Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gaben Has Betrayed Us

YouHaveShamedYoFamory

On one hand, it sounds great, giving the people who work so hard to create content a bit of return on their efforts, and it sounds fine for Valve/Bethesda to take a cut, given that it is their game and distribution platform.

On the other hand, 75% is a pretty big cut to take, given that no real additional work has been done there, on the part of either Valve or Bethesda, it has all been the mod maker.

Additionally you have the scumbags who can put out a lump of crap, with a couple of nice screenshots and stick a $5 price tag on it.

I have nothing against a monetization system for creators to get something out of their efforts, but in all honesty, there are far better ways to do it. Keeping the content free and giving an option for people to donate to it, with the revenue being split at least 50/50 would be so much better.

Valve and Bethesda and many other game companies have both benefited quite nicely from the wonderful thing known as Modding, and the communities that it creates. Now they're going to tear all that apart for a quick buck.. If valve really cared they would've developed a donation function, and not taken most of the profits from the creators. Now just like greenlight and early access it's all going down the S#&$ter with people uploading mods they didn't create and being paid for them... Mod creators making the switch from nexus to steam and attaching a price tag to newer versions of their mods, being exiled and hated by the modding community. This is despicable, and it's something we can never just go back from.

Hmm they did a good job of keeping people blind to the truth for so long,but this, i guess this....Gabe them away

on a serious note, I have no idea what's going on, I just commented for the sake of the pun...my life revolves around petty things and i fear i'll grow up to be this

d805f7ed99d65ace95cca6edc9c98dc5.jpg