The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Let me just start by saying, I never believed in that theory, but some people did, and today it occurred to me why it's not possible. Some of you may have put two and two together already, but I'll explain anyway.

Alright, so I was helping a friend with the last part of the Chroma quest, he underestimated the enemy, and the objective wasn't doing too good, long story short, we decided to fight to the death for the hell of it. At one point, not sure why I remembered it then, but I said "we'll die smiling like Mirage" that's when I realized the final nail was set in the coffin of that theory.

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

Tenno are NOT energy but the carry the power. They are the survivors of the void transformation, people with powers received from those mutations, and warframes built around them by the orokin, to be a "conduit for their affliction", so a focusing conduit for their power. The Tenno are people with powers, and the warframes are the wand in the wizard's hand.

Proof: excalibur codex entry, look at it knowing with the viewpoint i just gave you: "In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend."

Edited by Serigala

Tenno are NOT energy but the carry the power. They are the survivors of the void transformation, people with powers received from those mutations, and warframes built around them by the orokin, to be a "conduit for their affliction", so a focusing conduit for their power. The Tenno are people with powers, and the warframes are the wand in the wizard's hand.

Proof: excalibur codex entry, look at it knowing with the viewpoint i just gave you: "In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend."

I can't count how many times I've seen that quote in this thread.

On the "Technocyte came from the Void" theory, I think Nef Anyo's reverence for the Void despite his hatred for Alad and his disease may rule that theory out. Just from my own consideration, if the Technocyte WAS from the Void you'd think those who revered it would give it a little more consideration - if the whole "praise the Void!" was just an act I could see this being a bit of intended hipocracy, but since he's continued it thus far and didn't drop it after his failed get-rich-quick scheme in False Profit I'd say he actually believes it.

Also of note, Anyo referred to the Void as "glorious energy" during his False Profit event. So, while it's probably nothing new, I'd say that the Void is a realm of pure energy, with everything in it made of of energy in some fashion - save the towers, which are not native to it.

As for "Oro", given Teshin's talk about it it DOES seem that it's not something the Tenno have, but we do share the ability through other means.

My theory? Oro is the Orokin-made version of what we Tenno have - be it Pure Void energy or whatever - as a power source. Going on my "Sentients are rogue Cephalons" theory, this would explain why they have it, and, furthermore, explain Vor's current status. He was revived by the Janus Void key - special enough or rare enough to have its own name - a Void key that, perhaps, was a conduit for Oro?

This would explain his current immortality and energy state: as he's being kept alive by the Oro energy of the Janus key.

Until they actually make Warframes talk in some manner or at least respond I'll go with that they are an energy that takes control of a Warframe.

That's why they don't care about sex of the Warframe. This is why they'll take any reward they get because they have no feelings. You could get Tennos to do anything you want as long as you gave a good reward for it.

On the "Technocyte came from the Void" theory, I think Nef Anyo's reverence for the Void despite his hatred for Alad and his disease may rule that theory out. Just from my own consideration, if the Technocyte WAS from the Void you'd think those who revered it would give it a little more consideration - if the whole "praise the Void!" was just an act I could see this being a bit of intended hipocracy, but since he's continued it thus far and didn't drop it after his failed get-rich-quick scheme in False Profit I'd say he actually believes it.

Also of note, Anyo referred to the Void as "glorious energy" during his False Profit event. So, while it's probably nothing new, I'd say that the Void is a realm of pure energy, with everything in it made of of energy in some fashion - save the towers, which are not native to it.

As for "Oro", given Teshin's talk about it it DOES seem that it's not something the Tenno have, but we do share the ability through other means.

My theory? Oro is the Orokin-made version of what we Tenno have - be it Pure Void energy or whatever - as a power source. Going on my "Sentients are rogue Cephalons" theory, this would explain why they have it, and, furthermore, explain Vor's current status. He was revived by the Janus Void key - special enough or rare enough to have its own name - a Void key that, perhaps, was a conduit for Oro?

This would explain his current immortality and energy state: as he's being kept alive by the Oro energy of the Janus key.

THEN AGAIN we still have Steve's statement from the Devstream: 

"That is the Oro, which represents the resurrection ability of Tenno and other enemies that Teshin is most concerned with"

https://youtu.be/j7QVemHYKn4?t=50m30s

Which implies the Tenno have Oro. So it could be either that Steve misspoke during the Devstream or that Teshin identified Oro specifically for the upcoming Sentients because of the assumption we already know we have it.

I may make a thread about this, try to get a Red response.

Edited by Morec0

Something something something too damn high!

I was actually thinking "aint nobody got time fo dat!"

I was obviously a not obvious meme, I failed. 

*falls on own keyboard*

Any way you slice it, Tenno are conduits of Void energy.  And yet Void worshiper Anyo does not treat us with any form of reverence.  I think taking his word of what the Void is or what comes from it might me a mistake. 

Preference with saying I don't buy the Sentients as Orokin built AI.

I'd hazard a guess that Technocyte isn't from the Void but is related to it.  It might be that its the only durable enough "fleshlike" material capable of withstanding the Void.  There's also its hive mind, which even if its the aggregate of all the individuals its consumed, still requires telepathy.  It being a Void channeling material or having absorbed, say, a Sentient would explain that. 

We are proud that we finally accept our theory on the Oro :P

"That is the Oro, which represents the resurrection ability of Tenno and other enemies that Teshin is most concerned with"

Represents doesn't necessarily mean 'definitely is'. Probably was a wonky choice of words. I mean, he does pronounce 'Mesa' wrong.

The most logical theory I've come up with -  Tenno are basically Parasites. 

In effect - the Tenno are 'souls'; the conscious part of the warframe.   Beings of Energy capable of possessing specific bodies which are attuned to it.  The twisted and corrupted few that returned from the void with unique and amazing powers.  It makes us formless, capable of freely transferring between frames, resurrecting after immense damage, and retain the knowledge and skills to use our weapons and tools despite what frame we possess. 

A Tenno is a warframe... which is why in many descriptions you have comments of physical attributes... smiles, stares, burns, teeth.  But a warframe is not a Tenno - as described in the Patient Zero quest line - which The Lotus basically tells us 'That is not a Tenno - just a hollow husk puppetted by infested flesh'.

It also explains why individual frames have their own unique personality to them with different abilities and styles not shared with any other frame.  As the host bodies are all derived from the original corrupted individual that had that frame built around them - and subsequent frames are just flash clones of those (similar to grineer in that respect).

https://youtu.be/j7QVemHYKn4?t=50m30s

^ Thank you for posting this. With the conversation switching to "Oro" I had no idea what people were talking about because I hadn't seen this yet. I was looking all over the place for a new trailer, but it was in the Dev stream. >.< 

Okay, there's tonnes of evidence that proves that Warframes are living. On Ice Planets, you can see their breath, on Survival missions, they require Oxygen to survive, on Exterminate missions, Lotus says "Other than you, I'm not detecting any life forms", and of course, the smiling reference that OP cited.

However.

All this proves, is that the Warframe is alive. Many people support the notion that the Warframe is an organic suit, similar to a Guyver, that theoretically is capable of all the functions described above, and that organic weapon, is piloted by an "energy" Tenno. 

I personally support a similar idea, that the Warframe is a Void-Twisted human that is controlled by an advanced AI known as a Tenno. The actual body itself is alive, but its actions are completely controlled by a non-living Tenno, exactly like The Corrupted are controlled by the Neural Sentry.

I could write more, but I'll simply say that the Energy Tenno theory isn't "debunked" simply because the Warframe is organic.

In my mind, yes, the Warframe is the Zariman kids, twisted and granted powers by the Void. That original, twisted child had armour built around it to focus and enhance its natural abilities. These two things are - collectively - the Warframe.

The Tenno is simply a (Cephalon) pilot. It can be "plugged in" to any Warframe and granted full control over their actions. In that sense, the Tenno itself has no abilities, other than the knowledge of how to properly manipulate the Warframes.

Obviously the original body of the Warframe is still alive, as mentioned several times in this thread. However, its state of mind is probably unstable at best, which is why it needs a Tenno to control it. The suit built around it similarly renders the creature incapable of acting of its own free will, even when not in use by the Tenno.

Haha, just my theory.

I read all the theories up to page 19, but this one definately makes the most sense to me.

The quests for Mesa and Chroma are supporting this kind of theory, as you are fighting fully functional warframes, which obviously are possessed by something.

It all makes sense now.

The Zariman children were exposed to the voidstream and survived it by being part technocyte.

Why do I say this? Because technocyte stores and channel Energy.

When they returned they were dangerous, radiating the raw voidpower within them.

They had allso returned with something precious: the Oro. They regenerated when all the other crew had died from void exposure.

Ember Prime Codex.

"Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

'I didn't believe it myself until I stepped aboard the ship. It was completely intact, full environmental, as if it had never left.'

'And the crew was gone.'

'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship."

This made them prime candidates for study. And after many failures, the cloning finally yealded an adult powerful form, the proto Rhino.

But they still kept an Anscestral link to their child-self. Thats why proto Rhino recognises the sceintists DESPITE not having been experimented upon by them.

Fast forward. The war came and the warframes were built. The Tenno, now trained and perfected - still had the Oro wich made them hard for the Sentients to kill.

Fast forward.

Vor diacovers that inside the Tenno there is energy that dissapear when the scientists try to examine the dead bodies.

They are unable to capture the Oro.

But Vor is clever. He ralises from studying Tenno and the Void, he can use the Oro if he can only dominate a Tenno with the Ascaris.

With the Oro, he can then cure the faulty Grineer genome.

Makes sense all the way.

Edited by arch111

Lies and heresy. Tenno are still lizard people. Tyl Regor said so, and anyone with a voice that smooth has to have a point somehow.

Funny thing is that theory is more plausable and based in facts than most theories thrown around in this thread. And I'm not saying Regors words are in any way reasonable. They're not.

It all makes sense now.

The Zariman children were exposed to the voidstream and survived it by being part technocyte.

Why do I say this? Because technocyte stores and channel Energy.

When they returned they were dangerous, radiating the raw voidpower within them.

They had allso returned with something precious: the Oro. They regenerated when all the other crew had died from void exposure.

This made them prime candidates for study. And after many failures, the cloning finally yealded an adult powerful form, the proto Rhino.

But they still kept an Anscestral link to their child-self. Thats why proto Rhino recognises the sceintists DESPITE not having been experimented upon by them.

Fast forward. The war came and the warframes were built. The Tenno, now trained and perfected - still had the Oro wich made them hard for the Sentients to kill.

Fast forward.

Vor diacovers that inside the Tenno there is energy that dissapear when the scientists try to examine the dead bodies.

They are unable to capture the Oro.

But Vor is clever. He ralises from studying Tenno and the Void, he can use the Oro if he can only dominate a Tenno with the Ascaris.

With the Oro, he can then cure the faulty Grineer genome.

Makes sense all the way.

"I'm a statue, a cornered animal. A gate opens inside me and recognition floods in. I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers."

HERETIC.

You will face the wrath of the lizard overlords.

Not if I can stop them from crossing to our dimension. /grabs magic book, candles, toad eyes and tinfoil hat

Edited by Prany

"I'm a statue, a cornered animal. A gate opens inside me and recognition floods in. I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers."

No I was referring to this:

"I know I will die so I just watch with curious acceptance. The beast squats down, shovelling a heap of gore into its mouth.

It is watching me with vague eyes, a sense of recognition, ancestral memory.

It knows who I am and what I've done.

"

Anscestral memory means genetically inhetited memories and skills. This creature is not the same at the one the narrator is talking about.

It is a clone, a "brother".

For him to mention anscenstral recognition is pointless if he have just been working on thr creature.