Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

I just had a thought about the Oro, the supposed power to ressurect fallen Tenno.

Wait, so was Tenno have Oro confirmed? I thought we were still under the impression only the Sentients had them, and we have a different form immortality? Hence Teshin's quote "Like the Tenno".

Wait, so was Tenno have Oro confirmed? I thought we were still under the impression only the Sentients had them, and we have a different form immortality? Hence Teshin's quote "Like the Tenno".

Still hinted at only. This is just another piece if the Oro-puzzle to me.

Divine Light, Vor called it right?

The power that evaporated on Death at the hands of Grineer scientists.

What else could the statue represent? Tenno are not cold, needing a fire ti warm them, do they?

And once again Orokin - Oro is too direct to not have been chosen by design.

And Teshin said Tenno lost their way when they abandoned the Conclave, the art of actually killing another Tenno.

Is this not compelling evidence?

I've never been a firm supporter of the idea, there are other options, but my problem with the idea that Tenno aren't energy beings is that it's impossible for us to actually fit into the drastically different sized suits. Taking a physical being in one of the larger frames like Oberon, Chroma, Limbo or Rhino and stuffing them into Nova's tiny frame from a physical standpoint just doesn't work unless we're brains that can be swapped in and out. And that that point, "physical" is a minor technicality...

If you listen to some of his latest dialog, he clearly states his memory has been wiped of that time period and he's starting to suspect that he was the one that wiped the memories out. More than likely they are working on it. It wouldn't be too surprised if we started getting more information with Tomb of the Sentients and us ending up visiting the Lotus physically in game.

Oh you just activated my curiosity mode lol. If something like that comes out with "Tomb of the Sentients" i would just flip with happiness. Kinda like that happy chibi anime character that gets a candy lol. I'm a total sucker for content revealing story. Especially origin stories.

Oh you just activated my curiosity mode lol. If something like that comes out with "Tomb of the Sentients" i would just flip with happiness. Kinda like that happy chibi anime character that gets a candy lol. I'm a total sucker for content revealing story. Especially origin stories.

I just hope Ordo dies right before he gets his memories, I hate it that much.

Well yes, I mean while we all like the lore the whole point of the " oro" is to have something that players collect to "confirm" a PvP kill. That thing is called an "oro" hence that is what Tenno have.

The tenno seen to me to be highly powerful beings that come from human origin. Warframes refine that energy into a set of powers. We still don't know how the same tenno who uses a Rhino frame can fit into a Nyx frame, but I'm sure that the devs will, at some point, explain that or give all the frames male and female models. I do hope its the ladder because i don't like to crossplay (dude playing as a female). I do support the option for the female option I just don't like playing as a female.

Well yes, I mean while we all like the lore the whole point of the " oro" is to have something that players collect to "confirm" a PvP kill. That thing is called an "oro" hence that is what Tenno have.

But the thing is, if we're taking the Oro from a Tenno to 'confirm' the kill, wouldn't we be actually killing them? Turning it from Conclave into a literal deathmatch. Whereas if we have some other life-force, gonna call this 'Void Magic', for the hell of it, rather than an Oro, what the Sentients have, and the whole idea of Conclave is to prepare us for the Sentients. So if we have a simulated Oro, it's like we're killing Sentients, sort of.

But the thing is, if we're taking the Oro from a Tenno to 'confirm' the kill, wouldn't we be actually killing them?

Not if the Tenno can give it back, reviving the Tenno once more.

What if just taking the Oro do not kill a Tenno, just make them "mortal"?

But the thing is, if we're taking the Oro from a Tenno to 'confirm' the kill, wouldn't we be actually killing them? Turning it from Conclave into a literal deathmatch. Whereas if we have some other life-force, gonna call this 'Void Magic', for the hell of it, rather than an Oro, what the Sentients have, and the whole idea of Conclave is to prepare us for the Sentients. So if we have a simulated Oro, it's like we're killing Sentients, sort of.

Maybe they're return-able.

I think it's less that we're simulating killing sentients, more that its training us against the most dangerous force available to us: ourselves, and to properly kill a Tenno you need to gather it's Oro.

But you could be right, it should be a "sentient simulation" I just don't get that feeling from Teshin.

Oh, there is the quote from Steve:

That is the Oro, which represents the resurrection ability of Tenno and other enemies that Teshin is most concerned with

I think that puts the Tenno in the same boat as anyone else with an "Oro"

Edited by SilentMobius

It's on this I agree. While I say the Tenno have Oro themselves - as SilentMobius pointed out Steve said during a Devstream - I don't think we're actually taking their Oro from them in the Conclave matches. We're basically doing a simulation fight, like a war game, using actual weaponry and whatnot but not killing anyone - the Tenno can just GO that far with their ability to practice (using actual weapons) because they CAN'T die.

It's not the kind of thing Lotus would do - hence why Dojo Duels end after we reach the Bleedout state - but Teshin's looking to push us - truly push us - and there's no better way to do that than a REAL fight.

Oh I totally agree that the Conclave is a Training Arena and not a Gladiator Pit. (Gave me a vision of golden Emperors watching grineer gladiators in the Arena below. But that is for another day) and Tenno Certainly do not KILL each other.

They practice it, like blade masters fought untill first blood, or full cobtact combat where it ends when only one is left standing.

No, the real quistion is: is the Oro an added part, or part of the Life essence? Sentients seem to stay dead if the Oro is destroyed, so it might be a separate mechanic.

Oh, there is the quote from Steve:

I think that puts the Tenno in the same boat as anyone else with an "Oro"

'Represents' sounds a little... Wonky. Like, if Tenno do have an Oro, wouldn't he have said something like "It is the resurrection ability" not represents, represents sounds like it's as close as it can get to whatever it is that makes moderately immortal.

'Represents' sounds a little... Wonky. Like, if Tenno do have an Oro, wouldn't he have said something like "It is the resurrection ability" not represents, represents sounds like it's as close as it can get to whatever it is that makes moderately immortal.

He was pointing at a floating coloured blob on the screen at the time

You guys know that "taking the Oro" may be a symbolic representation of taking something from a body to have the kill confirmed, right? Like what Navy Seals do?

Yes but the "Confirm Kill" game mechanic is represented by taking dog tags in other games, in this game the thing taken is the "Oro" which has been explained as being a real, in-world thing via Teshin saying:

"Oro is the binding force for an enemy who like the Tenno can survive death"

and Steve saying

"That is the Oro, which represents the resurrection ability of Tenno and other enemies that Teshin is most concerned with" 

Edited by SilentMobius

Training excerise mock skirmishes between teams of Seals as I understand it; the 'killed' Seals would have their tags removed and taken by the 'killer' to confirm they died in the excerise.

Training excerise mock skirmishes between teams of Seals as I understand it; the 'killed' Seals would have their tags removed and taken by the 'killer' to confirm they died in the excerise.

Aye, that's basically the same principle here. Only now imagine that those Seals can't actually die, that they can come back from death no matter how grievous the wounds they sustain. This would allow those Seals to actually fully practice takedown maneuvers, for real, not just simulate them for practice. Much more direct. Much more efficient.

Again I doubt we're actually taking other Tenno's Oro, but are basically taking a "dog tag" version of it used for this training, but I do think we might ACTUALLY be going so far as to "kill" other Tenno in this training - but Tenno can't die, so it doesn't really matter.

Ooooohhhkaay lol. What the other guy said made it sound like they take trophies from real kills xD