Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stamina Bar......

Ironlixivium

I'm not trying to devbash or anything, but it's just kinda stupid :/ We're space ninjas, possibly even cyborg space ninjas, yet we can only sprint how far? 50 meters? Then we have to wait how long until we can do that again? I've sprinted 200m before, and I was nowhere near as fit as a cyborg space ninja should be. Now, you could extend  the stamina bar and stamina regen to a realistic level, but tbh, there's honestly no point, because a truely realistic level would give you so much stamina it would be just as pointless as adding a mechanic that limits you to only be able to fire up to 99999999999999999 bullets per game.

In short, I feel like the stamina bar is both unrealistic, and an unnecessary limitation, since we're space ninja, and have enough BS that will kill us as it is (energy drain, nullies, ballistas, any kind of infested ancient, etc). So there's not really a point in it.

Stamina is going to see revisions as they work on Parkour 2.0

How it will come about, what it will mean, and what it will change, we'll just have to wait and see. All we can do in the meantime is just be patient I'm afraid.

Yes, it's clunky, but they are working on it. Just need to endure it for the immediate future.

[size=1]Ok, yes, that was bad, I'm sorry[/size]

I'm not trying to devbash or anything, but it's just kinda stupid :/ We're space ninjas, possibly even cyborg space ninjas, yet we can only sprint how far? 50 meters? Then we have to wait how long until we can do that again? I've sprinted 200m before, and I was nowhere near as fit as a cyborg space ninja should be. Now, you could extend  the stamina bar and stamina regen to a realistic level, but tbh, there's honestly no point, because a truely realistic level would give you so much stamina it would be just as pointless as adding a mechanic that limits you to only be able to fire up to 99999999999999999 bullets per game.

In short, I feel like the stamina bar is both unrealistic, and an unnecessary limitation, since we're space ninja, and have enough BS that will kill us as it is (energy drain, nullies, ballistas, any kind of infested ancient, etc). So there's not really a point in it.

I can run in a full kit with 3 guns and be perfectly fine afterwards, and I'm not even in a military or anything.

full plate carrier, 3x 30 round mags with 7.62x39 and 3x 10 round mags of 7.62x54r, 3x 15 round mags of 9mm, WITH first aid kits and what not.

our space ninjas must be asthmatic. :|

Edited by VYR3

I can run in a full kit with 3 guns and be perfectly fine afterwards, and I'm not even in a military or anything.

full plate carrier, 3x 30 round mags with 7.62x39 and 3x 10 round mags of 7.62x54r, 3x 15 round mags of 9mm, WITH first aid kits and what not.

We have space aids, like our kubrows. Difference being that our kubrows lose health over time, and we lose stamina permanently.

We have space aids, like our kubrows. Difference being that our kubrows lose health over time, and we lose stamina permanently.

Damm this made me laugh so hard HAHAHAHAHAHA 

Also reminded me of Malzahar... lol

Stamina is going to see revisions as they work on Parkour 2.0

How it will come about, what it will mean, and what it will change, we'll just have to wait and see. All we can do in the meantime is just be patient I'm afraid.

Yes, it's clunky, but they are working on it. Just need to endure it for the immediate future.

Ok, yes, that was bad, I'm sorry

Oh, yeah, I know, but from their latest devstream, they don't seem to be dropping stamina like I would like them to.

First, if you aren't in the military, why are you running around with multiple guns? XD LOL

Second, I forgot to mention, that I have asthma....so...yeah......

Me: Has asthma but can sprint 200m without needing anything to help me breathe

Cyborg space ninja: can barely sprint 50m before they need a break...

Something's definitely wrong here....

Can't say I really ever run out of stamina, as other mechanics are easily applied, such as sliding or coptering.

Simply sprinting everywhere isn't fast enough, so new methods must be learned.

yeah, but you're showing another logic hole by doing that: meleeing and coptering takes stamina, but unlike sprinting, you can copter without stamina without any penalty to damage.... e.e

Stamina should only apply to blocking.

Maybe if they rework it, stamina could be used for a sprint speed faster than our default, a 3rd gear. This would make more sense and not feel limiting.

but then again, we're still space ninja, we should be able to block bullets whenever we feel like it. Also, we don't really need to have a limitation on blocking, since 1, our stamina is already being eaten by using melees, and 2 there's no such thing as block 2 win. blocking solves nothing except negating bullet and melee damage from a single direction, if you get flanked or attacked by any other kind of enemy, you still take damage.

First, if you aren't in the military, why are you running around with multiple guns? XD LOL

run and gun, its a thing me and my dad do, you mark out a half mile to a mile with targets at different ranges and try to take down the targets, its a lot of fun.

finally found a video that isnt an HOUR long lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVf_CV_Kg5o 

this is all it is, basically. its pretty fun and I enjoy it.

Edited by VYR3

Oh, yeah, I know, but from their latest devstream, they don't seem to be dropping stamina like I would like them to.

Me: Has asthma but can sprint 200m without needing anything to help me breathe

Cyborg space ninja: can barely sprint 50m before they need a break...

Something's definitely wrong here....

yeah, but you're showing another logic hole by doing that: meleeing and coptering takes stamina, but unlike sprinting, you can copter without stamina without any penalty to damage.... e.e

but then again, we're still space ninja, we should be able to block bullets whenever we feel like it. Also, we don't really need to have a limitation on blocking, since 1, our stamina is already being eaten by using melees, and 2 there's no such thing as block 2 win. blocking solves nothing except negating bullet and melee damage from a single direction, if you get flanked or attacked by any other kind of enemy, you still take damage.

I dunno, I'd have to disagree that blocking should be an unlimited affair. Good gameplay reasons and practical reasons. I enjoy the aspect of balancing my blocking with deciding when to attack. Unlimited block trivializes that. Also, blocking BULLETS with a sword looks like a very tiring activity. It's perfectly reasonable to think that if anything, this could become somewhat tiring for a tenno, even if it's just mental fatigue.

I dunno, I'd have to disagree that blocking should be an unlimited affair. Good gameplay reasons and practical reasons. I enjoy the aspect of balancing my blocking with deciding when to attack. Unlimited block trivializes that. Also, blocking BULLETS with a sword looks like a very tiring activity. It's perfectly reasonable to think that if anything, this could become somewhat tiring for a tenno, even if it's just mental fatigue.

I guess, but it just seems weird to keep a stamina bar around for a single activity that some people never do. o.0 Maybe be better to have a "block" bar that appears under your riticle while blocking but is hidden any other time?

run and gun, its a thing me and my dad do, you mark out a half mile to a mile with targets at different ranges and try to take down the targets, its a lot of fun.

finally found a video that isnt an HOUR long lol

this is all it is, basically. its pretty fun and I enjoy it.

Definitely fun to watch, a good laugh.  Run, Stop, and try to Gun, chest holster, weapon jam, etc. Looks like someone (probably from midwest) raided a US CAV store or a Ranger Joes magazine.

Anyway, this is a Warframe forum.  I really hope they don't completely do away with stamina, because my Loki(P) are already polarized for stamina & sprint.  I had the ability slots polarized for these before, but then those got taken away.  However, I wouldn't mind taking away melee attacks draining stamina.  Although I would have to change the weapons I use most.  I prefer the Fang P because they have a really low stamina cost, they're fast, and they do good damage against higher level enemies.

I guess, but it just seems weird to keep a stamina bar around for a single activity that some people never do. o.0 Maybe be better to have a "block" bar that appears under your riticle while blocking but is hidden any other time?

If it was up to me-

Stamina would be used for blocking, charged attacks and sprinting. Not the current sprint, an extra fast sprint a little slower than Volts ability.

Lmao, this!

Definitely fun to watch, a good laugh.  Run, Stop, and try to Gun, chest holster, weapon jam, etc. Looks like someone (probably from midwest) raided a US CAV store or a Ranger Joes magazine.

Anyway, this is a Warframe forum.  I really hope they don't completely do away with stamina, because my Loki(P) are already polarized for stamina & sprint.  I had the ability slots polarized for these before, but then those got taken away.  However, I wouldn't mind taking away melee attacks draining stamina.  Although I would have to change the weapons I use most.  I prefer the Fang P because they have a really low stamina cost, they're fast, and they do good damage against higher level enemies.

Well they wouldn't be completely removed, most likely (if this happened) they would be converted to buff a new different mechanic, similar to how reflex coil was when melee 2.0 came out.