Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Miss 3 Catalysts In 6 Hours (Edited Feedback)

Gekker

Don't worry, chances are we'll see another instance like this when most of the people here (myself included) will have the opportunity to get them and those who got these won't.

It can be a bummer, but not the end of the world.

inb4 "founder u don't need them" I have numerous friends on similar schedules as myself and prefer to not have to spend plat on this sort of stuff.

My brother woke me up at 3:00 AM for the first potato. I was so sleepy I what when I fired my Gorgon, expecting to shoot a Strun, the recoil knocked my aim across the room. For some reason I didn't think to let go of Mouse 1. The experience made me appreciate those warnings on heavy machinery that caution not to operate them while deprived of sleep.

I'm sincerely impressed with my performance, considering we succeeded and I hardly remember anything besides that first crazy moment.

Edited by Lumireaver

Which app are you using? I prefer the app I made over DE's war frame nexus app.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns1fz2rosxgq6g7/WarframeAlert.apk

Discussion forum: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/12982-update-twitter-warframe-alerts-app-by-kingtaro/

Yes, my app is the advanced version of KingTaro's app.

I'd take a look if it pulled the alerts from the twitter stream; relying on manual submission of alerts seems rather.... unreliable.

From a trust perspective it'd be nice if it were open source too.

I'd take a look if it pulled the alerts from the twitter stream; relying on manual submission of alerts seems rather.... unreliable.

From a trust perspective it'd be nice if it were open source too.

It does rely on the twitter feed. The advanced feature has more options then KingTaro's original Adobe Air based app.

I am waiting for last minute bug/feature requests before posting the final source code.. I have already posted the code for an older version on the discussion forum. I am planing on porting it to windows 8 PC/ phone system when I get the chance.

Edited by DaveClandestine

Not all of us play this game 24/7 :S

Some of us have school and jobs; hell, some of us even sleep!

Well I do have school and a job. I didn't say I got all the potato alerts either. My point is: MORE POTATOES IN THE GAME, WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT IMPROVED POTATO RATE IN THE ALERTS?

Well, You missed the potato alert? so what? Another one will appear later on. Missed 10 potato alerts? so what? MOVE ON!

the RNG will not go and ask every player when would they like a potato alert. It just happens ON RANDOM. You are sad you missed it? I understand. But don't go *@##$ing about it and blaming DE for something they clearly stated that they have nothing to do with.

Entrance examination to university of psychology :D

When I saw those potatoes and how many did I miss after waiting for so long time to actually get many of them and then it had to be the same days? I was like for * sake but this was far more important obviously.

If you play long enough you will have all the potatoes you will ever need. If you got tons of em now there will be never a reason to keep watching for the alerts. If you happen to farm like 6 reactors and 6 catalysts in a week your set. There flies the fun and progression out of the window, because you will most likley will never have an unpotatoed Gun or Frame for all time the time you will be playing this game. This and the fact that you can do all missions without potatoes and you really only need one reactor and one catalyst to have a "god mode setup" you can switch to, when you should need it, makes me pretty relaxed when it comes to missing these alerts.

Yeah its pretty hard to see 20 min left on a potatoe timer when youre sitting in a bus on the way home from work and realize you will arive in 21 Minutes!..... but there will be another one. The stream every two weeks is a good way to plan for potatoe rewards. So everyone should be able to get at least a few to work with if you dont want to spend your starting plat on them. 

Last week i got my reactor number 2 and 3 and realized i only have 3 warframe slots ATM. So i cannot even use them all if i want one slot to level new frames and sell them afterwards to get my mastery up. 

But im also glad to see that this game isnt so harsh with the "pay only" items. When i realized you can get these only through cash and "Random events" i thought ... yeah.. we all know the deal. pay 5 bucks or hitting the jackpot in the rng lottery wich might take a year. 2 Weeks later i had 2 catalysts and one reactor and that seemed more than fair in comparison to other free to play models out there. 

Now can I go into the speech about how alerts need changing again?

Current alert system creates opportunities for disappointment purely because you were living your life and not waiting for alerts 24/7. Random "gift" systems don't have to create the feeling that if only you'd been a little earlier, you would've gotten it. The current system does, and this likely puts more people off of buying potatoes than it attracts.

Well I do have school and a job. I didn't say I got all the potato alerts either. My point is: MORE POTATOES IN THE GAME, WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT IMPROVED POTATO RATE IN THE ALERTS?

Well, You missed the potato alert? so what? Another one will appear later on. Missed 10 potato alerts? so what? MOVE ON!

the RNG will not go and ask every player when would they like a potato alert. It just happens ON RANDOM. You are sad you missed it? I understand. But don't go *@##$ing about it and blaming DE for something they clearly stated that they have nothing to do with.

I am more concerned about what you are so furious about. I see what you are saying but there are other ways to express your feelings towards this topic.

I hope the following will help everyone to understand what exactely is going on with these QQ threads:

Missing chances of getting free stuff is always a little disappointing. Not too disappointing though. Just in a way a game that is fun can make someone feel dissapointed :)

The thing so many players are complaining about is: why does it have to be this way?

The current implementation of the reward system promotes these kinds of feelings. No other free to play game distributes game content to players that are otherwise only available through real currency like this. No good ones I would say.

Why are we struggeling so much with exclusive content?

I see why exclusive content needs to be rare. At least it should be which is not the case tbh because we got 3 Catalysts today. But the way the game "fakes" rarity only promotes feelings and emotioins that should not be a part of a game outside of storytelling.

The alert reward system needs a general overhowl in order to stop making player feel bad about missing a chance, I do not want to spend the rest of my warframe life cheking my alert app or twitter every 15-30 minutes so I can keep up with everyone else or lets say, in order to have the best warframe experience possible. Who actually enjoy this obsession? People are waking up at 3am in order to get these rare items!!! Thats how attached people can get to a game they like.

Just so these "just buy platin herp derp" posts may stop. I bought a decent amount of platin already and I will do it again if this alert reward obsession is getting nerfed. The alert reward system just makes me and a lot of other players sick and thats why there are so many complaints after every special reward drop.

I do not want to spend all my platin on stuff that I missed. I spend platin on stuff that unlocks stuff like custom appearance and some stuff that help me to progress faster. But nevertheless, this is personal preferences. Platin should not be part of this topic!

Edited by Gekker

What there were 3 catalysts? Damn me for deciding to fix my car and making rib eye steak after the second alert.

Making rib eye steak seems like a better thing to do :P You missed nothing, we all missed the rib eye steak.

there goes the QQ threads about the alerts....

+1

Just because you got master package and lot of plat, doesnt mean everybody else got it ... Remember that !

For F2P players, missing a catalyst is really a BIG DEAL !

No, it`s just a game. Who cares if somebody miss a reward sometimes. If anybody really want a Catalyst and can't wait, he should pay for it.

Edited by Tigerchen