Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Miss 3 Catalysts In 6 Hours (Edited Feedback)

Gekker

I know some people might take this as QQ, but is RNG so bad that as soon as I get home, all the potato and Bp alerts stop and e 2k cred alerts start? Cause 2k creds are the only things I see now.

Sorry, that's my doing.  I get home at 5 EST.

I don't understand why people are complaining about the alert system, I thought it's fine the way it is.

Thats why I wrote an feedback part in my first post. Read it and comment afterwards if you still do not understand what this is all about :)

I really do hope they change the nature of this whole Alert system.

It's funny because instead of making me want to play the game more often to catch these Alerts, I instead gave up completely. I can't focus all of my attention on this game.

Let it be known, DE, that I have lost interest in this game completely. As I have stated in previous posts, hopefully update 8 gives me a reason to come back. Be that it may, I feel it will only keep me busy a few days, unfortunately.

But in all seriousness, please review all the stated suggestions. There are many bright minds out there with fantastic ideas.

You lost all interest in this game because some of your weapons dont have Catalyst and you dont want to wait for them?

You lost all interest in this game because some of your weapons dont have Catalyst and you dont want to wait for them?

To be fair, Frames and weapons built in the Foundry are only half as good as potato'd items.  That isn't to say that you can't have fun with them, but they aren't anywhere near as strong.  When I potato'd my first Frame and weapons, I was blown away by how much of a difference another 30 mod points makes.

Potatoing things tends to take a lot of the challenge out of the game, IMO.

more misuse of the word "challenge" in video games! seriously stop asking for challenge when you should be asking for depth...

and anyways what does that have to do with the topic in the first place?

I think part of the disappointment comes from the way alerts are perceived.

Some people see alerts as a bonus to the core game, and aren't disappointed that they miss an alert.

Some people see alerts as integral to progressing, so are more dissappointed when an alert is missed.

Some people see alaerts as totally random, and just wait for a "better roll". RNG can be harsh at times, and great at others.

Some people see it as just a game, and just take the missed alerts as something that happens.

Personally, I see it as a bit of each of these. yes, I have had some luck and got some of the alerts, but I have also missed others due to work, sleep and other commitments. I have missed some do to not having access to a system, or just plain bad luck with the enemies I faced that I just couldn't crack through. I just take it all part of the experience.

One thing to remember though is that DE are giving away "plat only" items for free. Platinum is how they make their money, so giving these away is a huge thing - imagine how many thousand (or million) potatoes and other "plat only" items they have given away.

So what solutions do I see? Well, I don't know. Of the ideas in the OP the first 4 note that they only make it a bit better. Number 5 is pretty good, but negates the alerts really. Number 6 is pretty good, but instead of another resource why not give out plat?

Maybe potatoes should be removed from the alerts completely, and have them only as a special occasion thing (like the 12hr alerts after livestreams). Just have the alerts handing out credits, artifacts, blueprints and possibly add in resources. I know it would be a less popular option, but it is a option.

Warning: Incomming rant.

How full of themselves are DE?

Not only are they, with this system, proclaiming "No, you can't do whatever you want in your free time. If you want to progress in Warframe, you have to keep the twitter page/APP open at all times. Should an alert come up, terminate whatever you're doing and play our game."

But also: "Keep in mind that due to the RNG it's entirely possible quite a big number of these alerts will occur while you're sleeping or on your job. So both of those aren't advised either."

To be fair, Frames and weapons built in the Foundry are only half as good as potato'd items.  That isn't to say that you can't have fun with them, but they aren't anywhere near as strong.  When I potato'd my first Frame and weapons, I was blown away by how much of a difference another 30 mod points makes.

Like you said, they are really needed.

I'm leveling a Volt with a new Furis, Snipetron, Plasma Sword and it wasn't until i was in my mid twenties that i got a catalyst for the snipertron and a few levels earlier than that i got a reactor. The other two weapons dont have anything and they can still do their job.

The current system it is now is way easier when it comes to things that are not super charged.

Founders should honestly be barred from commenting in these types of threads since all they have to say is "lol n00bs ur mom is too poor 2 buy u a founders package lol"

But I'm a founder and I'm sad about missing them :c

There's way too many things to get lol. I don't even have max slots and I'm out of my founder plat.

You know, this has to be said. This thread is proof-positive that it is clearly impossible to please people. Either they want too much or they want too little. I really don't understand other people sometimes.

If you are at work, you are making money. Just buy a damned catalyst, they're not that expensive.

Edited by Kahruvel

You know, this has to be said. This thread is proof-positive that it is clearly impossible to please people. Either they want too much or they want too little. I really don't understand other people sometimes.

If you are at work, you are making money. Just buy a damned catalyst, they're not that expensive.

This man speaks the truth.

Because going to university makes a lot of money.

And because everyone who works makes enough money to continuosly spend it on a game, instead of a one time purchase.

You're very ignorant.

[sarcasm]because as we all know, throwing money at the problem is much better than actually fixing the problem.[/sarcasm]

Because going to university makes a lot of money.

And because everyone who works makes enough money to continuosly spend it on a game, instead of a one time purchase.

You're very ignorant.

Well the potatoes are really cheap and 5 dollars evey 2 months arent going to hurt you wallet dont you ?

[sarcasm]because as we all know, throwing money at the problem is much better than actually fixing the problem.[/sarcasm]

The real problem is you being all sore about missing the freebies, honestly catalyst and reactors are 20 plat each! If that's not generous enough for you, you're either a jobless bum or a real cheapskate.

Warning: Incomming rant.

How full of themselves are DE?

Not only are they, with this system, proclaiming "No, you can't do whatever you want in your free time. If you want to progress in Warframe, you have to keep the twitter page/APP open at all times. Should an alert come up, terminate whatever you're doing and play our game."

But also: "Keep in mind that due to the RNG it's entirely possible quite a big number of these alerts will occur while you're sleeping or on your job. So both of those aren't advised either."

Wait what? You are kidding right? You MUST be :o

Just in case you are not joking: you are sad that DE are GIVING AWAY plat-only stuff for free? Yes it depends on luck but ITS FREE DAMMIT...

If I was DE I'd instantly remove the alert system as a whole and keep the exclusive plat-only items to plat buyers after reading that post.

Wait what? You are kidding right? You MUST be :o

Just in case you are not joking: you are sad that DE are GIVING AWAY plat-only stuff for free? Yes it depends on luck but ITS FREE DAMMIT...

If I was DE I'd instantly remove the alert system as a whole and keep the exclusive plat-only items to plat buyers after reading that post

Not true. Potatoes aren't plat only, due to alerts. I'd be happier if they were plat only. This "generosity" of giving away platinum items for free, only at random times so you won't get them most the time is something I can live without.