Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Or you are a lizard. A lizard is small and thin, and therefore can fit into any warframe.

You are making me laugh. I am trying to be serius, but you ruined my plans yet again!

Curse you, Impurrator!

LOL

Or you are a lizard. A lizard is small and thin, and therefore can fit into any warframe.

You are making me laugh. I am trying to be serius, but you ruined my plans yet again!

Curse you, Impurrator!

LOL

But... but... if Impurrator is a cat, and is also a lizard.... good God, the Catbrow exists already! -stumbles back in horror-

What were you thinking, if I may be so bold?

?w?

Like a troll, but lurking in the metaphoric dungeons, knowing absolutely nothing about the game, and their sole reason for playing is to be d*cks to people who get really invested with their characters and that sort of thing.

We bleed in game.....Embers Codex:They found a young ember in an orokin ship and its mentioned that the tenno naturally have these powers the warframe suit helps control and even make them stronger

They found a young girl, who burned Kaleen. For all we know that girl was ground up to make the first Ember suit, we have no idea if she became a Tenno nor what her call-sign was if she did. You're assuming the was a singluar Tenno with the call-sign "Ember" when we currently only ever refer to the suit by that name.

Calling that child "a young Ember" has a whole raft of assumptions that are unsupported.

Also that Codex only suggests that a single child has something resembling powers-without-a-warframe. To apply that to all Tenno is a hell of a stretch.

They found a young girl, who burned Kaleen. For all we know that girl was ground up to make the first Ember suit, we have no idea if she became a Tenno nor what her call-sign was if she did. You're assuming the was a singluar Tenno with the call-sign "Ember" when we currently only ever refer to the suit by that name.

Calling that child "a young Ember" has a whole raft of assumptions that are unsupported.

Also that Codex only suggests that a single child has something resembling powers-without-a-warframe. To apply that to all Tenno is a hell of a stretch.

I continue to argue that what happened to Kaleen was radiation burns from raw Void energy rather than actual fire.

Sadly, all the Ember Prime Codex tells us is that we certainly have a humanoid look to us - following my earlier thoughts on Vor and his body being "solid energy", we don't quite know enough yet.

Edited by Morec0

I continue to argue that what happened to Kaleen was radiation burns from raw Void energy rather than actual fire.

Sadly, all the Ember Prime Codex tells us is that we certainly have a humanoid look to us - following my earlier thoughts on Vor and his body being "solid energy", we don't quite know enough yet.

I'm also strongly of the opinions that the Zariman was not the only source of Tenno (If it was a source of Tenno at all) I don't think DE would paint themselves into a corner like that, relegating the creation of Tenno to that one incident.

Though it certainly had something to do with the creation of Warframes. but there are many routes that could take.

So you don't think Kaleen was burned by fire, thou incident was described in fire wielding frames codex entry, and instead argue it was void radiation despite no indication void is radioactive.

At least it's better than what was sqeezed out of Rhino's codex: I dunno this room+it stopped=Tenno are ghosts.

I don't think DE would paint themselves into a corner like that, relegating the creation of Tenno to that one incident.

How is that painting themselves in corner?

Edited by Prany

I'm also strongly of the opinions that the Zariman was not the only source of Tenno (If it was a source of Tenno at all) I don't think DE would paint themselves into a corner like that, relegating the creation of Tenno to that one incident.

Though it certainly had something to do with the creation of Warframes. but there are many routes that could take.

And I can certainly agree with that, but I do say it was the FIRST incident of them encountering them. As Prany asks, I don't see this as putting anyone in a corner.

So you don't think Kaleen was burned by fire, thou incident was described in fire wielding frames codex entry, and instead argue it was void radiation despite no indication void is radioactive.

At least it's better than what was sqeezed out of Rhino's codex: I dunno this room+it stopped=Tenno are ghosts.

Energy burns whenever there's enough of it, and the Void is most certainly energy. As the Rhino Prime codex - and the fact we can switch between the frames - shows us its not the Tenno themselves but the Warframes (and whatever kind of Infested creature they were before the Orokin combined that project with the Tenno) have the powers, the Tenno act as pilot and energy source for the Warframes to draw from - so, batteries included.

I prefer to read the Rhino Prime Codex more as the Tenno having some limited psychic abilities of some description, but I will say it is VERY much up in the air at this point, as is what the Tenno are physically.

Energy burns whenever there's enough of it, and the Void is most certainly energy.

Pressure crushes things, and right now air is pressing on every one of us.

Do you realize how silly it is to describe burning in Ember's codex entry and it not being caused by would/could be Ember. It is very misleading without any visible benefit and falls under plain bad writing. It's so bad I'm not wiling to believe even DE could fall in such pit.

(and whatever kind of Infested creature they were before the Orokin combined that project with the Tenno)

What the the hell! Like seriously, what the flying F*** of a hell is this? Where is source of this "combining" claim. Do we even know infested were project instead of accident. Did Orokin even made infested. Is there even connection between infested and Tenno?

It's almost like you come up with "facts" to just support your theories. Something I know well - I was fan of truther theories when younger. I can only suggest you to be more critical, no matter how hard it may be.

radiation sickness causes liaisons that are very similar to burns, and can sometimes be hard to distinguish. it is entirely feasible that it was raw void energy/ radiation.

In order to support this, it should be noted that argon crystals are radioactive, but this doesn't make sense when we consider argon is a noble gas, it is one of the most inert substances known to humans, however if it existed in a contaminated environment, like a radioactive hellspace, that could feasibly explain its radioactivity.

Hell, it might also explain what we use it for, we need to use it to void proof our weapons/frames so they don't explode when we channel energy through them

oh and as for this

(and whatever kind of Infested creature they were before the Orokin combined that project with the Tenno)

i agree, we see with infested exemi that they are capable of manifesting powers that the grineer and corpus require advanced technology, probably of orokin origin, to replicate, and these exemi already approach the tenno in terms of power

Edited by BaneOfOrion

Do you realize how silly it is to describe burning in Ember's codex entry and it not being caused by would/could be Ember. It is very misleading without any visible benefit and falls under plain bad writing. It's so bad I'm not wiling to believe even DE could fall in such pit.

What the the hell! Like seriously, what the flying F*** of a hell is this? Where is source of this "combining" claim. Do we even know infested were project instead of accident. Did Orokin even made infested. Is there even connection between infested and Tenno?

It's almost like you come up with "facts" to just support your theories. Something I know well - I was fan of truther theories when younger. I can only suggest you to be more critical, no matter how hard it may be.

The infested are the virus in Dark sector, Tenno are kinda in the same league as infested. Hayden's skin turned into a sort of biologcial metal, the same material as present warframes. We don't know how the virus manged to somehow be in the orokin's hands, my guess is that it might have been part of their lifestyle, then turned biological weapon.

And grounding them into a Warframe takes 100 assumptions and makes no sense.

I'm honestly surprised that Emburp's codex entry is being taken in such manners. It never said the child burned her, it never said WHAT burned her. Kayleen could even be the one who eventually became Ember a la Batman, by facing a newfound fear of fire. It could have been one of the kids who burned her, either by a form of radiation or actual fire, and it could have been an actual Ember warframe that was hiding in the shadows protecting the kids... or maybe had already gone through the rest of the ship on an Exterminate mission. :\ Honestly, we're told so little as to really know diddly squat.

Did you get that idea from me? :D

I remember the statement "more than fire burns". If you said that, then yes.

Really, it shouldn't be a shock. Like any good theorist I take the conclusions made by others, pick them apart with my own PoV, and see what I think holds up and what falls flat to come to a greater conclusion. 

For example:

VorTwo.png

I believe it is Arch11 that first suggested the notion of Vor's body being the equivalent of a Warframe for him at this point. I denounced that idea at first, but recent consideration has made me rethink it.

See, my problem was I was thinking there had to be only two explanations:

Children Exposed to Void -> Bodies Destroyed -> Turned to Energy

or

Children Exposed to Void -> Bodies Infused With Void Energy -> Become sources of Void Power

But I think now there may be a third option:

Children Exposed to Void -> Consciousness/Soul and Body Separated by the Void -> Consciousness/Soul Becomes Oro and continues to Inhabit Body

We all can agree at this point that Vor has achieved Oro-powered status - he is immune to damage save for the glowing energy core where he was cut in half, and he preaches and backs up the fact that he is, for all purposes, eternal now. So far, we haven't been able to disrupt the Oro enough to kill him permanently (though until the Sentients come, we aren't horribly sure HOW we'll even do that). So, it would seem that he no longer feels pain and thus cannot truly be damaged by attacks to what seems to be his original body. 

Of course, we Tenno do take damage to our Warframes, but we're also a VERY different process than whatever Vor's gone through, if not for the exposure to Void energy than the creation and fastening of Warframes.

Regardless, keep in mind something about this separation of consciousness and body: if the Tenno consciousness is not bound to a single form, but rather separated from it into its own thing, then it would be able to move from body to body.

Take into consideration the Rhino Prime Codex and our switching between Warframes in-general.

Also one of our most interesting nicknames: the demons of the Void.

What are demons classically known to do? Possess.

So, ultimately what am I getting at with this?

That perhaps we truly don't have bodies after all. That the "brain in a jar" statement was indeed referring to a free-floating consciousness. Does this mean the original bodies of the Tenno are within the Warframes after all? No, I don't think so, I think we're just moving between frame to frame, if this is the case.

Well then what DID happen to our original bodies?

Simple: they weren't needed anymore by the Orokin, so they were discarded. Destroyed.

And, with that, any hope we had at living NORMAL lives was dashed.

But, as this is in direct contrast to the points OP is making, what about all this talk of "smiling" and talking with the Lotus?

I want you to smile. Not physically, in your mind. Or, hell, smile physically first, but then go to smile again but don't let your face make the expression. Mentally imagine yourself smiling.

Just because you don't physically smile, doesn't mean your mind - your consciousness - doesn't process the act. In your head, you can still feel it within your brain, and, likewise, any other person within your brain could as well. Same for speech - even easier for speech, likely as you've been reading this you've been hearing a little voice in your head. Someone else, if they could tap into your head, could too.

Someone like Lotus. Are those just transmissions she's sending? Picked up by the Warframe? Maybe, but even so the Warframe is connected to us. As Vor says:

"The Ascaris has reached your mind and rendered your Lotus mute."

All the while, Vor is appearing to us, an invader in our thoughts, speaking to us through the connection he now has through the Ascaris. I think there's something more to be considered here. 

I'm honestly surprised that Emburp's codex entry is being taken in such manners. It never said the child burned her, it never said WHAT burned her. Kayleen could even be the one who eventually became Ember a la Batman, by facing a newfound fear of fire. It could have been one of the kids who burned her, either by a form of radiation or actual fire, and it could have been an actual Ember warframe that was hiding in the shadows protecting the kids... or maybe had already gone through the rest of the ship on an Exterminate mission. :\ Honestly, we're told so little as to really know diddly squat.

"'They were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'

'So you broke quarantine and this happened to you.'

There was silence as Kaleen touched her face, 'So what have you done with them?'"

These lines heavily imply Kaleen tried to get too close to one or more of the children and ended up getting burned as a result. Ergo the reasonable conclusion is the child/ren burned her - how is currently still in the air.

I don't remember the full details of the entry, but something in there pretty much kills that theory.

The way your quoted person's describing it, what kills it is the fact Ember is not a singular individual but a class of Warframe.

On the other hand, is interesting to consider the possibility that Kaleen was used in military experiments to create the Infested creature that would later be refashioned into the Ember Warframe we know now.

Speaking of the Zariman:

ARCH11

Your earlier statement about "the Zariman not being the ONLY source of Tenno" got me thinking.

We know multiple ships had been lost to the Void, which, as far as Kaleen knew, never returned. "Nothing returns from the Void". But, thing is, when the Zariman DOES return it's notably undamaged, unscathed. Clearly this indicates it was designed for the express purpose of exposing its passengers - the Children - to the Void and then coming back so they can be studied... But what if all those other lost ships were too?

What if the Zariman really was just a singular part of a MUCH longer-running conspiracy. All those ships Kaleen thought never returned, all of them were expiraments as well. Or maybe, as I've theorized, "harvesting" vessels - sending these children into the Void to expose them to the Void, to change them, so that the Oro could be harvested from them and used for whatever energy source the Orokin would have used it for - even if humanity wasn't calling itself then.

Aye. But it's not ENOUGH pressure to crush us. Go down a few thousand feet below sea level - THAT'S the kind of comparison to energy burning I'm making here.

Aye, that's the one thing that bothers me as well... But I see no reason why it couldn't be. What about it not talking SPECIFICALLY about Ember Prime makes it bad writing? The Origin of the Tenno comes before the Warframes, "we took the twisted few that returned from [the Void] and built a frame around them" (Excalibur Prime Codex), so to understand that we'll have to have stories that talk about them BEFORE that frame was built.

As for the Infested: Lephantis is described as a creature created to fight during the Old War, and is found on an Orokin Derelict ship. Furthermore we have the Rhino Prime Codex talking about two Orokin running form a creature they'd been working that used Rhino abilities, but Rhino doesn't have a mouth... but that thing was shoving meat into it's mouth... "That was the Tenno pilot, head exposed" you may say, but when one of them introduces the other to "the ones from the Zariman", the other didn't even know the Zariman had returned from the Void.

The other, the narrator, had no idea the Tenno existed before this moment, yet he'd crafted "countless like" the creature attacking them?

From that point, it is currently speculation - the Rhino Creature, an Infested monster, not quite a Warframe yet, Excalibur would be the first. There's then Lephantis' statement "we are your flesh", which, when taken into account with the rest of that train of thought, nicely spells it out: Lephantis is seeing our Warframe, our armor made of Technocyte flesh, and is horribly confused as to why creatures that are the same as him are attacking him, worse yet why they wont "consume us, be reborn" as he's been doing - "Be wary. The creature has grown unfathomably strong through centuries of absorbing matter and self-replication." (Lotus) - but rather kill the other Infested and leave them to rot.

I await future Prime Codex's to either continue this train of thought or prove me wrong one way or another with solid proof.

Three figures waited behind a simple table. Their attention on a single chair, bathed in light. An old woman's voice from the shadow: 'Send her in'. Across the room a security officer, stern and plain, opened the door. The outline of a young woman appeared at the door. She hesitated, but only for an instant, then crossed the room and sat.

There was a gasp as the light hit her face. Her right eye was bright and blinking, but her left was a greasy slit. Her skin had been burned moon-white. Her mouth was a sagging gash without lips or expression. Her military beret was pulled snug over a scarred and hairless scalp.

The old voice: 'Your name is Kaleen.' Kaleen nodded. 'You were the principal investigator of the Zariman?' Kaleen's voice was a jagged whisper, a rigid face. 'Yes.'

Kaleen coughed, straightened: 'The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filed a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

'I didn't believe it myself until I stepped aboard the ship. It was completely intact, full environmental, as if it had never left.'

'And the crew was gone.'

'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.'

'And that is when you violated procedure?'

Kaleen bowed her head, a tear welling in her sightless eye. 'they were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'

'So you broke quarantine and this happened to you.'

There was silence as Kaleen touched her face, 'So what have you done with them?'

The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why would you put children on a military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'

Yes, I transcribed it letter for letter as best I could. (I freaking love the Steam overlay system.)

From this;

All we have is that a ship disappeared, and left a Zariman in the fold. Considering the term 'fold', we might assume that they were using some kind of spacial hyperdrive, or more likely one of the Gates. In this sense, Zariman seems to refer to a ship, or a class of ship, as the entire ship was found afterward, not just a person or persons.

Nothing returns from the fold. Something went wrong, and they were shunted into a side-space or something like that, possibly the Void, possibly something else, we really don't know.

Kaleen implies that the crew had become children. It's outright said that when she broke quarantine and tried to comfort the children, she got burned for her trouble. It doesn't say how, it doesn't say anything. It does imply that contact with these children can be hazardous for one's health, XwX but not much more.

Red lights flashing on stark, white walls. Davis is running ahead of me, dropping his notes. We're running for our lives. The fear gives me a strange perspective - I'm out of my body. I've forgotten how I got here, I don't recognize this place.

Davis and I slam pinned against a cell door and he shouts at me. I give him a dumb look. I can't hear him, the sirens, anything, only the muffled throb of terror in my head. I turn away from Davis down the hall and I see it. The hulking mass, flickering red, glinting like steel and fresh blood. Its skin changes, flowing like mercury when I'm blinded by the sudden muzzle-flashes. They do no good. The beast surges forward and the security men become crimson mist and gore.

I'm a statue, a cornered animal. A gate opens inside me and recognition floods in. I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response. I have crafted then rejected countless like it. But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints. I have never seen it... free.

I know I will die so I just watch with curious acceptance. The beast squats down, shovelling a heap of gore into its mouth. It is watching me with vague eyes, a sense of recognition, ancestral memory. It knows who I am and what I've done. It rears up like a bear and roars, shattering the lights and casting us into darkness. I can hear it lumbering toward me, its metal fingers rending the walls, but I know I am dead. I close my eyes and stand ready to pay.

I feel the pull on my arm and realize Davis got the cell open. He tugs me into the cell beyond and I fall on my back. I see Davis staqnding at the open door, waiting, as the monster tears towards us.

Suddenly I could live through this so I shout, "Davis, close the goddamn door!" - But he shakes his head with eyes wide as moons. He shouts, "Watch!" over the roaring and rending of metal. Then silence. Davis is panting, laughing? The beast fills the doorway, inches from him, dripping in blood, but still without violence. It stands there, looking at its hands. Davis whispers, "No one would have believed me."

I crawl up the wall to stand, opposite the door. I've never seen this cell, a cold place with an array of shelves. A morgue? "Where are we, Davis?"

"This is where they keep them. The ones from Zariman." I'm thrown, what was the Zariman? The ship that never returned? "Davis, what's going on?"

Davis turns to me a smile forming - "What's going on is..." he turns back to the beast now silent and calm. "...big, fat promotions."

From this we get very little as well. The ones who returned with the Zariman are kept in either a morgue, cold storage, or cryostasis, and the beast that escaped containment stopped when it was about to enter the room where they were kept. Based on the description of its abilities, we can safely assume that the beast is a Rhino, whether just a frame, an inhabitable being, or complete Tenno gone mad through constant cloning and mistreatment, we have no idea. It is however implied that it has not only its own knowledge at its disposal; ancestral knowledge as said in the entry... though I would take it with a grain of salt, the last moments before one's moment of death, perceived or not, are often less than fully coherent.

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. the more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding light, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.

Excalibur was the first.

I do not have access to Excalibur Prime's codex, so I cannot note any differences... I'm still kicking myself in the shorts for not grabbing that Founders' pack when I had the chance.

Also, I really like the new graphic for Excal's codex. X3 Reflection of his new abilities.

I don't think I need to explain much on this one, save that we don't know what happened, what the appearance was (save for twisted) of those who returned from the Void. Considering the links between the Infested and the Tenno that we know of (Aside from Dark Sector, there's infested biotech research being compatible with Tenno, the Tenno themselves being immune to normal Infestation, even Alad V couldn't properly infest a Tenno, only fill a hollow Warframe with infested tissue... and even that it worked proves the connection, and on top of that many infested have Tenno-esque abilities and do use energy, have the same glowing vent system even), and the connection in appearance between many of the WarFrames/Tenno, confirmed with codex entries (Rhino Prime, Mag Prime both list as metalic, Excal's outright says twisted. Look at the proto-Excalibur's skin or proto-Nyx skin, still compatible with 'modern' Tenno even though it was supposedly recovered from long before the Orokin era, Excalibur's back and other places where his plating doesn't quite cover what's underneath... heck, look at most Warframes and you can still see the slightly twisted-metal appearance... similar to much infested tissue, particularly the Ancients), along with what little lore that we have confirmed from Dark Sector, it's hard to say that the Tenno haven't actually become energy beings now, regardless of what they may have been before they became Tenno.

I honestly think that the Children of Zariman became infested, and like Hayden Tenno before them, maintained full control of themselves and were not twisted as far as those driven mad by the pain... Rhino's codex entry seems to confirm this, that they had some form of control over whatever became of their original bodies. Crafted many like it before? In the SAME BLOODY LAB as the Zariman Children were kept on ice? It's obviously enough biotech, and I don't think it is a coincidence, I think it was cloned from the Zariman Children in some way, likely combined with Orokin cells... maybe the Zariman Children were the first to have Orokin cells in the first place?

There's so much we don't know. I rather like the idea (and do consider it within lore) that the Tenno have become more than just the bodies they jump between, and a physical presence isn't really required to do many things... such as smile.

The most explosive, expanding, and forceful Lore Crafting entries I have read in one Year. Well done :)

I see agreement and contradictions, so nothing new here. I will say that we have come along way from the utter refusal to consider the infestation to be any part of the Tenno.

Chroma must allso be much more important than we can know at this point. The Tenno and Sentients are somehow linked together, and we will soon find out more about that.

As for Tenno being energy, I am unconvinced DE will want to go there. However, a mind-imprint in Technocyte-flesh is basically the same thing. It can be moved like a parasite between hosts.

Bodyswitching can be done in a number of ways.

1) Stargate Atlantis. Used a device to swap minds between two bodies for a limited time.

2) Hellboy 2. The gas-being scientist who can exist outside his suit, but needs it to function as a human.

3) Sixth Day. Brain-imprint used on clones for eternal life.

4) Spiderman. Venom is a.parasite who bond with a human host. Their combined minds determine what they together become.

5) Avatar. Dna matched clone controlled remotely via neural link.

And grounding them into a Warframe takes 100 assumptions and makes no sense.

I'm not positing that as a theory, I'm pointing out that something radically different could in no way contradicts the information we currently have.

My point is that "The little girl was Ember" is so full of problematic assumptions that it should not be taken as the most likely candidate, in facte IMHO it's a pretty "out there" theory (And is assumes there was any Tenno that was called "Ember" a name we only have in relation to a suit)

Edited by SilentMobius