The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #51!

[DE]Rebecca

Hello! this may have been answered before so i apologize already if it has, how soon can we expect to see answers about the several warframe trailers.

Such as:

Who is forrol? (if the name was heard correctly) from the "Vor's prize" teaser trailer

who are the people alad v was selling warframe parts to in the "The Prophet" trailer?

and will we ever get to see the ever so mysterious "Queens"?

I know Rebecca asked for Boss related questions, but could I am going to deviate slightly to include also sub-bosses:

Specifically: are there currently any plans to put any sub-bosses in Arch/Sharchwing (Stalker, G3, Zanuka or other)? How about any Archwing bosses besides J3? 

Thanks!

Aloha DE! This question is to Scott, or any who would like to chime in:

As the last Devstream had more of a focus on Excalibur's upcoming rework, rather than Frost's, could you shed some light on your upcoming changes to Frost, Scott? Your previous attempt was to try and move people away from being a one trick pony, but the changes made to Frost have not done so...and in some cases have done the opposite. Could you elaborate on the upcoming changes for Frost?

I realize this isn't a boss related question, but as the last devstream had Frost's rework be overshadowed by Excalibur's, I'd like to try and get this one in.

Q: As of late, the alternate helmet designs for the warframes are either too strange, or too absurd. No offense, but it almost feels as if the consistency that could be found in, for example, in Excalibur's or Frost's alternate helmet designs simply vanishes in the latest frames. Except for Magrite Limbo, that was well played.

My question is as follows, for the sake of variety, for the sake of new takes and new ideas on the alternate visuals, will DE accept alternate concepts for new helmets? Like, as a contest like it was for the Grineer Manic, and the latest Riot MOA?

Question 1.

At Tenno Live I had discussed with a few staff members about expanded and adding forum support into  the console versions of warframe. Due to how most console players do not even know there are forums in which to reach out to the global community for tips and information.  super excited to see this was added in with U:16.3 hitting the Playstation 4 yesterday.  

What other ideas or concepts  are you working on to further connect the forums to the console player base?

Will consoles also a means to log out of the game? (right now the only option on the PS4 is to just close the application, that doesn't feel safe)

As a player of over 2 years, with around 2,000 hours of play time, I have never killed Tyl Regor. I actually bought Ash with plat to avoid doing so.

The reason why is simple: Tyl Regor has been, so far, unethical to kill. He's a nerdy guy that doesn't even know that swords can't make bullet holes, tells jokes and gives history lessons as if he's oblivious to what "tenno assassins are here to kill you" actually means, and he can't even figure out which end is up on his helmet. So, we know he's heavily out of his element.

This part, at least, seems like it's getting changed up.

However, even worse, everything currently wrong with the grineer empire--their extreme over-aggression, their willingness to obey orders mindlessly, their fear and hatred of everything--are extremely common symptoms of genetic disorders. We know that grineer used to be loyal, happy servants of the orokin, and that there's DNA degradation with their cloning process, and it's having the exact results we'd expect. So, Tyl Regor's goal of fixing what's wrong with the grineer DNA would turn them back into normal people.

As is known from real-world history, normal people don't put up with stuff like the grineer empire. Every despot and dictator has been upended in short order when people of regular thinking capabilities get fed up with them. If the grineer clones had normal, non-damaged DNA, they would swiftly overturn the whole system--much faster than most despots in history, given how quickly their generations are produced, and much more readily as the clones don't have to worry about protecting families, legacies, or personal property.

In short, if Tyl succeeds at fixing the grineer DNA structure, the grineer empire is OVER. We win. So we should be HELPING him with his goals, not ending his life. He'll save the galaxy if he can just get his job done. Why in the worlds would we be trying to stop him?

This has bothered me from the first day I met Tyl, and I'm still upset that this has not been addressed--there are many evil psuedo scientists and eugenicists from history to base a malevolent biologist on. Instead of stopping some vile demon that harms all humanity, we're beating up the nerdy kid who just wants to save all creation. That makes the tenno "evil", as the only plausible goal would be causing endless war and suffering for us to profiteer off of.

So, will Tyl be made *actually* evil? The animations you showed look scary, but if he's still the (slightly-better-armed) nerdy kid trying to save the worlds, it's still very wrong of us to be killing him. What lore we've gotten regarding him so far hasn't changed anything.

PLEASE tell us that there will be a definitive, actual, evilness to Tyl, and not just some "well, the Lotus wants him dead, so you really should" bs? Can you do that? Can you give him actual, evil goals, make there be some actual, horrible elements to his research, have him truly be a beast worthy of our blades?

History and literature is FLOODED with nefarious suggestions, and given some of the rather unique and interesting enemies we have in warframe so far, it seems like you could greatly improve the plot of Tyl, so that he is despicable beyond all hope, and worthy of being slain.

Until then, he still lives at the node I refuse to visit as the one guy I desperately want to help, and can't understand why the Lotus is trying to off him instead of trying to recruit him to give him all the resources he'd need to finally put a stop to the twin kween's madness.

We've heard about J3, and we've heard about Tyl, and we've met the new Nef. What other bosses are on the horizon for this year?

Also, how long before we can expect to battle the New Nef? Is Derf still in the works?

Will we ever get Nef Anyo beards? We very much want them, it would be acceptable if that's the only thing he drops.

1. Kubrow cool downs. Has it been discussed as a possibility to remove these so we can pair the right breed for different mission types like we can with sentinels?

2. How are the void changes coming?

3. Forma and Void Fatigue. It has been my observation that for most of my friends and myself, void fatigue has had less to do with maps and more to do with the repeated forma drops, especially getting forma bp on rotation c over and over again. For me, void fatigue will not change by playing on planets instead of the void maps if we continue to have such a high drop rate of forma on rotation c. Is there anything in the works to address this? 

4. Can we get a detailed explanation of the afk system? Currently it can be hard to know if some of it's quirks are intended or bugs that should be reported. 

Nef and the angry ATMs from hell are most definitely the most-corpus-themed monster/boss combo possible. Excellent job! Will we be seeing other surprises from his profit schemes? How much story can we look forward to with him--is he in for the long haul, or will this end soon(seeing as we're about to reduce his funds to 0)?

Will bosses that got reworks but no real storylines (lech kril, ruk) ever get them, or are they to be forgotten?