Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Hind Please

_Absolom_

i actually liked the hind... then i found out the Burston was better as i compared them with same mods... It's sad though. But if you think about it, enemies use this weapon. The Grakata is a good weapon, but somehow because enemies use it like the strun and the Dera the weapon has to be crap. If you think about it, in this respect the Drakgoon is too strong and needs a nerf by this logic.

If the Hind was replaced with the Grakata on the enemies though then it's not just the Hind that needs a buff, the weapons need to all be balanced. The Hind is not the only weapon that has earned a slot on the "worthless weapons" shelf.

Its actually not as bad as you think. The hind is a pretty decent weapon and i have been considering getting one for quite some time. Here check out this video: 

Its pretty solid for a rifle. And if your tired of running around with a soma and boltor prime all day er'e day its a nice break.

all Burst Weapons need adjustments.

the Bursting Mechanic in Warframe leaves much to be desired compared to how real Burst Guns operate.

if Burst Guns operated in reality like how they do in Warframe, they would have never been invented because the first prototype would have been deemed a steaming pile and scrapped.

not only do RoF Mods NEED to affect the Bursting speed, not just the delay between Bursts, but Burst Weapons also need to Burst fast enough so that all shots in the Burst are fired 'at the same time'.

because in reality, Burst Weapons have a purpose because they Burst fast enough so that there is only one Recoil and Muzzle Climb instance felt, after all shots have left the barrel.

this keeps the user [from] compensating for forces throwing the gun off. resulting in a Semi-Auto that shoots more bullets per cycle, at the tradeoff of slightly wider grouping due to firing multiple rounds.

this is why Burst Weapons are considered a viable Weapon - because they can get the rounds out of the barrel before physics forces or user compensation can throw the gun off aim.

instead, in Warframe, most Burst Guns for some reason Burst at the speed of a 20mm Autocannon.

what's also hilarious, is that the Augment for Burston Prime is basically useless now, as Burst Guns count as Semi-Auto, and therefore have a RoF cap of 10.

meaning that that RoF Bonus does literally nothing. the RoF is already 10 innately, so that extra does nothing. because it can't affect the Bursting Speed, only the Delay between firing sequences, which again, is already at the cap.

Edit:

-snip-

i can't take that video seriously because it didn't acknowledge that Hind has Bursts of 5 rather than the standard 3 (and also didn't mention that Sybaris is 2) - and because used Gas against Infested. Edited by taiiat

Edit:

i can't take that video seriously because it didn't acknowledge that Hind has Bursts of 5 rather than the standard 3 (and also didn't mention that Sybaris is 2) - and because used Gas against Infested.

I agree with everything you said up until this edit XD, yeah sure this guys info isnt the best but if you watch him fight the corpus in the beginning he is killing lvl 20's with  1 to two bullets. I find that to be "decent" not amazing. but pretty good. potentially something that with the right build you could take up to T3.

I agree with everything you said up until this edit XD, yeah sure this guys info isnt the best but if you watch him fight the corpus in the beginning he is killing lvl 20's with  1 to two bullets. I find that to be "decent" not amazing. but pretty good. potentially something that with the right build you could take up to T3.

i didn't say anything about the Killing potential of the Weapon. (which is decent on paper - but only on paper)

i said i can't take that video seriously because it lacks some information that should be given to the viewer and because Gas Damage on Infested is not how to get the most Damage (which is what that person was creating Loadouts for). Gas isn't even actually good against the Infested.

that's like Physics Impact/Armor Piercing vs Serrated Blade all over again. omg 3x against Light Infested with Serrated Blade!

meanwhile, everyone with Physics Impact killing Light Infested with one shot anyways, and even Armor Piercing with a -50% to Light Infested, still Killing with one shot.

bonus Damage against Enemies that have little to no Health to begin with, is not very useful when the things that are really difficult to Kill, the Ancients and whatnot, are not weak to Gas Damage.

i actually liked the hind... then i found out the Burston was better as i compared them with same mods... It's sad though. But if you think about it, enemies use this weapon. The Grakata is a good weapon, but somehow because enemies use it like the strun and the Dera the weapon has to be crap. If you think about it, in this respect the Drakgoon is too strong and needs a nerf by this logic.

If the Hind was replaced with the Grakata on the enemies though then it's not just the Hind that needs a buff, the weapons need to all be balanced. The Hind is not the only weapon that has earned a slot on the "worthless weapons" shelf.

Its funny, cause the grinners used to actually use hinds before they got replaced with grakatas.

It's the standard Grineer rifle. Some weapons are just meant to be bad.

The grineer are like storm troopers, I find them pretty cool and I want to use their weapons, but their weapons are really bad. I wish they weren't really bad so I could use it.

Correction, it is a more elite Grineer rifle. And don't tell me DE would give us weapons that are purposely designed to be unusable.

Ah, okay then. My bad. But still, I wouldn't call it 'useless'. New players might prefer the Hind over the Burston. They both have roughly the same DPS, although the Hind fires slower but with more damage, and it has longer bursts, larger magazine, better status chance, and more accuracy.

Ah, okay then. My bad. But still, I wouldn't call it 'useless'. New players might prefer the Hind over the Burston. They both have roughly the same DPS, although the Hind fires slower but with more damage, and it has longer bursts, larger magazine, better status chance, and more accuracy.

The hind deals the same damage as the Burston (30 vs 30) but the damage distribution is different, same status chance (10% vs 10%), plus im not sure if new players want to farm for 6 neurodes.

The hind deals the same damage as the Burston (30 vs 30) but the damage distribution is different, same status chance (10% vs 10%), plus im not sure if new players want to farm for 6 neurodes.

Well, looks like Warframe-Builder has some problems calculating stats on burst weapons then.

To be honest I haven't used either one of them. I've always preferred Held and Automatic weapons. So I can't really go on arguing about this, which means...

a-winner-is-you-280x175.gif

Its actually not as bad as you think. The hind is a pretty decent weapon and i have been considering getting one for quite some time. Here check out this video: 

Its pretty solid for a rifle. And if your tired of running around with a soma and boltor prime all day er'e day its a nice break.

He slotted 8 maxed mods in it and he's only fighting lvl 20 enemies. This is what you call descent? Even the Mk1 Braton can 1 shot lvl 20 enemies if you use 8 maxed mods in it.

Edited by lvl999ArchNecromancerIRL

It's the standard Grineer rifle. Some weapons are just meant to be bad. 

"I don't like the lore of this weapon so it should be unusable crap."

This is an argument now?

This weapon costs 6 neurodes to craft and 225 platinum if you buy it off the market, the very minimum that must be demanded from this weapon is that it be viable all the way up to Ceres.

If you personally don't like this weapon then don't use it, but there are people who want to use it and, honestly, those people don't care about your opinion on the hinds lore.

"I don't like the lore of this weapon so it should be unusable crap."

This is an argument now?

This weapon costs 6 neurodes to craft and 225 platinum if you buy it off the market, the very minimum that must be demanded from this weapon is that it be viable all the way up to Ceres.

If you personally don't like this weapon then don't use it, but there are people who want to use it and, honestly, those people don't care about your opinion on the hinds lore.

If you took your time to read the rest of the comments, you'd know that I've already been having this argument.