Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Under 2 Weeks In... Mastery Rank 0 Now 10 Xd

(PSN)Sum1ne_Else

Intro

UK, PSN Player - Full time job, gym 3x a week - Played MAG, Dust514, Destiny, and now Warframe.

First Thoughts

Coming from Destiny this felt like an upgrade, or Destiny felt like they ripped this game off.  It does have elements of the game but Warframe is more in depth, there's customisation, you can move around the ship, more content, you spawn in different locations albeit the same socket but a new way in.  Its not just the same gun but re-skinned with skulls or bones, or looking at your ship fly for 30 seconds through a loading screen unlike Destiny.

Now Im not here to slate Destiny, I have met some great people from that game and had some fun times, and now I have moved on.  I mean if any of you have played Destiny you will know what I mean.

nb. Maybe theres a player or even DE who wants me to record a video of me deleting 3 level32 characters all with Gjallarhorns for Plat? :) 

Advice for new players

EvilKam has a great guide which is in-depth and answers a lot of questions.

Firstly, finish the quests! Stolen dreams you may need a bit of help but Loki works great.

Get into a clan asap! I was fortunate enough to have a couple of friends do the transition a month or 2 before so they had some great tips.  Getting into a clan will grant you access to the Dojo, for trading, and also weapons and warframes (Zephyr, Banshee, Volt).  You will also be sent a key which takes 24 hours to build.

Build as many weapons and warframes as possible.  Have at least 1 Warframe start a new build each day.  Look at weapons on the market and build, for example take the Vipers, REALLY easy to build then look at the Dual Vipers, Rank 1 to level 30 (for mastery ranking) and then build another.  By the time you rank 1 you will be able to use both for the Dual.  Same with the Tipedo it needs Kunai/Bo so thats 3 weapons you could max.  Its important to have something leveling at all times.

Find something you like then look online at builds Mogamu and Calypsogaming are great.  Watch their videos, copy their builds, find the Mods on trade.  Then stick with something and learn to Forma/Mod things properly and how you want to play.  Once you learn go ahead and change their builds it is important to play how you want to.  For example Calypso has a Soma Prime build but he has Heavy cal on, I put Hammer Shot here it makes more sense for a crit weapon.

Trading:  Your clan should help you here, otherwise for pricing there arent too many guides for PS4 wftrading.net is used for PC, but I would use it as a guideline and use the med-high price range here then watch trade and try to gauge pricing.  

Lastly, UNLOCK ALL PLANETS!  This is very important.  As soon as you can, look for which bosses you need to unlock the next planet then get into recruitment chat and ask for help or Taxi.  This will help your end game and also unlock tiles.  When theres an alert and you dont have it unlocked, get a taxi and it will be unlocked once complete.  This will just help you complete the tile set on each planet and eventually add a resource collector

Other: Going into options allows you to change servers (for trading, taxi's etc).  You should also goto HUD and 'show player list' this will bring up your teams health/shield bars.

Onwards and Upwards

I think thats about all for now.  Thanks for reading Tenno o7

EDIT: Go to the PSN store online, NOT in game and get your FREE welcome pack - contains a couple of boosters and 150plat

Edited by (PS4)Sum1ne_Else

I've been here for two years, and 2,400+ hours... although haven't properly played sine the last Tactical Alert (PC), and then before that, the last main Event (PC) because I'm just burnt out. I'm level 16 as of recently, but I've taken my time to get here as going from 0 to 18 in a month just isn't fun for me. Even now, I find it hard to even want to log in to get my daily loin reward (Which I haven't done lately). I've actually gotten into PayDay 2 (PC) since the end of March, so I haven't played WF properly in about a month xD

Edited by PickleMonster21

Thanks! 

Yes I have been told about the burnout surrounding this game because there are

...But I am just taking it easy now, playing a couple of hours each day and a bit more at the weekend now my MR has slowed down a bit.

Edited by (PS4)Sum1ne_Else

if you plan to play for mastery ranks you will get burned out, its not about how many hours you play, but about just looking for mastery, there are weapons that give unique experiences, the tiles have some unique parkour routes with slingshots, spy mission and derelict vaults give rewards without the need of firepower, looking for medallions can be surprisingly fun for some players also, just try to forget about mastery ranks and receive them as a consequence rather than as a target

Edited by rockscl

if you plan to play for mastery ranks you will get burned out, its not about how many hours you play, but about just looking for mastery, there are weapons that give unique experiences, the tiles have some unique parkour routes with slingshots, spy mission and derelict vaults give rewards without the need of firepower, looking for medallions can be surprisingly fun for some players also, just try to forget about mastery ranks and receive them as a consequence rather than as a target

Of course.  Well I had some time off work so probably put more hours in then I would normally.  Back to my normal regime and slowly working the bar upto rank11.  I have found a few weapons/warframes I like to run so I will just be focusing my attention on forma'ing and getting those items to where I want.  There are a couple of weapons I have yet to try but those are mainly for infested missions (Torid) when my slow nova is needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Over 800 hours of gaming and I am mastery 16 ø_ø.... Damn mastery 0 to 10 is actually rather quick, I took my sweet time, lol.

Welcome and I hope you can hype like the rest of us about whatever might be coming!

Nice! I have to say that is fast for a starter account. I play warframe for over 2 years and just now got to mastery rank 10 =D 

Check my fansite: WarframePrime.com - a true community from fans to fans, with no ads & no donations, run by the love of the game!

~800 hours got to mastery rank 11 after 85 hours and stayed there for almost 2 years. Only reason why I'm rank 13 is because the burnout started to get to me and leveling crap is a means oof continueing with this game. And, it's intimidating now to go another community. Feels like I would be cheating on Warframe and my waifu Megan.

im sorry but i don't believe you at all, from mastery rank 0 to 10?!?! considering all the weapons and warframes you have to level (over 80 weapons/forma, my experience), and i didn't mentioned the farming for the items to build all, and you said in less than 2 weeks? even with all your explanation, nope

ps: welcome to warframe