Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Kind Of Sniper And Shotgun Buffs We Want?

SektorJR3

only some number buffs or some added mechanics?

personally:

-all snipers should get an innate punch-through of at least 0.5 meters, and a headshot multiplier of 200%

-(someone else's idea) some hard hitting shotguns (boar, hek etc) should cause a guaranteed impact proc up to a 5 meters range

what do you would like to buff on them?

Edited by vQuality

I second the Sniper thing, they are high powered rifles (by Tenno standards and that is saying something), i dont think a little bit of punch-through would be out of place.

~ edit, the AOE head shot idea is ripe for an augment mod, just sayin....

Edited by DienosPhos

I want them to have some CC and a much higher headshot damage so that they have a niche as a high damage precision weapon.

A mod Idea I had

Percussive Rounds (Name in Progress)

Has 3 ranks 

Rank 0 = 12.5% chance 5 meters, Rank 1 = 25% chance 10 meters, Rank 2 = 37.5% 15 meters, Rank 3 = 50% 20 meters

Every Sniper shot has a chance to explode not doing damage but creating a blast that knocks down enemies (chance doubles on headshots and adds 10 meters to knock down range)

snipers do have innate punch-through though or atleast the snipetron does im not sure about others

Lanka does too.

I can't find the thread, but another member posted some really good thoughts on how snipers could be changed for the better. Their biggest issue is their unreliable critical stats. The Lanka and Vectis require quite heavily on critical hits to do the massive single-shot damage they're supposed to, yet the maximum possible chance both can have is around 70%. You're essentially rolling the dice every time you pull the trigger.

The easiest thing to do would be to increase their base critical chance to 40%, so that a maxed Point Strike will give a guaranteed crit on each shot.

AHEM.

A sniper that shoots through enemies with innate punchthrough and deals no damage, has a huge clip.

On reload, all shot enemies take damage normally, Increased based on how many you shot.

Whether they all explode or a single bullet bounces from one to the other is a tough choice.

Edited by BeeOverlord

Suprised that no one mention about this... :)

$(KGrHqIOKpsE3t1KNEcuBOD0t0)Mk!~~_45.JPG

Adjustable and proper sniper scope pls DE. zoom in and zoom out.

And give those shotty and snips some special feature, like the only one that able to penetrate nullifier bubble, or something. Lots of good ideas from posts above me. :)

Naturally longer status effects with shotguns without mod support would be handy.

Sniper crit to 0% and guarantied crits to weak points. Then you only need to think about equipping damage multipliers. Though base multipliers may need to be decreased in general.

Edited by Firetempest

How about close range damage bonus for a shotgun and bonus damage while aiming for a sniper rifle?

Well DE already thought of this with Lasting Purity's dead aim perk. Why this isn't for every sniper is beyond me.

If they had Dead aims for every sniper though different factions and being individual mods each one could be custom %s for balance, that might be something.

Edited by Firetempest

Innate punchthrough for all snipers, at least 1m. Since Lanka and Snipetron (Vandal) already have punchthrough, so they should get something else to keep them unique, probably ignore a % armor, sort of like how Snipetron used to do innate armor piercing back then.

All snipers should be able to punchthrough nullifer bubbles! Also, 3x critical multipliers.

Higher damage for shotguns. Nullifer bubbles should take hits that depends on number of pellets, not number of shots. Put a max limit on number of pellets a bubble can take at a time. Also, DE buffed Strun but forgot to buff Strun Wraith as well. Strun Wraith used to do more damage, but now regular Strun does...

Edited by SunsetChaos

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with shotguns, they just need to suck less compared to rifles. No damage drop off, better critical stats and larger mags/faster reloads would all be nice.

Snipers are a bit harder because a lot of WF involves fighting large groups of enemies, often spread out in dense environments.

Shotguns:

- remove damage falloff and let spread take care of the rest

- damage buff/change shotgun mods scaling to be more on par with assault rifles

- make critical hits on shotguns actually a thing

- some sort of CC like guaranteed impact proc in say 5 meters range sounds interesting, we could try it out.

Sniper rifles:

- innate punchthrough on each and every one of them

- higher weakspot damage multiplier/reliable crit chance. And by reliable I mean critical hit on every shot. Doesn't have to be red crits.

- usable sniper scopes. Seriously, Lanka and Vectis have dreadful scopes.

Also, inidirect buff to sniper rifles. Change the way goddamn nullifier bubble works. 400 damage max is pitiful and I might as well just throw rocks at the bubble.

Maybe give us the ability to break the bubble with a powerful enough single shot? The damage would have to be high enough so only weapons like Vectis, Lanka, Opticor etc would be able to do this.

I think it seems reasonable.

Snipers should do more damage, have innate punch through, bypass Nullifier's shields and have a massive bonus to headshot/weak point damage.

Shotguns should have no damage falloff, ragdoll enemies and have faster reload.

Edited by Gammaion

I want them to have some CC and a much higher headshot damage so that they have a niche as a high damage precision weapon.

A mod Idea I had

Percussive Rounds (Name in Progress)

Has 3 ranks 

Rank 0 = 12.5% chance 5 meters, Rank 1 = 25% chance 10 meters, Rank 2 = 37.5% 15 meters, Rank 3 = 50% 20 meters

Every Sniper shot has a chance to explode not doing damage but creating a blast that knocks down enemies (chance doubles on headshots and adds 10 meters to knock down range)

you realize that a 50% to do no damage will happen quite often? so you are litterally going to be doing absolutely no damage to anything with this mod

Phage should deal more innate viral damage.  I mean...it doesnt necessarily  need it, but by current weapon standards, it's not near as powerful as they are.  I get around 25k DPS with decent status and good ammo consumption, but it just doesnt stack up to bullet hoses like soma p and stuff.

Actually now that i think about it....sancti phage would be pleasing.

Sniped target explodes if dealt damage is superior to his total life by a certain margin, and deals a fraction of the remaining damage over a little area, depending on how many enemies the explosion hits.

This dosen't only compensate snipers inability to hit multiple small targets, but also prizes shooting over weakspots since overkill damage gets a meaning. It also won't make snipers OP, since they will alwayshave to  deal with their main issue, which is low fire rate.