Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odd Static Noise In Orokin Jungle

KyleDelta

After the release of update 16.4 I went to earth to find the new kubrow mod and noticed a weird static noise around the areas where tiles connect, I would describe it as a cricket noise played over itself 100x, After a few minutes it goes back to normal and pops up somewhere else.

So far its happened through 2 missions on the nighttime earth tileset, havn't been able to check the daytime one yet,

Anybody else getting this?

After the release of update 16.4 I went to earth to find the new kubrow mod and noticed a weird static noise around the areas where tiles connect, I would describe it as a cricket noise played over itself 100x, After a few minutes it goes back to normal and pops up somewhere else.

So far its happened through 2 missions on the nighttime earth tileset, havn't been able to check the daytime one yet,

Anybody else getting this?

I noticed this too. Aswell as getting a drop in fps from 140 to 20 for a few seconds several times.

Same here, farming E-Prime for mods and eggs, high pitch static is present on random parts of that node every single playthrough since the last patch was introduced. It's getting louder once you come close to what would be a certain ambient sound spawn node or something similar. 

Edited by F-Minus

Heard it on Earth - Lith (night). Comes and goes and in different places.

I think it might be a goobered up cricket audio sound or something.  While it is a obnoxious noise, it does kinda sound like it should be a cricket noise. Usua;;y in corners  and grass patches at night. 

This does seem likely. They seem restless and demand blood.

Edited by McSkops

just in case this hasnt been said when update 16.4 popped up i went to a relay for the nef anyo reveal and as i was going back and forth as i usually do i heard strange static feedback which appeared to only occur near the trees in the central space, in fact the only reason i decided to search about it was because i decided to do a run on earth a few mins ago and lo and behold i hear the sound, just to add more fuel to the fire.

The next hotfix will hopefully fix this issue.  Thanks for all the reports.

I've also experienced this issue with a tree in the relays. The one near Teshin's(Conclave) and the solar map room. It happened for a bit, but disappeared later. It was still weird.

Today's hotfix made the bug much louder on my end.. Y'know what it sounds really similar to imo? The CMOSdead virus's payload.

Edit: It was nighttime when I played Earth immediately post-patch; now that it's day, I haven't heard the glitch noise at all.

Youtube demonstration:

Edited by Variablemania

This happens to me in other planets too. Sometimes at the end of the loading screen the static will come up. It's almost like a high-pitched static crackling sound. It seems almost like it is associated with water from pipes or in pools. 

• 4 months later...