm not going to advocate Riot is the best at balancing but nerfing is important just as buffing, as for him and his friend jumping ship on LoL after nerfs I've seen people stop playing champs on there after a slight nerf to one small ability (its like people can't mentally handle the word nerf)

as for what else he said people are asking for reworks on some of the abilities not removal, you people need to stop overreacting and think about it objectively.

Your method ends up with the enemies as limp noodles.

If every ability in the game has to live up to the utility of link then we will all be unstoppable juggernauts.

It's refreshing to see pearls of common sense shine through the vastly muddled content of this thread. Indeed, people can't seem to mentally handle the word nerf. Poor choice of word on my part

So the extent of your reasoning is 'I think it's tacky so it should be changed'?

That's definitely a concern of mine, as quoted. The game has way more potential than that in my opinion

Closing statement to maybe address the apparent consensus:

Just because an ability doesn't completely massacre everything in a room in a spit second, should it be devoid of any alteration.

Just because an ability isn't spammed 100% by the community, that there is nothing wrong with it and should require no future updating.

Edited by finaLfrontier

this is like planetside, Where you can tell Which ones are the vanu by them defending their OP faction.

That said, unlike here, Vanu actually is unbelivably OP, so reading the Fetish-fanboys posts are hilarious. this is just dumb.

This is PvE, Therefore all players should be on equal level when competing for the most kills.

like I've said multiple times, Rhino should get an invincible frontal Barricade spawn instead of iron skin. the frontal barricade functions similar to a pillar of pure iron skin, it just requires that the rhino place it in front of him, the rhino can still be flanked, can still be damaged, it still has a section of it wholly invincible while it takes cover behind the wall. the wall may or may not deal some damage to enemies who hit it.

why?

A. PvP is being introduced, and DE are either going to make iron skin unusable (effectively making all rhino noobs incompetent at PvP), Nerf it in/for PvP, which is what half this forum wants, Or keep it as is and watth rhino become the most OP PvP frame, thus killing PvP right after introduction

B. Most other frames' turn invincible while using an ability, this is for surety that the ability won't glitch when a shockwave moa arrives and ruins everything. this means they sacrifice their agility for temporary invincibility and an attack which does something specific (with exclusions such as invisibility etc.).

Iron Skin Allows rhino that same Invincibility, as well as potential for THREE other ability attacks, full mobility, access to their firearms, and the ability to hack everything to bits. it doesn't sacrifice any one of the things the other classes do.

A frontal shield/barricade means that rhino has the option of maintaining invincibility, so long as he stays behind the wall, he can run out and shoot, but he exposes himself.

But there's already cover in the levels

If you are resorting to iron skin, which consumes energy and is only finite, and not the permanent cover already given, Then you have a problem. the barricade allows you to have cover in open areas such as jackals arena. or large tilesets

Nerfing something is a big consideration. you're removing functionality after giving it to someone, it is much easier to swap it out for something more balanced. that way you are compensating people for the functionality loss. (or fake compensating, I don't care)

a barricade makes rhino a creative class. not a magnet for rhino noobs.

this is like planetside, Where you can tell Which ones are the vanu by them defending their OP faction.

That said, unlike here, Vanu actually is unbelivably OP, so reading the Fetish-fanboys posts are hilarious. this is just dumb.

This is PvE, Therefore all players should be on equal level when competing for the most kills.

like I've said multiple times, Rhino should get an invincible frontal Barricade spawn instead of iron skin. the frontal barricade functions similar to a pillar of pure iron skin, it just requires that the rhino place it in front of him, the rhino can still be flanked, can still be damaged, it still has a section of it wholly invincible while it takes cover behind the wall. the wall may or may not deal some damage to enemies who hit it.

why?

A. PvP is being introduced, and DE are either going to make iron skin unusable (effectively making all rhino noobs incompetent at PvP), Nerf it in/for PvP, which is what half this forum wants, Or keep it as is and watth rhino become the most OP PvP frame, thus killing PvP right after introduction

B. Most other frames' turn invincible while using an ability, this is for surety that the ability won't glitch when a shockwave moa arrives and ruins everything. this means they sacrifice their agility for temporary invincibility and an attack which does something specific (with exclusions such as invisibility etc.).

Iron Skin Allows rhino that same Invincibility, as well as potential for THREE other ability attacks, full mobility, access to their firearms, and the ability to hack everything to bits. it doesn't sacrifice any one of the things the other classes do.

A frontal shield/barricade means that rhino has the option of maintaining invincibility, so long as he stays behind the wall, he can run out and shoot, but he exposes himself.

But there's already cover in the levels

If you are resorting to iron skin, which consumes energy and is only finite, and not the permanent cover already given, Then you have a problem. the barricade allows you to have cover in open areas such as jackals arena. or large tilesets

Nerfing something is a big consideration. you're removing functionality after giving it to someone, it is much easier to swap it out for something more balanced. that way you are compensating people for the functionality loss. (or fake compensating, I don't care)

a barricade makes rhino a creative class. not a magnet for rhino noobs.

I have 2 things I have to point out/nitpick on your comment.

1) The barrier idea sounds like a dumb down version of Volt's Electric Shield. Electric Shield not only puts up a barrier in front of you but you can also shoot through it. So that would only make Rhino worse, because there is a better version of it already out there. Also Frost will now easily overshadow Rhino because well snow globe.

2) DE already stated they will not rebalance any skills for the dueling aspect in the dojo. If you don't believe me check out their livestream 5 via youtube.

In the most recent livestream, the DE folks talked about 'emergent' co-operative use of abilities in ways that are not exploits, but rather (and I hope to paraphrase correctly here) "really cool combinations." While the strength of abilities and such is always subject to potential alteration, such a thing would only come (once again, mentioned in the livestream) after meaningful highlights of the individual parts of the skill(s) and useful feedback, not just 'Fix this, it is bad.'

In a situation where AoE's fail, I could still use Trin to facetank everything in the room with just melee attacks if I wanted. It might take awhile, but superman will eventually kill everything. Please try again

Except that in a situation where ult nukes are no longer viable, the amount of time it takes even for an invulnerable character to kill the enemies around them renders the duration of their invulnerability utterly worthless. I don't play Trinity so I don't know how Link works, but Rhino has a mere 15 seconds of invulnerability.

In any situation where an ultimate is not sufficient to meaningfully damage the enemy, there is no way that a Rhino who has to rely solely upon the gun in his hand, and the blade on his back, is going to be able to do anything meaningful. Iron skin still costs energy. Eventually you will be worn down due to the sheer quantity of health your enemies poses.

Edit:

That's definitely a concern of mine, as quoted. The game has way more potential than that in my opinion

Closing statement to maybe address the apparent consensus:

Just because an ability doesn't completely massacre everything in a room in a spit second, should it be devoid of any alteration.

Just because an ability isn't spammed 100% by the community, that there is nothing wrong with it and should require no future updating.

The counterpoint to that is of course, just because you deem an abilities mechanics unsatisfactory, should it be altered. You have an opinion on current game-mechanics, and you're entitled to it. You are not however, entitled to preach your opinion like it's fact, and use it as a basis to demand changes to the game, at the expense of the rest of the player base.

The current majority opinion appears to be that Rhino and Trinity are fine as is, and there has been ample proof provide to support it.

Edited by JerryMouse13

[...] PvP [...] going to be added to the game, especially when so many abilities were made before it's implementation.

No PVP in this game. None, niet, f*all, non, yada yada... how many times (and in how many languages) do we have to say it? There is NOT GOING TO BE ANY PVP RELEASED. Go read FAQ ffs. It's only going to be competition between clans and such (points, amount of killed enemies and such). Never tenno vs tenno directly in a fight.

So please, don't use that bullsh*t as an excuse for "balancing" purposes.

Edited by VieuxPappy

Well if they're so powerful, why isn't everyone running a rhino or a trinity?

Look at any and every high wave endless defense attempts bro.

Everyone is using them.

In your average daily farming runs they are rarely seen cause exactly to their nature, they are boring as ****.

Kind of gets to you when you can melee a boss to death with a bent spoon and the boss cant do anything about it but futilely empty bullets in you.

Making Iron skin a full frontal shield is the dumbest idea i've ever heard, u don't tank with something like that, you hunker down behind it and shoot. And rhino is all about getting up in peoples faces and ruining their day.

No PVP in this game. None, niet, f*all, non, yada yada... how many times (and in how many languages) do we have to say it? There is NOT GOING TO BE ANY PVP RELEASED. Go read FAQ ffs. It's only going to be competition between clans and such (points, amount of killed enemies and such). Never tenno vs tenno directly in a fight.

So please, don't use that bullsh*t as an excuse for "balancing" purposes.

Are you implying that the dueling system coming u8 isn't pvp?  Cause that's hilarious.