Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Such Dmg~Plz Nerf Tonkor

SnakeCZR

Only because you're in a nerf-panic mindset.

No, It's because thats how DE has been rolling for a while. Look at the acrid, the flux rifle, the brakk (even though they didn't nerf it much, probably because of how you go about getting it), even the more recent synoid. There's always a weapon that's clearly above others, DE gives people time to throw plat at it, invest resources into it, use it for a while. Then they nerf it down and make a new overpowered weapon and the cycle repeats. It's not hard to see the tonkor being the new great weapon that gets nerfed.

No, It's because thats how DE has been rolling for a while. Look at the acrid, the flux rifle, the brakk (even though they didn't nerf it much, probably because of how you go about getting it), even the more recent synoid. There's always a weapon that's clearly above others, DE gives people time to throw plat at it, invest resources into it, use it for a while. Then they nerf it down and make a new overpowered weapon and the cycle repeats. It's not hard to see the tonkor being the new great weapon that gets nerfed.

Except the Tonkor isn't even that great, and for every good weapon that gets nerfed there are another three getting buffed or left alone. Torid, anyone?

The Tonkor actually has downsides, though. You know, the "spends 66% of combat time in a reloading animation at base" and all that.

Except the Tonkor isn't even that great, and for every good weapon that gets nerfed there are another three getting buffed or left alone. Torid, anyone?

Also, Rakta Ballistica got its damage tripled, and there were across the board buffs for heavy weapons and snipers not too long ago. DE is far more likely to boost something than to nerf it, although when they nerf something it tends to be a high profile ability or weapon.

TBH the Tonkor does seem pretty badass. I just went to 40 minutes in a T4S in a three person group and got 44% of the damage with a zero forma, rank 21 Tonkor. Vital Sense + Point Strike basically converts to x5.5 damage on roughly 9 out of every 10 shots (87.5%, to be exact). 

No, It's because thats how DE has been rolling for a while. Look at the acrid, the flux rifle, the brakk (even though they didn't nerf it much, probably because of how you go about getting it), even the more recent synoid. 

Weren't the Acrid and Flux Rifle just victims of Damage 2.0, and didn't a lot of weapons effectively receive buffs from Damage 2.0? Honest question as I wasn't around during the switch. 

I've actually done a little bit of testing since my last post, and I've come to the conclusion that the OP is full of crap.

We have much stronger weapons in this game that would be god's divine weapons if the tonkor is "op"

One of these is the amprex. It's in a similar boat, requires a bunch of forma to make it good, but once its formad its amazing.

it can do upwards of 200k dps to it's FIRST target (not counting the chain lightning). 

Your original screenshot was bs, and your next one only had a 100k dmg crit. in addition to that, it doesn't even hit 100k consistently, while the amprex does.

My advice to OP: Suck it up, the tonkor doesn't need a nerf, and if you get it nerfed with this bs I'm gonna be pissed.

Uhm, maybe because Dread shoots an arrow that hits a single target(not including unfortunate guys standing behind him or Thunderbolt, which is crap), and Tonkor blows up everything in 5m radius? Also, it has 2 shots in a clip, instead of 1.

Edited by Roxorium

Uhm, maybe because Dread shoots an arrow that hits a single target(not including unfortunate guys standing behind him or Thunderbolt, which is crap), and Tonkor blows up everything in 5m radius? Also, it has 2 shots in a clip, instead of 1.

Technically you could count Dread as having infinite ammo in a clip, because it really doesn't take long to load a new arrow.   

I don't even know why we're comparing launchers to bows or even other weapons. 

If you compare Tonkor to Ogris and Penta it has it's upsides and downsides. If you ignore the obvious self damage from the other 2 each would be balanced on their own.

1. dread is much easier to use than the tonkor

2. don't compare clip sizes to a bow when a bow has a reload time of .8 and the tonkor has a reload of 2

Technically you could count Dread as having infinite ammo in a clip, because it really doesn't take long to load a new arrow.   

I don't even know why we're comparing launchers to bows or even other weapons. 

If you compare Tonkor to Ogris and Penta it has it's upsides and downsides. If you ignore the obvious self damage from the other 2 each would be balanced on their own.

Not really, launchers are underpowered. imo all launchers should be as difficult to use as the tonkor and hit just as hard. 

Then, by following your train of thought, Ogris should be the non-crit dependable variant of explosive launcher, and it should deal like 2500 blast damage instead of 650. Am I right? Everybody by now is thinking that it would make Ogris OP. But Tonkor with 150k damage is not.

@#(* logic.

Edited by Roxorium

Then, by following your train of thought, Ogris should be the non-crit dependable variant of explosive launcher, and it should deal like 2500 blast damage instead of 650. Am I right? Everybody by now is thinking that it would make Ogris OP. But Tonkor with 150k damage is not.

@#(* logic.

Yes, because ogris you point and shoot, with tonkor you have to consider trajectory and it has to hit an enemy to explode, you can't just shoot the floor and everything dies.   

Yes, because ogris you point and shoot, with tonkor you have to consider trajectory and it has to hit an enemy to explode, you can't just shoot the floor and everything dies.   

Tonkor benefits more from Heavy Caliber by spreading out the grenades, in their respective arcs.  It doesn't necessarily kill its accuracy too much from what I've experienced.

Ogris accuracy is decimated by Heavy Caliber, so unless you're perched on some decently high platform to shoot below, the extra spread from the rockets is useless and gimps its effective range.

I'm only saying this because any weapon that's barely affected by Heavy Caliber, even with multishot, basically becomes god-tier.  Ogris at least needs buffs in max ammo and accuracy in order to be a reliable, hurtful weapon from mid-long range.

Edited by Sonitorum

Tonkor benefits more from Heavy Caliber by spreading out the grenades, in their respective arcs.  It doesn't necessarily kill its accuracy too much from what I've experienced.

Ogris accuracy is decimated by Heavy Caliber, so unless you're perched on some decently high platform to shoot below, the extra spread from the rockets is useless and gimps its effective range.

I'm only saying this because any weapon that's barely affected by Heavy Caliber, even with multishot, basically becomes god-tier.  Ogris at least needs buffs in max ammo and accuracy in order to be a reliable, hurtful weapon from mid-long range.

Ogris was always the inferior launcher, it's not Tonkor's fault it sucks. Only people that defend Ogris as being good or better than Penta are the ones that made a mistake and got it over the Penta.   

I like to compare Tonkor to Penta, because they are very similar, each has strenghts and weaknesess, Ogris is just there, tagging along like an inferior slave it always was.   

Bow to the grenade launchers or be consumed by them mortal!

People keep saying the Tonkor is difficult to use and that's why it's balanced compared to the Penta/Ogris, but personally I think the weapon that doesn't threaten to kill you at any moment is the one that's easier to use. Tonkor just requires the ability to lead targets and compensate for projectile drop. While it does punish misses more than the Penta/Ogris, at least your life can't be ended by detonating a grenade a fraction of a second too early or a stray bullet hitting the rocket right as it leaves the barrel.

The constant need for an AOE buffer also means these weapons are just horrible for anything besides defense - if you round a corner and find yourself face to face with a prodman, have fun trying to create space to kill him or dodge his attacks while nullifiers and detron crewmen are spraying you down.

Weren't the Acrid and Flux Rifle just victims of Damage 2.0, and didn't a lot of weapons effectively receive buffs from Damage 2.0? Honest question as I wasn't around during the switch. 

Neither was I, I just know that they were nerfed for one reason or another, and yes other weapons get buffed, but that does not make up for over nerfing a weapon that is either perfectly fine or just needs a few tweaks. Especially after people invest alot of resources into it. If the nerfs were like 3 days after the weapons release, i'd wouldn't be that bad, but the wasted resources is what gets me (I always have the mentality that something stronger will come out, I just don't like it when what I have gets considerably weaker.)

The penta is inferior, the ogris is inferior but DE doesnt care about balance. Here is something you should know, the tinkor is currently OP. With crit build, it makes the penta look like a joke. Tested this.

Instead of buffing the penta or ogris, DE will nerf the tonkor. Personally, if the tonka was a regular Noobtube, I would be happy.

But hey, the true enjoyment comes from people here. I like to use convenient weapons, not this.

They'll nerf this, as it is currently does too much damage,but TBH I dont care. Its bouncing "Ability" is worth a few laughs but annoying.

Oh no. The damage of a GRENADE LAUNCHER is high. Instead of buffing other grenade launchers to be high damage (how one is supposed to be) like the Tonkor is, let's turn the Tonkor into a water sprinkler too. Except the tonkor has horrid reload speed and clip size, along with ammo capacity.

Again. If you want to complain about its damage, complain about bows too. They do high damage, why not nerf those with the Tonkor?

Again. If you want to complain about its damage, complain about bows too. They do high damage, why not nerf those with the Tonkor?

As I said before, bows only hit single target and you have to lead too. They don't have such big drop off in trajectory over distance like Tonkor, but they can't one shot kill everything in 5m radius either.

Wait what, Boltor and Soma Prime are absurdly OP too, why nobody mentions nerfing it, then?! ಠ_ಠ

As I said before, bows only hit single target and you have to lead too. They don't have such big drop off in trajectory over distance like Tonkor, but they can't one shot kill everything in 5m radius either.

Wait what, Boltor and Soma Prime are absurdly OP too, why nobody mentions nerfing it, then?! ಠ_ಠ

It's called a joke. I was joking about nerfing bows for their damage because all he's complaining about is, "Grenade launcher does too much damage!"