The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many People Actually Use Channeling?

MurderHoboDinosaur

Just like kubrows, archwing, and some other washy washy features, I used channeling once or twice when it came out, and never again.

No amount of efficiency will make it worth consuming energy with melee, when you can save it for big and useful abilities.

Edited by 7grims

Berserker for the win buddy.....

I really don't like the visuals of the elemental effects because generally I can't get them to work in a color scheme I want, so I usually mod for channeling (mostly because there aren't many other options).

turn off the elemental effects....

Edited by (PS4)jwernecke

Just like kubrows, archwing, and some other washy washy features, I used channeling once or twice when it came out, and never again.

No amount of efficiency will make it worth consuming energy with melee, when you can save it for big and useful abilities.

This

I hardly equip melee as my current weapon, thus using channeling doesn't really come up much.

Not to mention it disentigrates corpses which will make things harder on nekros if you're using him or brought one along.

I when I'm not leveling something I mostly just use my old Orthos Prime with primed reach on it. Nice wide range and murders pretty much everything when doing quick spins.

Edited by Maguscreed

I completely agree

I do, why wouldnt you? its 1.5 at base and with killing blow its double damage essentially. and with focus energy the energy cost isnt bad and i've never had an issue with energy or running out of energy, and with most builds abilities are pretty cheap so its not like its a huge issue when channeling and casting abilities. it think channeling is amazing really and do so all the time 

I used to include Reflex Coil in my builds for essentially permanent channeling, but then I realized that I would still often run out of energy (even on Rage builds) because I don't get hit often enough. And in the event that I did get hit (e.g. by a knockdown or a Nullifier or something), I died a lot because Reflex Coil reduced the weapon's damage too much to recover health at a decent rate. Not fun.

So I just swapped out RC for something else and only channel when I need to. Much more energy-efficient this way.

Pretty streaks to help people follow me in Derelict runs and playing in elevators as they move.

But also for Quickening before I get a few Zerker stacks, for extra strength coptering (with Quickening), and when I'm stuck in melee with a heavy eximus.

I do normally run Energy Siphon, if that helps your argument any (kinda does).

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Depends on the weapon.

Tonbo, Kronen an Dex Dakra i use as quick melee weapons so i channel very rarely.

Scindo Prime w Tempp Royale and Dakra Prime w Crimson Dervish are my "equipped melees" meaning that i usually equip them when i want to melee stuff and so on those i channel quite a bit more, depending on the situation. Dakra more than Scindo because i LOVE Nyx's Immortal Skin channeling effect.

Edited by Autongnosis