Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Lotus is our guide. Teshin want us to leave her since, we all were following like doped up little oxen.

See Lotus greek if you don't follow.

Is it evil to take care of the Tenno?

Is it evil to take care of the Tenno against their will, in the name of Balance?

Is it evil to erase the memories of the Tenno, if it is for the Greater Good?

You descide.

This community in a nutshell. DE issues an official statement about a character. Community reaction, "Well, this doesn't fit my own personal idea of how the lore should be so I'm just going to ignore it."

This community in a nutshell. DE issues an official statement about a character. Community reaction, "Well, this doesn't fit my own personal idea of how the lore should be so I'm just going to ignore it."

Sad but true.

Or at least they'll try to find a way to make the two match.

But let's be honest: that's not unique to THIS fandom.

Edited by Morec0

Well to be fair, DE allso created a new NPC who casts a shadow of doubt over Lotus. Let's not kid ourselves, coupled with Ordis cryptic talk, I have no doubt this is planned out by DE and will, hopefully, surprise us.

Well to be fair, DE allso created a new NPC who casts a shadow of doubt over Lotus. Let's not kid ourselves, coupled with Ordis cryptic talk, I have no doubt this is planned out by DE and will, hopefully, surprise us.

There's no doubt that the Lotus is a bit sketch.

But the sort of argument I keep seeing against her is that she's just using the Tenno and she doesn't want what's best for them, only herself.

Which, based on everything I've seen of her, is just a lie. She certainly DOES care about us.

If it DOES turn out there were lies, and those lies came from the Lotus, I think it may be a case of the Lotus becoming TOO attached to us, too protective of us, and then convincing us to do things that - ultimately she saw as protecting us - but may have had some nasty fallout implications. The destruction of the Orokin Empire, for instance, leading to the rise of groups like the Grineer, Corpus, and spread of Infestation.

There was a line that was used in one of the Devstreams where Becca and Scott were doing some Roleplaying of Lotus and Teshin, and Scott said, without missing a beat, "you're coddling them". I think Lotus wants to protect us at all costs, and while she ultimately wants to enforce some "balance" to do so, it may not ultimately be in everyone's best interests that she does what she does - and Teshin, a survivor of the Orokin Era who would have seen everything and be able to understand, would know this, hence his worry about the Tenno becoming "soft".

Oh yes I agree. The opportunity that they have, is that Lotus would eventually become the very threat the Tenno were created to defend against.

This is a balance-game.

Let's go there.

Orokin wreck balance in their omnipotence.

Sentients balance it out.

Sentients tip the scales when they almost ddestroy the Orokin Empire.

The Lotus and the Tenno even the scales by pushing back the Sentients.

The Orokin Emperors wreck the balance once again.

Lotus uses the Tenno kill the Emperors, evening out the scales yet again.

Lotus puts Tenno to sleep.

There is balance in the aftermath.

Grineer and tips the scales.

Grineer Empire is formed, wrecking the balance.

Corpus begin tipping the scales.

Grineer and Corpus reach balance, but kill Tenno and use Orokin tech to do so.

Lotus is alerted, wakes the Tenno to save them/fight the new enemy.

Grineer let loose the infested, balance is a skewed.

Tenno tip the scales by stopping the Grineer Progress, and Corpus advancements and halting the infestation.

- present day -

The sentients are returning. The scales will tip in their favor.

The Tenno is faced with a four front war.

History repeats itself.

- Tenno tip the scales by killing the Grineer Queens.

- Tenno descimate the Corpus and cobtain the Infestation.

Full on war with Sentients.

- aftermath -

No memorywipe this time.

Lotus and the Tenno are the most powerful factions in the galaxy.

Balance equals Conflict. The Tenno have no rivals, a threat of a new Empire under the Tenno, forces the Lotus to act.

Lotus and Tenno go to war.

Epic right ;p ?

Oh yes I agree. The opportunity that they have, is that Lotus would eventually become the very threat the Tenno were created to defend against.

This is a balance-game.

Let's go there.

Orokin wreck balance in their omnipotence.

Sentients balance it out.

Sentients tip the scales when they almost ddestroy the Orokin Empire.

The Lotus and the Tenno even the scales by pushing back the Sentients.

The Orokin Emperors wreck the balance once again.

Lotus uses the Tenno kill the Emperors, evening out the scales yet again.

Lotus puts Tenno to sleep.

There is balance in the aftermath.

Grineer and tips the scales.

Grineer Empire is formed, wrecking the balance.

Corpus begin tipping the scales.

Grineer and Corpus reach balance, but kill Tenno and use Orokin tech to do so.

Lotus is alerted, wakes the Tenno to save them/fight the new enemy.

Grineer let loose the infested, balance is a skewed.

Tenno tip the scales by stopping the Grineer Progress, and Corpus advancements and halting the infestation.

- present day -

The sentients are returning. The scales will tip in their favor.

The Tenno is faced with a four front war.

History repeats itself.

- Tenno tip the scales by killing the Grineer Queens.

- Tenno descimate the Corpus and cobtain the Infestation.

Full on war with Sentients.

- aftermath -

No memorywipe this time.

Lotus and the Tenno are the most powerful factions in the galaxy.

Balance equals Conflict. The Tenno have no rivals, a threat of a new Empire under the Tenno, forces the Lotus to act.

Lotus and Tenno go to war.

Epic right ;p ?

Epic... but there's the issue of why the Lotus suddenly wouldn't send them back to cryosleep this second time around or wipe their memories (if such a thing occurred and it's not just a result of cryosleep of the quick-purge). And without that is there really a reason for the Tenno and Lotus to go to war?

A part of me hopes the elimination of the Orokin Emperors to be because they started iistening to the whispers of their infested bioweapons and started turning to the infesteds path for immortality. So we ended them and probably killed the alpha strains of those infested. With this Oro now thrown in the mix though, I really can't be sure my own theory.

A part of me hopes the elimination of the Orokin Emperors to be because they started iistening to the whispers of their infested bioweapons and started turning to the infesteds path for immortality. So we ended them and probably killed the alpha strains of those infested. With this Oro now thrown in the mix though, I really can't be sure my own theory.

The Orokin empurrors did not die, because they were the cats. Those statues? They are a tribute to the Orokin's true rulers.

Their lizard subjects were the ones who died in the uprising.

Valkyr was once the closest to the Overlords, but she was tortured and broken. She will be whole again, one day.

As for the Catbrows? Those are but minor agents of Their will, vanguards of Their glorious return.

We know that Cat Emperors would have never had a problem with an invader they couldn't stop - they are cats after all - humans pumped them on Australia and cats won. Unless, could it be, obviously the Sentients are Vacuum Cleaners! the one force that brings dogs and cats together and that neither group has successfully beaten. No wonder they had to get us Tenno and cloth us in warframes, they had to stop the Vacuum cleaners at all cost. Its no surprise we had to betray them when we found that Carrier was so conveinent!

In all seriousness though, I figure either the Orokin Emperors were giving into infestation or going to something far worse than infested and sentients. So the leaders had to be taken out.

Edited by Urlan

In all seriousness though, I figure either the Orokin Emperors were giving into infestation or going to something far worse than infested and sentients. So the leaders had to be taken out.

I'm not sure if "giving into Infestation" might be viable, though, since the Eviscerator Synthesis has the Infested attacking in what seems to be a Post-Tenno Attack time and two Orokin Executors having to get out of what I presume to be a tower.

I think it was just a matter of the Orokin were too powerful and too corrupt and, with the Lotus so fond of the Tenno after guiding them during the Old War, she couldn't bear the thought of what they were doing to us - which likely wasn't any better than the treatment that was being given to the Grineer - so, she rallied us, and we took out the despots. I continue to like to think the Tenno were very much interested in their own vengeance as well - maybe even pushing Lotus to make the move in the first place.

HEADCANON: The Orokin Emperors might also have been using Oro to make themselves immortal - hence why other high ranking groups with them, such as the Guardians; Stalker, Teshin, Lotus, are still around today. The lesser members of their order, the various corpus families, didn't have access to this, or at least not in the same way the Emperors and Guardians would have, and so while they could live for a LONG time (Darvo, 105-years old, descended from these corpus groups, still considered a kid) they weren't immortals like the Tenno feasibly are.

Edited by Morec0

Or it's because they experimented on children, and cut apart others or something like that (I'm tired as hell, details are foggy) that's probably why we ended them.

If you're so focused on making yourself the bad guy, then go play Force Unleashed or something. -w- Most of us are fighting for loot mercenary style, and roleplayers like me are usually playing out a sense of honor that the lore states the Tenno are practically raised on. Balance, in everything, war or peace. We'll be there waiting for you.

Ew role player

Ew role player

Ew, dungeon crawler. -w-

It goes both ways. I respect the game my way, you ... Actually, I can't think of a single way that dungeon crawlers respect the games they play at all. The heck do you have against roleplayers anyway? It's not like you're any less of an escapist.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Get rekt blobs of energy fanboys ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GET REKT

I approve this... Whatever this is called.

Ew, dungeon crawler. -w-

It goes both ways. I respect the game my way, you ... Actually, I can't think of a single way that dungeon crawlers respect the games they play at all. The heck do you have against roleplayers anyway? It's not like you're any less of an escapist.

What's a dungeon crawler?

What's a dungeon crawler?

It's a Dungeons and Dragons (or other tabletop RPG) term for one who does not play their character, metagames to get ahead, and runs by rules as written and pure numbers rather than group-storywriting and fun. Really rather boring to play with, as their character does little more than prep for battle, gain knowledge they should not have in-character, apply said knowledge and a knowledge of the rules, and do battle as such.

Rather well known for an ironclad insistence upon turning any rpg into dice gambling with your characters' HP as the pot, rather than a fun exercise in imagination, skill and creativity.

It's a Dungeons and Dragons (or other tabletop RPG) term for one who does not play their character, metagames to get ahead, and runs by rules as written and pure numbers rather than group-storywriting and fun. Really rather boring to play with, as their character does little more than prep for battle, gain knowledge they should not have in-character, apply said knowledge and a knowledge of the rules, and do battle as such.

Rather well known for an ironclad insistence upon turning any rpg into dice gambling with your characters' HP as the pot, rather than a fun exercise in imagination, skill and creativity.

The more you know. Thanks for explaining that, what I was thinking was way off.

Ew, dungeon crawler. -w-

Lol was jk. Role play is ᵐᵒˢᵗᶫʸ alright. 

I actually figured you were going to say this (no idea what a dungeon crawler is, sounds like an awesome person)

My bad I guess.

You should always reply ._. if your not sure if someone is just kidding.

Edited by Jakcal

Lol was jk. Role play is ᵐᵒˢᵗᶫʸ alright. 

I actually figured you were going to say this (no idea what a dungeon crawler is, sounds like an awesome person)

My bad I guess.

You should always reply ._. if your not sure if someone is just kidding.

TwT I done it again!

Sarcasm is hard to detect or write in the written form, I sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding, my bad.

Though, in my own defense; roleplayers in general are often looked down upon in many genres and sub/cultures. I admit to being a little touchy after having been hunted down and insulted many a time.

Edited by WolvenEdge

TwT I done it again!

Sarcasm is hard to detect or write in the written form, I sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding, my bad.

Though, in my own defense; roleplayers in general are often looked down upon in many genres and sub/cultures. I admit to being a little touchy after having been hunted down and insulted many a time.

T'salright.

I try to respect or at least be tolerant of what ever others do.

Unless they hate dogs.

Those people shall burn with the evil cats orokin.

I love dogs. ^w^ Er, not that way. <w< And not that way either. >w>

I... tolerate cats. >w< Some are fun, and kittens are quite enjoyable... but many cats turn into royal pains in my neck. 0w0 They never get off. They hang onto my lap and don't let go.

I just wish I remembered WHY we torched the Orokin, evil or no.

I don't think that really constitutes as proof, ordis flat out says we are wearing suits...that seals it for me. Whatever we look like without our frames has to be pretty flexible, I mean you wear a spacious rhino one minute, and then squeeze into a mag the next.

Ha! Try going from a spacious Rhino to a Limbo or a Nekros