Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Nerf To Volt's Shield

tehgreg

It was possible to place multiple shields in one place allowing you to multiply the damage several times - shooting through many shields at once would deal massive amounts of damage.

Evidence is that I just ran few missions and I noticed that it doesn't work anymore. Especially with bosses like Alad or Lephantis. Placing like 20 shields would instakill them - now it does normal damage.

Edited by tehgreg

It was possible to place multiple shields in one place allowing you to multiply the damage several times - shooting through many shields at once would deal massive amounts of damage.

Evidence is that I just ran few missions and I noticed that it doesn't work anymore. Especially with bosses like Alad or Lephantis. Placing like 20 shields would instakill them - now it does normal damage.

Isn't that a bug fix instead of a nerf?

I just tested this myself. It seems as though it's not removed entirely, but the stacking has been changed to stack multiplicativly or whatever the correct term is, so you get diminished returns. I put one shield down, dealt 14k red crit damage with the amprex. Put 4 down, dealt 19k red crit damage.

Sounds like a perfect reason to nerf it...

Stealth nerfs are never intentional. Pretty sure it was Skree who said they weren't, might've been Drew.

This is straight-up false. Just look at Excal.

EDIT:

To clarify, what I mean is that there have been plenty of stealth changes that later turned out to be intentional. Body contact wiping stealth multipliers, "stun/stagger" animations from Blind and Smokescreen disabling stealth multipliers, the new Javelin mechanics that hit with U16, etc. are examples of stealth changes that weren't stated to be intentional until later, if at all.

Edited by SortaRandom

Seriously though, have you tested this on ordinary enemies or on bosses only? Because bosses now have diminishing returns when it comes to power usage, and that would explain the issues you've been having. As a Volt user, I approve of this.

I just tested this myself. It seems as though it's not removed entirely, but the stacking has been changed to stack multiplicativly or whatever the correct term is, so you get diminished returns. I put one shield down, dealt 14k red crit damage with the amprex. Put 4 down, dealt 19k red crit damage.

I would like to add to this that I did it on lvl 65 corrupted gunners so idk how it works on bosses.

The crits have never stacked, the electric damage did, and still does i think

This. Although the diminishing returns could be a thing now. Although from what I got from the U14.4 thread, it's only for CC powers (enemies gain resistance to those).

This is straight-up false. Just look at Excal.

They are testing LoS / Awareness mechanics on him, which will be expanded to other frames as well.

Also, Radial Javelin was originally line of sight (the nostalgia...), but Javelins got stuck everywhere. So they aren't lying if they say "working as intended" (except the mechanic is wonky).

Edited by UltimateSpinDash