Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why U No Use Torid

(XBOX)GeediJunior

Dude it does nothing on level 30 without atleast 4 to 6 formas. I have use both soma and  torid on 3 hour runs t4. With soma i had less kills then the nekros who is whas 90 of the time desecrating. WIth the torid i had twice the amount of kills the all 3 other players combined so . Ehhhhhhhhhh maybe the torid is better then soma on long games. Oooh before u say i modded it wrong i had high dps critical chance and multiplier build and 6 formas on my soma prime so ehhhhhhh lol

does nothing on level 30? I've gone to 40 minutes with only lvl 30 in t4

But it doesn't make it less true. The article is still on the internet for all to see.

https://warframe.com/news/numbers-tenno-arsenal

Like it or not, you're not an inventive hipster going against the meta by using the Torid. You're a sheep like everyone else who plays this game at a high level, and you will wear your CP and bring specific sets of 4 frames and baa just like everyone else because it's what works.

Like I said, top kills with a Grakata in a 2-3 hour T4 survival and dont bring the same composition of 4 frames that we always see... and you'll be the hipster lord and master we've all waited for.

Heck, the Soma Prime isn't even on the list. I'm actually more of a hipster than YOU are. According to those charts, it's laughable to be considered part of the "meta".

grakata and oberon here. no problemsh

grakata and oberon here. no problemsh

Go ahead, take a screenshot. Or better yet, I wanna see a video of you doing it. It would make my god damn day. Go ahead, I'll watch every bit of the 2-3 hours of it.

Remember, CP is too meta, can't use it. Better not bring the same old group of frames everyone brings either, also too meta.

I suggest Oberon and 3 Volts if you wanna be super non-meta. That'll show me.

Edited by Lordmotav

Putting 5 forma on my Torid was a painful experience in leveling gear (back before interception existed) but it was so worth it. As soon as I had Mirage built I put it in her hands and basked in the stink of the gas clouds.

But it doesn't make it less true. The article is still on the internet for all to see.

https://warframe.com/news/numbers-tenno-arsenal

Like it or not, you're not an inventive hipster going against the meta by using the Torid. You're a sheep like everyone else who plays this game at a high level, and you will wear your CP and bring specific sets of 4 frames and baa just like everyone else because it's what works.

Like I said, top kills with a Grakata in a 2-3 hour T4 survival and dont bring the same composition of 4 frames that we always see... and you'll be the hipster lord and master we've all waited for.

Heck, the Soma Prime isn't even on the list. I'm actually more of a hipster than YOU are. According to those charts, it's laughable to be considered part of the "meta".

I don't even use the Torid lmao, I would if I still had it but I sold it way back when it was a green box.

Also, the source you posted was when Soma P was just a month old, RNG dictates that people who had Soma P's back then had either bought them in prime access or using plat in the trading channel (or sacrificed everything they ever had to RNGesus). Hardly anything to prove a point with.

What I'm getting at is you can't just ehhhhhhhhhhh a weapon because something in an entirely different class DEALS MORE DEEPS MAN, not everything IS ABOOT DEM DEEPS, GOTTA GET DEEPS, MECKS DEE-PEE-ESSSSS. No.

What's all this hipster bs anyway, lmao... your argument for rolling with everyone else without imagination is to insult the ones who do? Ay?

I don't even use the Torid lmao, I would if I still had it but I sold it way back when it was a green box.

Also, the source you posted was when Soma P was just a month old, RNG dictates that people who had Soma P's back then had either bought them in prime access or using plat in the trading channel (or sacrificed everything they ever had to RNGesus). Hardly anything to prove a point with.

What I'm getting at is you can't just ehhhhhhhhhhh a weapon because something in an entirely different class DEALS MORE DEEPS MAN, not everything IS ABOOT DEM DEEPS, GOTTA GET DEEPS, MECKS DEE-PEE-ESSSSS. No.

What's all this hipster bs anyway, lmao... your argument for rolling with everyone else without imagination is to insult the ones who do? Ay?

So your whole argument about me thinking Torid was bad was all just a sham, right. You were posting about me being super into the meta on the first page, it's right there for all to see. Let me copy paste it exactly just in case you forgot. So my initial impression was right, you're just an idiot or a troll. /moving on

•  
  • PC Member
  • 901 posts

Posted Today, 03:20 PM

Lordmotav, on 24 Apr 2015 - 3:19 PM, said:snapback.png

And if I said the I did the opposite thing the opposite way for the same results it'd be instantly true right?

No, it'd still make you a boring player who tests nothing and rolls with the meta...

no originality...

• FrostPrimeAvatarDark.png?_r=0
  • PC Member
  • 901 posts

Posted Today, 03:08 PM

Lordmotav, on 24 Apr 2015 - 3:05 PM, said:snapback.png

Because it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

My Soma Prime does the same thing, but with a giant clip and super amazing hitscan powers.

I bet you use Syn Gammacor and Dual Ichors to go with that meta.

Also call the poster above me a skellingtone.

Can anyone tell me how im supposed to mod it? im forming it the fourth time and not afraid of doing another couple of times...

how should be modded to perform the best? i mean to perform decenty all around and not only for camping

some say critical and some other pure status...again others say to go pure damage with both caliber and spitchamber (tried and its horrible for anithing that is not camping)

at this point i dont know. status is always good and critical is low on toxic ticks.  But if i go status im definitely losing a pretty high amount of raw damage.

and one last thing. firestorm yes or no?

Edited by JohnKable

Can anyone tell me how im supposed to mod it? im forming it the fourth time and not afraid of doing another couple of times...

how should be modded to perform the best? i mean to perform decenty all around and not only for camping

some say critical and some other pure status...again others say to go pure damage with both caliber and spitchamber (tried and its horrible for anithing that is not camping)

at this point i dont know. status is always good and critical is low on toxic ticks.  But if i go status im definitely losing a pretty high amount of raw damage.

and one last thing. firestorm yes or no?

I am terribad at modding but I've had some success with using Warframe Builder.

You can also find the link to it at the bottom right side of the forums main page.  It's below the DEv's response box.

-buggy... uh, mess?-

I've leveled it and used it before visual update and buff and play with a guy who uses it... He's pretty useful with it equipped.

Just because I don't currently have it doesn't mean I can't understand why it's used. I very, VERY, rarely go back to old weapons I've already leveled once before.

Like, seriously, as an exmaple: I understand why Walter White cooks meth in Breaking Bad, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and start cooking because I understand it...

Your logic is flawed and you could probably get a warning point for that post.

Although i admit it is awessome, i dont like the looks of it. I feel sexier using a proto excal + braton prime + lex prime + either dakra prime or glaive prime and as long as those weapons perform well (not OP, but good enough to pull their weight on T4s) i am satisfied =).

I've leveled it and used it before visual update and buff and play with a guy who uses it... He's pretty useful with it equipped.

Just because I don't currently have it doesn't mean I can't understand why it's used. I very, VERY, rarely go back to old weapons I've already leveled once before.

Like, seriously, as an exmaple: I understand why Walter White cooks meth in Breaking Bad, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and start cooking because I understand it...

Your logic is flawed and you could probably get a warning point for that post.

Flawed how? Your argument was that I was too meta for using Soma instead of Torid when Torid is the apparent meta according to information DE has given us in response to the OP's main question of why dont people use the Torid. (when it's obvious people do)

Then you denied it.

I copy pasted so you could see it in it's purest un-edited form.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing and it's a waste of space.

Go ahead, take a screenshot. Or better yet, I wanna see a video of you doing it. It would make my god damn day. Go ahead, I'll watch every bit of the 2-3 hours of it.

Remember, CP is too meta, can't use it. Better not bring the same old group of frames everyone brings either, also too meta.

I suggest Oberon and 3 Volts if you wanna be super non-meta. That'll show me.

well i got no clue how to make a vid. i'll have to wait for tommorrow to do the pic.

well i got no clue how to make a vid. i'll have to wait for tommorrow to do the pic.

You have no idea how to use fraps or something and upload it to youtube? What? Are you serious?

A picture really couldn't prove everyone's loadouts, frame choices, and if it what mode you were in it'd kinda have to be a video.

Remember, top kills with a Grakata in T4 survival, Oberon and 3 Volts. Gotta do it for 3 hours and dont any of you bring CP.

No, I said that your source was a little out dated...

This argument is pointless if you're not up for reading.

You denied being a hipster. That's what you denied. You insulted me for it, then tried to play it off.

Try your own advice, but really the argument is over. You're arguing to argue at this point.

Edited by Lordmotav

You have no idea how to use fraps or something and upload it to youtube? What? Are you serious?

A picture really couldn't prove everyone's loadouts, frame choices, and if it what mode you were in it'd kinda have to be a video.

Remember, top kills with a Grakata in T4 survival, Oberon and 3 Volts. Gotta do it for 3 hours and dont any of you bring CP.

You denied being a hipster. That's what you denied. You insulted me for it, then tried to play it off.

Try your own advice, but really the argument is over. You're arguing to argue at this point.

...so are you.

And not everyone knows that fraps even exists, or any of the other game play capture programs.

Edited by Noamuth

...so are you.

And not everyone knows that fraps even exists, or any of the other game play capture programs.

Not really, when I go into T4 survival I camp in the same place with the same frames and we press 4 to victory with our CP on.

My point is that arguing over what someone wears/uses as "meta" is stupid because at the end of the day VERY VERY VERY FEW loadouts work for 3 hours of T4 survival. Everyone does the same effing thing because it works. It's a stupid point to have in an argument. I use my Soma Prime because it causes lots of Corrupted murder with it's hitscan from across the map. I usually just Vortex or spam Desecrate and dont even see what's going on otherwise.

Also i started this  topic cause in my eyes and time i have played this game the amount of people using the torid is less then 5 procent.

Also i have peope who dont know that it even excist. Even on this forum torid is on of the least talked about gun in this site. So yes its not a meta or heavy used guns with that it had the most kill count. But how much is it actuaty used in battle acros all platforms.