The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U16.4 - Are You Serious With This Conclave Changes?

Feyangol

Heyho,

I'm just asking, are you goddmn serious with this changes?

1. Bo Series

You nerfed it to the hell. Like seriously - it is a only mobility tool now. Why don't you nerf the stance clashing forest and the bo series a little bit (like -10 dmg or something like that?). You can't block with this weapon, it doesn't deal any dmg. It needed a nerf, but THIS?

8qwzqcft.jpg

2. Lex

Eh, really? That weapon has a 1.1 attack speed, it had the worst dps of all secondaries, it required massive aim. I wouldn't care if you nerfed it a little bit (again -10 dmg than it could only oneshot the squishy frames on a headshot), but this? It has nothing now, you won't see any Lex user again, because Lex p is the same thing like the lex now only with 2x more firerate.

x2conoof.jpg

3. Sybaris

I'm just loling around even more, if I see my favourite weapon. It is garbage tier. It has nearly the same dps like the Lex, but (!!!) it does 3 times less dmg in one shot than the lex does. WOW, just wow. Your burst fire weapons are garbage, the Sicarus is the worst secondary even after your "buff" and the Sybaris is by far the worst Primary. WOW

yyto9aea.jpg

(Btw. This is the Sybaris with 7 mods)

4. Material Magnetism changes

Wow and melee stays op. The changes are irrelavant - I say it like this. 

5. Kogake and Gram still op

They did not change the multihit attacks, this two weapons will be the new top tier weapons. Ty, I hate both...

And this is just the beginning.

Ty, ty for this "magnificent" update.

Edited by Feyangol

good-good.jpg?1311374683

Well.. i hope that next will be kogake and gram

You don't understand.

It is not a good idea to nerf everything - new weapons will become op, you'll see new rage threads (I'm sure that they'll complain about my latron in 1 or 2 days) and you'll get new nerfs. They will nerf everything to the hell and I don't want that. 

Edited by Feyangol

We have to consider too its coming elemental damage mods, and the TTK its going to be reduced.

People will never going to complain if things are balanced, have u see someone complaining about Latron and Braton and asking for nerf?

Edited by Grimlock-

We have to consider too its coming elemental damage mods, and the TTK its going to be reduced.

People will never going to complain if things are balanced, have u see someone complaining about Latron and Braton and asking for nerf?

Do you really think that elemental damage mods will do more than convert dmg from physical dmg to elemental dmg? Everything else would destroy their current "balance".

And people will complain about Latron and Braton now, because everything else is nerfed. The Latron is now the only strong weapon which is untouched since its release. It should be the best ranged weapon for people with good aim and macros. I'm pretty sure that it'll be the next thing, they'll nerf.

Edited by Feyangol

LOLOLOLOL that Lex Nerf was too much... Now there is absolutely no reason to use it anymore, you are better off using a Lex Prime instead, +50% firerate for -10% dmg. That damage made the Lex obsolete, you will never see anyone using a Lex again in the Conclaves. About the Bo and Dex Dakra Nerf, i am pleased, now they only have to nerf Gram and Kogake.

Edited by RexSol

Gram seems like a tough one to balance. Mostly because the slower swing speeds on it mean that the difference between killing someone in 2 hits and killing someone in 3 leaves a pretty much suicidal amount of time if your opponent is fighting back. Which of course also makes one wonder how they'll handle differences between other even heavier weapons. The additional stamina costs for blocking with the weapon was definitely greatly needed, and the martial magnetism change will hopefully make things a little less cheesy as will the removal of melee head shots. 

To be fair, the Bo series was meant to be a mobility weapon in the first place I think (DE said something about having dmg, mobility, and CC(?) melee weapon groups). A weapon that can make a capture in seconds + almost insta-kill is just not right. Though, the nerf on the Lex was probably a tad much, since Lex P is the better weapon now.

The Lex nerf is insane. Like RexSol said, there's no point in using the damned thing.

A better alternative would've been to increase the headshot multiplier while decreasing the base damage, just so people have to shoot 2-3 times (like with the lex prime) to kill with a body shot and maintain that huge headshot damge at the cost of a low firerate...

I'm really sad about the Lex... It was one of the only real skill based weapons in PvP...

EDIT: If anything, I'm grateful that melee has been toned down a bit.

Edited by Sil3nc3r

Lex did kinda steal the spot of any potential sniper rifle and it should not have outdamaged bows. But it already had one of the lowest dps in the game and now it's just ridiculous... I guess it's just hard to balance it due to it's dreadful fire rate.

Ps. Can it still two shot excaliburs? Given that damage type bonuses still exist.

Lex did kinda steal the spot of any potential sniper rifle and it should not have outdamaged bows. But it already had one of the lowest dps in the game and now it's just ridiculous... I guess it's just hard to balance it due to it's dreadful fire rate.

Ps. Can it still two shot excaliburs? Given that damage type bonuses still exist.

Lex was the sniper rifle.

Bows have the unique advantage of punch through as well diversification through spamming uncharged shots with the downsides of charging + projectile travel. They cannot be compared apples to apples to Lex or a sniper rifle.

Lex was the sniper rifle.

Bows have the unique advantage of punch through as well diversification through spamming uncharged shots with the downsides of charging + projectile travel. They cannot be compared apples to apples to Lex or a sniper rifle.

I wouldn't mind if Lanka had same damage stats as old Lex. Or even Vectis. Those guns have more fair rate of fire and scope is a downside in some situations. Lex however had neither of those disadvantages. Its fire rate, while slow, was still fast enough to be workable in close quarters.

Lex and Paris had similar role and philosophy of sacrificing fire rate for more damage. They were only weapons capable of one shot kill. Lex was a sniper rifle, so it's fair to compare them.

Lex just had too many advantages over bows: no projectile travel, instant first shot, faster rate of fire (uncharged arrows have horrible accuracy), no ammo problems, can be shot while wallrunning, can be used while carrying cephalon. Lex would win in nearly any situation. Punch through is too gimmicky to outweigh all those advantages. It's fun to punish a chump camping behind corners, or get occasional lucky double kill, but in most situations punch through is useless.

Bows could only win at almost point blank range, but only with Primed Fast Hands and only against certain frames (uncharged arrows can't take down Volt in two shots, while old Lex killed any frame in two hits).

Edited by oinkah

I wouldn't mind if Lanka had same damage stats as old Lex. Or even Vectis. Those guns have more fair rate of fire and scope is a downside in some situations. Lex however had neither of those disadvantages. Its fire rate, while slow, was still fast enough to be workable in close quarters.

Lex and Paris had similar role and philosophy of sacrificing fire rate for more damage. They were only weapons capable of one shot kill. Lex was a sniper rifle, so it's fair to compare them.

Lex just had too many advantages over bows: no projectile travel, instant first shot, faster rate of fire (uncharged arrows have horrible accuracy), no ammo problems, can be shot while wallrunning, can be used while carrying cephalon. Lex would win in nearly any situation. Punch through is too gimmicky to outweigh all those advantages. It's fun to punish a chump camping behind corners, or get occasional lucky double kill, but in most situations punch through is useless.

Bows could only win at almost point blank range, but only with Primed Fast Hands and only against certain frames (uncharged arrows can't take down Volt in two shots, while old Lex killed any frame in two hits).

I'd agree that bows in conclave have too many disadvantages to be consider usable in the current meta.

Two things I would like to point out:

1. Bows are the only weapon capable of shooting through an enemy volt shield.

2. Bows are silent, which means shooting them DOESN'T make you appear on an enemy's radar. Useless right now due to lack of mods, but may become very useful as more pvp mods are allowed/released.

Regarding Lex vs other snipers:

Gun: ROF

Lex: 1.1

Snipetron: 1.5

Snipetron Vandal: 1.5

Vulkar: 1.5

Vectis reload: 0.9 (can be reduced with mods/improved with preemptive reload)

The Lex is actually slower than all other sniper rifles aside from the Lanka, which is really a bow with a magazine and no projectile drop.

If the other snipers were actually in the game, Lex would not have the perceived issues of being too usable in close quarters for a 'sniper rifle' because all other sniper rifles are actually faster (again, ignore Lanka + bows).

If people were complaining so much about Lex at 140 damage, I worry about the complaining that will occur when real sniper rifles get added to pvp.

Edited by Pythadragon