Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Carriers And Coptering

Nikodemos

Long story short, people carrying the enemy's cephalon needs to have their ability to copter removed, or severely hindered.

I've been trying to do PvP in Warframe lately, and despite it's flaws I like it. But in 80% of every single match I've played, there has been that one guy. Y'know, that one Rhino Prime with a Bo Prime equipped, running to the objective the moment the game starts and then coptering away practically unkillable.

The damage of the Bo Prime isn't the issue here or even Bo Prime in general, but rather Rhino Primes spamming their Iron Skin and coptering in circles around the map. They have a large health pool, they're immune to knockdown and if you slow down to actually shoot or melee them, you can only land a few shots at best before they can copter out of reach already. It isn't fun, it isn't challenging nor is there really any way to counter it. This seriously needs some attention.

If cephalon carriers had additional debuffs - say coptering and/or abilities disabled, that would go a long way in making the game mode less annoying and make countering them a lot easier.

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

Coptering will take a hit in Parkour 2.0. It's just a matter of putting up with it until then.

I'm aware, but it still makes for a very unenjoyable experience. I've been of the mind from the very start of PvP 2.0 that cephalon carriers should have some more debuffs other than being forced to use a sidearm, like the ones I mentioned before. 

I'm aware, but it still makes for a very unenjoyable experience. I've been of the mind from the very start of PvP 2.0 that cephalon carriers should have some more debuffs other than being forced to use a sidearm, like the ones I mentioned before. 

Not sure I agree with that sentiment. While it would certainly encourage team play and protection of the Carrier a bit more, I'm not sure limiting the player with the Cephalon by any means would be a wise idea. People don't react kindly to control being taken away from them in this game.

as the other dude said, coptering will be tweaked, but that doesnt mean you cant ask for a change since we dont really know what will DE do about it, you may not see any topic about this in the front page, but it was discussed to the point of bleeding keyboards

Not sure I agree with that sentiment. While it would certainly encourage team play and protection of the Carrier a bit more, I'm not sure limiting the player with the Cephalon by any means would be a wise idea. People don't react kindly to control being taken away from them in this game.

There's already been tactical alerts around with some sort of restrictions or limitations to Warframe abilities, equipment, energy and whatnot. Whether or not these were actually an enjoyable challenge is a different topic entirely, but it has been done before already. Several other games also debuff the flag carrier to encourage more teamwork and less ramboing around.

And while they are going to rework coptering and make it not so useful anymore when Parkour and Stamina 2.0 hit, I still would like there to be some kind of debuff related to carriers.

DE pvp team already say, "cephalon carrier its not going to have restrictions, we want let the player, do as much he can"
coptering its a general problem in pvp, with or without the cephalon, on recent devstreams they said coptering its going to be checked, and his speed and distance going to be reduced, making the pvp less fast paced.
now we just can wait, and hope the overhaul on coptering, make the game, less rush, and more "face to face".
The best maybe, u can do right now, its make a feedback with possible ideas, so PvP team can take a look on it, when parkour 2.0 comes, well, u know.

Coptering needs a BUFF in PvP. Moving slow like a freaking turtle is really boring, but if coptering is increased, damage needs to be increased.

Dude, you will need this.

Flame_Warrior.png

For the recorded, I agree. The movement right now is so slow. ;-; Rush needs to be added in PvP (or add a 30% increase to speed for all Warframes... in both PvP and PvE).

Coptering will take a hit in Parkour 2.0. It's just a matter of putting up with it until then.

What I'm concerned about this statement is whether the actual coptering would take a hit or the effectiveness of coptering would take a hit. Because those two can be very different, one of them means nerfing coptering itself, the other means overshadowing copters with something else that is more effective while leaving coptering untouched. If it's the latter, then the problem of speed capping has not been solved.

What I'm concerned about this statement is whether the actual coptering would take a hit or the effectiveness of coptering would take a hit. Because those two can be very different, one of them means nerfing coptering itself, the other means overshadowing copters with something else that is more effective while leaving coptering untouched. If it's the latter, then the problem of speed capping has not been solved.

I believe they said something about tweaking the numbers of coptering and reigning it in, so I'm optimistic.

DE pvp team already say, "cephalon carrier its not going to have restrictions, we want let the player, do as much he can"

coptering its a general problem in pvp, with or without the cephalon, on recent devstreams they said coptering its going to be checked, and his speed and distance going to be reduced, making the pvp less fast paced.

now we just can wait, and hope the overhaul on coptering, make the game, less rush, and more "face to face".

The best maybe, u can do right now, its make a feedback with possible ideas, so PvP team can take a look on it, when parkour 2.0 comes, well, u know.

Well maybe that said team should actually play their creation... This thing annoys me in game devolpment in general. Because if they would be playing matches where carrier just copters constantly, and god help you if it is rhino with skin on, they would know that something needs to be done. I think problem is that they are in mentality that they can only restrict carriers, not give something else also.

Well maybe that said team should actually play their creation... This thing annoys me in game devolpment in general. Because if they would be playing matches where carrier just copters constantly, and god help you if it is rhino with skin on, they would know that something needs to be done. I think problem is that they are in mentality that they can only restrict carriers, not give something else also.

They have "veterans" testing all the things before the release.

They have "veterans" testing all the things before the release.

Well those "veterans" are full poo. I just finished 3matches where there was volt coptering 24/7 collecting energy, spamming overload rince and repeat. First i was positive about pvp, but now i might play it only when movement 2.0 arrives, if there is cut off coptering, if there isnt well... no thanks.

People don't react kindly to control being taken away from them in this game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good one!

I'm sure that's exactly the reason there's such a large crowd crying "muh ubers" whenever the subject of removing abilities with minimal interaction comes up.

Well those "veterans" are full poo. I just finished 3matches where there was volt coptering 24/7 collecting energy, spamming overload rince and repeat. First i was positive about pvp, but now i might play it only when movement 2.0 arrives, if there is cut off coptering, if there isnt well... no thanks.

I just say, what rebecca say before release the pvp 2.0.

Ehm, energy its already fixed here on pc, u just have to wait and are going to see a nice change, about coptering, we are still with that issue.