Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Feedback?

VKhaun

Please give me your impressions about how it's performing on it's first day out.

I know that it could be tweaked at any moment but I think it gives some insight into where the devs expect it should be or what they were going for when you look at how a weapon is initially released.

CTF has never been my thing so I haven't played much and probably couldn't judge it for myself -even if I wasn't at work- but I'm hyped thinking about eventually being able to play TDM with Tigris. It's always been one of my favorite weapons since it came out but all these horde modes, OP assault rifles and fast enemies don't really leave much room for a boomstick in PvE.

Just gave it a try after seeing this thread. It probably doesn't help that I'm not a fan of shotguns (except pump action,) but I didn't really do too great with it. It's certainly usable, but the ammo consumption and low clip hurt it. It only has a reserve of 6 shells, so you will need to pick up the ammo lying around if you want to use it for more than a kill or two. I had some trouble getting kills with the 4 shells loaded using Ammo Stock and Burdened Magazine, and the reload was slow enough with Tactical Pump that kogake knockdown can prevent you from reloading, but that could just be because I'm bad at close quarters. Biggest drawback is that anyone who's maining melee and knows where the block key is on their keyboard will likely destroy you with no issues.

Edit: It'd probably be pretty good paired with Excalibur, and I feel like it'd be much better overall if it had a rapid RoF instead of the burst feature for PvP.

Edited by TheDrunkenKanaima

Just gave it a try after seeing this thread. It probably doesn't help that I'm not a fan of shotguns (except pump action,) but I didn't really do too great with it. It's certainly usable, but the ammo consumption and low clip hurt it. It only has a reserve of 6 shells, so you will need to pick up the ammo lying around if you want to use it for more than a kill or two. I had some trouble getting kills with the 4 shells loaded using Ammo Stock and Burdened Magazine, and the reload was slow enough with Tactical Pump that kogake knockdown can prevent you from reloading, but that could just be because I'm bad at close quarters. Biggest drawback is that anyone who's maining melee and knows where the block key is on their keyboard will likely destroy you with no issues.

Edit: It'd probably be pretty good paired with Excalibur, and I feel like it'd be much better overall if it had a rapid RoF instead of the burst feature for PvP.

I suspect that Tigris needs to be paired with a pistol, with both weapons using faster holstering + auto reload mods for when you need more than 4 shots.

Without those mods, Tigris feels pretty good and is effective with good shot placement. It's definitely a skill weapon, not a spray and pray gun.

Problems + wishlist:

1. It could really benefit from Tainted Shell being available in pvp (DE please?)... falloff + spread do hurt it at range.

2. It should really have more reserve ammo available at spawn (up to 24 from 12?). I find myself running out of ammo fairly often and some maps don't have enough ammo spawns lying around.

3. It, like the Vectis, really should get a second look at the reload animation. You can improve reload time by pressing the reload key BEFORE the game automatically reloads for you. This is not skill, this is repetitive motion that can be a trained automatic response (or macro'd) that is always beneficial. There is literally no reason not to do this if you can. This is silly and reload time should just be shortened without the flawed animation.

PS. Only rank burdened magazine to +20% to get 4 shots and save yourself some reload time.

Edited by Pythadragon

It's pretty boss if you treat it like a burst weapon, but instead of a burst delay, you have the reload time. 

I find the extra mag capacity mod to be a complete hindrance. Not recommended since that extra shot, with the way that I use Tigris, just slows the weapon down. But in most cases, a player would need to eat 3 shots before they go down. Maybe if +100% mag capacity was possible.

The ammo reserve can be a problem, but I could always grab ammo first before running out.

Using mobility tricks to get close is quite good and satisfying, stuff like somersaults or slides to get right in their face.

The fact that I can kill with one burst if I land all my shots is nice, but high armor warframes are still a problem, especially Rhinos with Iron Skin, they can just tank the shots and spam their melee weapon. I feel like the Tigris should be a shotgun that is like designed to hunt tough games, to bring down big targets down with overwhelming damage. The downside would, of course, be the frequent reload and requires above average aim for shotguns, the grouping is pretty tight on the TIgris. Usually in other games, the double barrel is a gun that can kill an enemy 3 times over, a massive damage cannon that's hindered by the frequent and often relatively long reload, for a weapon that only has 2 shells.

So yeah, I wouldn't mind a decent damage buff at the cost of longer reload.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

It's pretty boss if you treat it like a burst weapon, but instead of a burst delay, you have the reload time. 

I find the extra mag capacity mod to be a complete hindrance. Not recommended since that extra shot, with the way that I use Tigris, just slows the weapon down. But in most cases, a player would need to eat 3 shots before they go down. Maybe if +100% mag capacity was possible.

ammo stock + burdened magazine at 20% = +80% 

2*1.8 = 3.6, which rounds up to 4 shots.

Edited by Pythadragon

Pretty much a guaranteed KO if you tag a target twice with both shots.  Fairly accurate.  Damage fall off is apparent.  Great with use of ammo stock and burdened mag and Tactical Pump.

Personally, I think this may become my new main for PvP.  That is, until the Hek, Drakgoon or other shotguns may get implemented.

The idea of using this with four shells is really turning me away. I always have it in mind as a boomstick and leave it two shells in PvE. I never really thought about how they restrict the mods. I guess mag size is all there is right now? More waiting I guess. Have to see how they do elements. See if there's any way to stack it for damage instead of just adding mag size.

It can't oneshot. I mean, after the first 2 shots and meanwhile reloading you're already dead.

Tigris = Useless atm

It can two shot pretty reliably (and very quickly) if you can land your shots.  Ammo mods are a must if you don't want to get caught with your pants down though.  It's pretty damn good imo.

Edited by Aggh

It can two shot pretty reliably (and very quickly) if you can land your shots.  Ammo mods are a must if you don't want to get caught with your pants down though.  It's pretty damn good imo.

^this

4 pellets with 34 damage per pellet = 136 max damage with all 4.  Both shots is a guaranteed KO for Excal and Nyx, and if you don't hit with every pellet, they'll be hurting enough to just finish with melee.  You'll have to be close enough, anyway.  With damage falloff, the weapon feels very balanced for what it does, especially when compared to the Strun.

I've used it for a while now only with Tactical Pump. It can be absolutely brutal at close range, but only if you manage to hit your opponents with the full burst (not against tankier frames, though). In that way, it's a lot like the previous iteration of the Lex, but certainly a lot more niche (i.e. not overbearingly strong).

It's certainly usable, but the ammo consumption and low clip hurt it. It only has a reserve of 6 shells, so you will need to pick up the ammo lying around if you want to use it for more than a kill or two. ... Biggest drawback is that anyone who's maining melee and knows where the block key is on their keyboard will likely destroy you with no issues.

Fully agree with these 2 statements. I think base ammo pool (not the clip) should be doubled. There probably isn't much that can be done about blocking, though.

... With damage falloff, the weapon feels very balanced for what it does, especially when compared to the Strun.

I'm not sure about the damage falloff. How much does it really have? It's certainly less than the Boar Prime but the pellet spread makes it unusable past close-mid-range, anyway.

Also, there's the reload trick, same as with the Vectis. Please fix that and it's in a good spot I guess.

Edit: typo

Edited by Kontrollo

I'm not sure about the damage falloff. How much does it really have? It's certainly less than the Boar Prime but the pellet spread makes it unusable past close-mid-range, anyway.

The damage falloff is pretty evident when trying to hit a target beyond 25m.  You will probably hit a player with at least one pellet, and it won't deal nearly as much as the listed damage.

Strun W still the CQB king :P

who use this reload reload reloading gun if S.w still 2 hit everythinh

Oh, I dunno, maybe everyone who never got it, like the people who started playing the game AFTER it became unobtainable.

Oh, I dunno, maybe everyone who never got it, like the people who started playing the game AFTER it became unobtainable.

The MK1 is a decent alternative.

can u post the exact stats of it pls

Name            Damage    DPS    DPMag    Acc     RoF    Mag    Reload    Trigger    Falloff    MasteryStrun           12×12     360     864     4.0     2.5     6      3.0     Semi-Auto     Yes         1MK1-Strun       18×10     378    1080     4.0     2.1     6      3.0     Semi-Auto     Yes         0Strun Wraith    15×10     375    1200     6.7     2.5     8      1.5     Semi-Auto     Yes         -