Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Citizen Adding In An Fps Mode And Educational Games?!

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizen-developer-wants-to-reinvent-the-fps/1100-6426604/

So I've covered Star Citizen many times. In fact, it's the one game I've covered on most (aside from Bloodborne). Now comes in this article which details how an upcoming module from the devs called "Star Marine" will play out.

"Sprinting or using contextual navigation initiates the Lowered stance," the post says. "Moving slowly and deliberately keeps your weapon in the Ready stance. When in the Lowered stance (entered by sprinting or using contextual navigation), pressing the Fire button will bring you back into the Ready stance.

When in the Ready stance, pressing the Aim button brings you into the Aim Down Sight stance. Releasing the held button returns the weapon to the Ready stance."

Roberts is also adding a new system for breathing and stamina to help reinforce a system of stat trade-offs between different kinds of weapons and armor. Heavier gear will drain players of stamina more, causing them to breath more heavily which, in turn, makes their aim more erratic. Players, much like real soldiers, will have to be careful so that they don't end up tiring their avatars. For the best aim, they'll also need to fire at the tops and bottoms of breaths to ensure that the chest isn't moving when they're shooting."

The way it's described here doesn't sound that interesting (apart from the breathing system). I've seen multiple games use this three stance system before (can't remember, but I have seen it before). 

As for the breathing system, it sounds interesting.

But this doesn't help make me more interested in the game. I dislike tactical shooters. Too slow paced.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/department-of-education-believes-video-games-are-t/1100-6426600/

And yes, the department of education is currently creating MinecraftEdu and will be implementing it in schools in the US and Ireland (<--According to a friend).

This is good and all...but I'm waiting for that one kid to hack the sever to let him use TNT and blow EVERYTHING up.

Lol all those stances are just traditional shooter rules, just incase you weren;t being sarcastic when you said youve seen em before. Also I think stamina will ruin the FPS module.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I know I've seen 'em before.

The breathing system can either break or make it. But either way, it's just making it more complicated than I need it to be. I never enjoy slow paced tactical shooters.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I know I've seen 'em before.

The breathing system can either break or make it. But either way, it's just making it more complicated than I need it to be. I never enjoy slow paced tactical shooters.

No the point I'm making is that this is how every shooting game is. When you ADS(aim down sights) you move slower and aim sensitivity is lowered and ready is when you are just walking around normally and can shoot your gun. Like every other traditional shooter you cant aim while sprinting.

Edited by Shreiko

I think its good they have out-of-ship features in the game. Other space-sims like Elite: Dangerous and EVE Online don't have enough of it.

Also, they are implementing an educational Minecraft in Ireland as well. 

Bit strange, but the more games are recognized for their educational uses, the better.

No the point I'm making is that this is how every shooting game is. When you ADS(aim down sights) you move slower and aim sensitivity is lowered and ready is when you are just walking around normally and can shoot your gun. Like every other traditional shooter you cant aim while sprinting.

Hm. Makes sense.

Breathing. As a game mechanic. 

Well, one cannot say that it would be realistic. But what would be more realistic is for the characters to actually have to go to the toilet for a quick pee after a while. 

You know, not many games do that (going to the toilet to pee for realism, not the breathing mechanic). 

Breathing. As a game mechanic. 

Well, one cannot say that it would be realistic. But what would be more realistic is for the characters to actually have to go to the toilet for a quick pee after a while. 

You know, not many games do that (going to the toilet to pee for realism, not the breathing mechanic). 

Well...I mean you have postal 2.

THE WORLD IS YOUR TOILET.

I am patient no matter what they doing- Not spent any cent on those games and I will usualy wait for tests and gameplays before jumping into the nowhere.

A breathing system mostly works in Sniper Elite but some other games tried this type of realism. Maybe that game finished someday but I am also more interested in M&B2, KF2, No man's sky.

I am patient no matter what they doing- Not spent any cent on those games and I will usualy wait for tests and gameplays before jumping into the nowhere.

A breathing system mostly works in Sniper Elite but some other games tried this type of realism. Maybe that game finished someday but I am also more interested in M&B2, KF2, No man's sky.

Literally cannot wait for the 21st to get my hands on KF2.

No Mans Sky is a ways off for Pc, but I look forward to it all the same.

Until I see some kind of finished product, Star Citizen will be just a giant vaporware to me. If I have to play something similar, I'll just go back on EVE.

I spent five hours playing it last night, and I have spent quite a few playing it in the past. If that isn't a real game, I don't know what is.

Literally cannot wait for the 21st to get my hands on KF2.

No Mans Sky is a ways off for Pc, but I look forward to it all the same.

I can't figure out what all the hype is about for KF2. The first game was a bland lifeless husk, so why should this one be any different?

The base mod was good, but even that paled in comparison to splicing in UT weapons and the UTRPG mod. Modding mods is the best.

Edited by egregiousRac

I can't figure out what all the hype is about for KF2. The first game was a bland lifeless husk, so why should this one be any different?

The base mod was good, but even that paled in comparison to splicing in UT weapons and the UTRPG mod. Modding mods is the best.

It's better than the base mod, which is severely outdated.

The retail version is superior in every form. Graphics, sound, gameplay, content etc.

If it was a bland lifeless husk, then explain how a game like that can make me play it for 813 hours.