Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How We Made It Thru Blackout 3 In Three People

Deshiel

Some guy abandoned us right at the beginning. He was our squad self appointed tactician and he tried to tell us what frames to pick.

I was like nooooooooooooooooooo.

All I cared about were my efficiency mods and a package of team energy restores.

I had frost, my random comrades took mesa and oberon. That rage quiter.... I dont even know what he had.

Anyway we pretty much killed every manic quite easily.

I moded my super saiyan  snow globe to last long and stretch imensely, so it covered a long corridor.

Our mesa started to do some peacekeeping while I kept spaming snowglobe (mine had 70 seconds) and ice wave because that combo frozen the manics even harder.

we kept running away from those frozen manics who tried to ambush us while we were mostly focused on shooting frozen enemies away from mesa. I was downed several times and I spent like 8 energy restores. But it was all good and we won.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/45375528363255338/D3AA8FF31F501B4A593E26CA37202AC79CD8A78A/

I have seen people soloing though third stage.

I would guess finishing it with 3 peeps is no thing to brag about. 

That's just my opinion tho.

According to you I shouldn't have bothered to share my story huh.

You who claim how easy it is, you should remember that this game is not only about you.

There are many who have realy hard time going throught the blackout alerts. This might be worthless S#&$ for you, but it could help or inspire others who didn't beat them it yet.

While yes, it is a difficult mission, it's not difficult in the sense of requiring strategy and ability to win.

It's difficult in the sense of not getting incapped over a forced duration of battle due to invulnerability, invisibility, and health regen while being invulnerable and invisible.

This is not design that looks for player ability, you're not having to show your SKILL to defeat these opponents. There's no method to counter their attacks, it's simply evade until there's an opening, attack, go back to evading.

I'm not trying to de-value your accomplishments, I'm trying to explain what poor design these enemies are.

While yes, it is a difficult mission, it's not difficult in the sense of requiring strategy and ability to win.

It's difficult in the sense of not getting incapped over a forced duration of battle due to invulnerability, invisibility, and health regen while being invulnerable and invisible.

This is not design that looks for player ability, you're not having to show your SKILL to defeat these opponents. There's no method to counter their attacks, it's simply evade until there's an opening, attack, go back to evading.

I'm not trying to de-value your accomplishments, I'm trying to explain what poor design these enemies are.

This might suprise you, but I don't feel in any way more special than I ever was just for completing one level in a video-game.

I just made this to share my experience and I like reading useful comments so your post does not threaten my self-valu at all.

This might suprise you, but I don't feel in any way more special than I ever was just for completing one level in a video-game.

I just made this to share my experience and I like reading useful comments so your post does not threaten my self-valu at all.

Relax dude. We got it, you did some hard for you content and shared info. For the protocol - maniacs are boring now =( and a huge crowd of them doesnt change the fact that they are easy as hell now =(

I solo'd all of them, and , to my suprise, I never got pounced. So I just life strike'd / galatined 15 manics and it was all good. After the last one I learned of the moa and wanted to re-try it, but then red text.

EDIT: I used excal with no abilites, cause excal cool like that.

Edited by SoIaris

I know this is nothing to brag about, but...

There were three players, one Frost with Chilling Globe augment, useless Limbo (not the frame, the player), and a Vauban using Vortex(me)

Threw down a bunch of energy pizzas, Surprisingly, I was the only one with restores.

Get in a small room, Vortex at the door, Chilling Globe, melee the manics.

This was after several attempts at public matches.

People should stop poking their chest out with the solo runs. 15 manics is not the same as 50. TalK to me when you have 50 manics and your entire team ragequits. I got to 40\50 before 1 manic glitched.

THIS IS A GENERAL STATEMENT. Also I enjoy the Manic when they aren't one touch deaths. But hey nothing like a taste of our own medicine.