Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We've Been Looking At The Ideas Of The Arbiters Wrong This Whole Time?

(XBOX)Grihaly

From what they said in the last Devstream, DE seemed to imply that they have no plans on incorporating any lore into the Syndicates. They basically just added them into the game to give us something else to do. Hopefully that changes, because Syndicates have a lot of potential and it'd be a shame for it to be wasted as just a tacked on feature.

As far the AoH goes, they don't seem to be oppressive or arrogant. It really just seems like they're tired of the Tenno being associated with the warrior stereotype and want to be looked on as more than just guns for hire. They don't really seem all that concerned about the rest of the system beyond how they're perceived. From my eyes, they just want to improve and educate themselves, to be more than mindless killing machines. I never got the impression that they wish to rule over anyone.

From what they said in the last Devstream, DE seemed to imply that they have no plans on incorporating any lore into the Syndicates. They basically just added them into the game to give us something else to do. Hopefully that changes, because Syndicates have a lot of potential and it'd be a shame for it to be wasted as just a tacked on feature.

Weren't syndicate wars going to be thing? They were gonna call it Proxy Wars or something like that... I think... Maybe.

Weren't syndicate wars going to be thing? They were gonna call it Proxy Wars or something like that... I think... Maybe.

It'd be awesome if they did that. Syndicates have so much that they could bring to the game beyond mods and weapons. But from what I saw in last Devstream (not sure if it was the very last, or second to last) they don't seem very interested in expanding the lore of the Syndicates. Really sucks if that's true, because otherwise, the most lore we'll have are thread like these where we just explain our own headcanon.

It's a common theory actually, besides wanting the Tenno as rulers.

It's really all up for debate at the moment, until they're fleshed out a bit more. Currently I stand for the 'benevolent benefactors who wish for tenno to get their act together' ideal.

As far the AoH goes, they don't seem to be oppressive or arrogant. It really just seems like they're tired of the Tenno being associated with the warrior stereotype and want to be looked on as more than just guns for hire. They don't really seem all that concerned about the rest of the system beyond how they're perceived. From my eyes, they just want to improve and educate themselves, to be more than mindless killing machines. I never got the impression that they wish to rule over anyone.

Answer for the top: Actually I think they did say that all syndicates including the teshin and simrias will get side quests that delve into their lore from the last dev stream.

As for the second part: Basically what I believe from there vague text lines that are being offered.

I am guessing it has to do with the past. Like Ordis and Teshin - implied by Simaris- they tell us that the Tenno were lied to.

Something is hidden from the Tenno, either in connection to the Orokin or the Sentients.

Be more than we were but only when our memories are whole again.

I am guessing it has to do with the past. Like Ordis and Teshin - implied by Simaris- they tell us that the Tenno were lied to.

Something is hidden from the Tenno, either in connection to the Orokin or the Sentients.

Be more than we were but only when our memories are whole again.

That could be the reason for the Arbiters everlasting search for 'truth'....

Tenno have never won a war. Never! We turn into void to seek power ,because we lost. Void is where we can gather force, our only chance too fight back.

We can kill thousands of enemies, but not enough to extinct our enemies. The grineer have blow up a few relay , we try to stop him from build the core, yet we failed to defend them.

We are losing, where is your honor when you fail to protect your people.

Quitting warriors is a action of coward.

AoH? Cowards are in no position to judge. Denying what you are isn't smart, step up and spread the flow!

Tenno have never won a war. Never! We turn into void to seek power ,because we lost. Void is where we can gather force, our only chance too fight back.

We can kill thousands of enemies, but not enough to extinct our enemies. The grineer have blow up a few relay , we try to stop him from build the core, yet we failed to defend them.

AoH? Cowards are in no position to judge. Denying what you are isn't smart, step up and spread the flow!

You're in Red Veil, aren't you?

Most people think their ideology is for Tenno to become more than just warriors, like diplomats or something like that, ya know, other than warriors? Anyway, this idea just sparked today, while reading what somebody was saying in another thread, about honor, I went to the syndicate menu in my Liset and re-read their description. 'They reject the Tenno-as-warrior mythology, a lie constructed to limit their potential.' Then I remembered what they said "something something something the Tenno will surpass their former masters."  Now, if the Orokin were our masters, and they were in the highest class of power or whatever, they create Tenno: their warriors. We killed (or at the very least, defeated) the Sentients, which, if I am understanding correctly, is the reason why the Tenno were made in the first place. They would probably want us (and the rest of the galaxy) to believe we could never be anything other than warriors, right? Well, here we are, finally getting to my point, the Arbiters of Hexis believe, and want others to believe... That the Tenno are gods. Think about it, what do kings worship? Gods. What were the Orokin? Some kind of high ruling power. So what happens if we surpass their legacy? We become gods.

I'm probably way off, but it makes AoH sound way more awesome.

Dude don't you know what Truth & Discipline together would result in?

How did it take people so long to realize this? Why did people think they wanted Tenno to be Gods?

Truth and Discipline accompanied by Knowledge leads to a path of Enlightenment which brings Freedom to the Tenno who were forced to be Warriors back then to fight a war. Now they are free to choose and if they should choose they would be likely to choose to walk down the path of Justice!

Dude don't you know what Truth & Discipline together would result in?

How did it take people so long to realize this? Why did people think they wanted Tenno to be Gods?

Truth and Discipline accompanied by Knowledge leads to a path of Enlightenment which brings Freedom to the Tenno who were forced to be Warriors back then to fight a war. Now they are free to choose and if they should choose they would be likely to choose to walk down the path of Justice!

But then we killed the ones who 'forced us'...

with a Greek garden background and you're sitting on that golden sofa.

No more Greeks and Romans please. =/

But then we killed the ones who 'forced us'...

It was to free themselves and the free the rest of the universe despite putting into chaos afterwards.

Hmmm... someone is in too deep.

I've always thought of them more as wanting the Tenno to take the place of the Orokin as rulers of the system, but this isn't far off. Their opinions of the Tenno seem a little TOO grounded for them to be looking at us as Gods... but perhaps that's merely because we haven't ascended yet?

Yes, no, maybe.

But yeah, the Arbiters want us to become something more than we are while their main enemy, the Red Veil, want us to embrace the types of actions we took in the past.

No they freed the system from the Orokin Rulers by killing all of them remember?

It was to free themselves and the free the rest of the universe despite putting into chaos afterwards.

Ya know what? The Tenno are kind of like the Martin Walkers of Warframe... We thought, or maybe were praised as heroes, but then we turn on our masters and kill them all... Just a thought :P

So the AoH fanboy thread is still up?

People still like these guys?

Yeah, a lot of people do. Including Rebecca.

Damn you Grizzly, it's too early in the morning for you to be blowing my mind with your theories.

But in a way it makes sense. But I had the same idea as Morec0 (can't be bothered to quote) They may just want us to take the place of the Orokin and create a supreme rule over the system, because you have to imagine the Corpus and Grineer bickering probably didn't happen with the Orokin in place. And what probably sparked these two factions was the fall of the Orokin and that the entire solar system was pretty much up for grabs.

Arbiters probably see this as an opportunity for the "throne" so to speak to be claimed again, but by the Tenno and restore balance.

But with the way Lotus herds us like sheep to all these little missions, I doubt we will be capable of that anytime soon.

Ya know what? The Tenno are kind of like the Martin Walkers of Warframe... We thought, or maybe were praised as heroes, but then we turn on our masters and kill them all... Just a thought :P

Yes.

Let Justice Be Done, Though The Heavens Fall.

Right? In that war there was no good guy or bad guy.

I always liked other staff members better.

I also liked Teshin more than the lotus, but that's another senpa- I mean, story.

No offense though, she's a great conclave player when people aren't spamming.

Well, I've seen 'certain people' defend it even with caps, like a *gasp* sonic fanboy.

Edited by sappinmahsentry