Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

104 pages? Why? Alad V says he uses Tenno bones for Zanuka. Energy has no bones.

Vor calls us energy. Then Vor became energy.

Zanuka is made from warframe-parts I believe. But is there a corpse inside the warframe?

How can the Tenno jump from warframe to warframe regardless of size?

These questions, among others, are the reason for 104 pages. But in all honesty alot of interesting Lore-discussions have contributed to this impressive thread as well.

My theory in a nutshell:

1. Tenno touched by void energy cannot fully control their gift and their bodies are gradually consumed by it, eventually losing stability and even identity.

2. The original "Warframes" were Sentients that were corrupted and trapped in pain when contacting void energy to try and copy it.

3. The Technocyte virus acted as a symbiotic bridge between Tenno and Sentient; the Sentient finds peace and submits to the will of the Tenno; the Tenno is given a stable form and control over the Void powers as their body becomes energy.

4. Your current Tenno "energy being" Acquires weaponized, mass produced versions of these originals to use in combat and moves freely between them.

Hayden Tenno's power from Dark Dector does not conflict with this theory. The Rhino Codex somewhat supports it. It works with the game mechanics (shape and sex differences).

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

My theory in a nutshell:

1. Tenno touched by void energy cannot fully control their gift and their bodies are gradually consumed by it, eventually losing stability and even identity.

2. The original "Warframes" were Sentients that were corrupted and trapped in pain when contacting void energy to try and copy it.

3. The Technocyte virus acted as a symbiotic bridge between Tenno and Sentient; the Sentient finds peace and submits to the will of the Tenno; the Tenno is given a stable form and control over the Void powers as their body becomes energy.

4. Your current Tenno "energy being" Acquires weaponized, mass produced versions of these originals to use in combat and moves freely between them.

Hayden Tenno's power from Dark Dector does not conflict with this theory. The Rhino Codex somewhat supports it.

Proof? :P

Hence the use of the term "Theory" :). Ask me how the Tenno were able to so effectively and completely wipe out the Orokin at the Ceremony and WHY they did it ;).

Theories call for evidence to back them up. I see a lot of assumptions made on your part, but very little use of conclusive evidence - though you DID say in a nutshell, so...

And Hayden Tenno is best ignored. Dark Sector's got no impact on Warframe according to the Dev's.

But what's your take on the how and why of the end of the Orokin?

Hence the use of the term "Theory" :). Ask me how the Tenno were able to so effectively and completely wipe out the Orokin at the Ceremony and WHY they did it ;).

The Tenno didn't eradicate every single Orokin, but if they did, we're kind of immensely powerful super soldiers that use black holes as weapons.

The Tenno didn't eradicate every single Orokin, but if they did, we're kind of immensely powerful super soldiers that use black holes as weapons.

We didn't. We eliminated enough to cripple the Empire (in particular we seemed to have killed off a LARGE portion of the Council of Executors - Eviscerator Synth), and probably spent a while hunting others down post-massacre (as well as stopping the Infestation that was released in the chaos - C. Ancient Synth) and pretty much the Empire would never have even recovered from that first strike (hence Stalker's talk of it falling silent that day). But it's also possible that some of the meaningless Orokin managed to survive as well (i.e. the father from the Anti-Moa synth).

We didn't. We eliminated enough to cripple the Empire (in particular we seemed to have killed off a LARGE portion of the Council of Executors - Eviscerator Synth), and probably spent a while hunting others down post-massacre (as well as stopping the Infestation that was released in the chaos - C. Ancient Synth) and pretty much the Empire would never have even recovered from that first strike (hence Stalker's talk of it falling silent that day). But it's also possible that some of the meaningless Orokin managed to survive as well (i.e. the father from the Anti-Moa synth).

Is it accepted that a Tenno (Excalibur) saved Ontella? Maybe the Tenno had a mission to protect certain people, or were just helping defenseless people.

Is it accepted that a Tenno (Excalibur) saved Ontella? Maybe the Tenno had a mission to protect certain people, or were just helping defenseless people.

There's a lot of theories about what, exactly, saved Ontella, but it is pretty much accepted it WAS Tenno - a lone one or multiple being debated.

There are some who think that it was a group of Tenno, one of which was Trinity (the "healer" Ontella felt), that moved in and did it.

But I myself, and others, believe it was just a lone Tenno - Excalibur or something else - and the "another healer?" bit from Ontella is because both her as a Lorist and the Tenno had something in common - likely Void energy, given we know the Orokin revered and used it, and depending on what more we learn about the sentients it MAY have been Oro.

If not for the fact that it's confirmed the Sentients can't use the Void because it's toxic to them I'd say it was CERTAINLY Oro, but Teshin only ever directly mentions Oro in relation to the Sentients, and if Oro is Void energy then how can they use it?

Edited by Morec0

Theories call for evidence to back them up. I see a lot of assumptions made on your part, but very little use of conclusive evidence - though you DID say in a nutshell, so...

And Hayden Tenno is best ignored. Dark Sector's got no impact on Warframe according to the Dev's.

But what's your take on the how and why of the end of the Orokin?

Dark Sector's storyline, no, but Hayden Tenno's genetic legacy and the Technocyte virus I very much believe influence the Tennoverse.

My belief is that the Orokin built failsafe killswitches into their mass produced Warframes (Vor uses an inferior version on your initial frame; the Grustrag 3 also use a similar device).

I believe the Sentients were so lethal because they were a collective consciousness where one learned/adapted and they all learned/adapted (I'm very worried about Cephalons original programming).

When the Master Sentient was about to die, I believe it gifted a special individual with the power of "collective consciousness" and a warning. That individual would become The Lotus.

The Orokin leadership, fearing reprisal from it's citizens if it simply "kills off" the Tenno, plans a grand ceremony to "decommission" them.

But the Lotus had been given access to the innermost workings of the Orokin Empire, it's leaders, and technology. She had secretly communicated with all Tenno and deactivated their failsafe killswitches. She informed them on the Orokin's plans.

Knowing a second prolonged war would result in a total collapse, and that the Orokin would not rest, the Lotus and Tenno executed a simultaneous preemptive strike at the heart of the Empire, it's advanced weapons and key rulers, most of whom were at the ceremony. Fearing reprisal and further damage to the people of the Empire, the Tenno went into hiding and cryosleep.

Unfortunately, the system destabilized and devolved for many centuries due to the vacuum that was left. The table was set for the Grineer and Corpus to rise to power and once again threaten to unbalance the system.

Dark Sector's storyline, no, but Hayden Tenno's genetic legacy and the Technocyte virus I very much believe influence the Tennoverse.

My belief is that the Orokin built failsafe killswitches into their mass produced Warframes (Vor uses an inferior version on your initial frame; the Grustrag 3 also use a similar device).

I believe the Sentients were so lethal because they were a collective consciousness where one learned/adapted and they all learned/adapted (I'm very worried about Cephalons original programming).

When the Master Sentient was about to die, I believe it gifted a special individual with the power of "collective consciousness" and a warning. That individual would become The Lotus.

The Orokin leadership, fearing reprisal from it's citizens if it simply "kills off" the Tenno, plans a grand ceremony to "decommission" them.

But the Lotus had been given access to the innermost workings of the Orokin Empire, it's leaders, and technology. She had secretly communicated with all Tenno and deactivated their failsafe killswitches. She informed them on the Orokin's plans.

Knowing a second prolonged war would result in a total collapse, and that the Orokin would not rest, the Lotus and Tenno executed a simultaneous preemptive strike at the heart of the Empire, it's advanced weapons and key rulers, most of whom were at the ceremony. Fearing reprisal and further damage to the people of the Empire, the Tenno went into hiding and cryosleep.

Unfortunately, the system destabilized and devolved for many centuries due to the vacuum that was left. The table was set for the Grineer and Corpus to rise to power and once again threaten to unbalance the system.

Great ideas, but it seems the grineer/corpus were already in place well before the sentients. The downfall of the orokin, I think, happened simultaneously with the grineer/slave uprising and the tenno rebellion/murderfest.

Great ideas, but it seems the grineer/corpus were already in place well before the sentients. The downfall of the orokin, I think, happened simultaneously with the grineer/slave uprising and the tenno rebellion/murderfest.

Yes, one big mess. But the post-war seems to have gonen on for some time before the Tenno went intp cryo.

I'm more interested on where he's getting his headcanon 'fail-safe switches' from... 

I'm more interested on where he's getting his headcanon 'fail-safe switches' from...

If anything I would say the Orokin version of the Grustrag Bolt and Ascaris. Both are used to control and subdue the Tenno.

Where do you think the Grineer got those devices in the first place?

If the Oro is a thing in the Tenno, imagine the Orokin put a bomb there, snuffing out the Tennos chance of regeneration.

These three would have been VERY effective and cruel ways to ,

Keep the Tenno "Stoic and silent".

"Be a quiet and obedient Slave, and you may live to fight another day in service of the Glorious Orokin Empire."

If anything I would say the Orokin version of the Grustrag Bolt and Ascaris. Both are used to control and subdue the Tenno.

Where do you think the Grineer got those devices in the first place?

If the Oro is a thing in the Tenno, imagine the Orokin put a bomb there, snuffing out the Tennos chance of regeneration.

These three would have been VERY effective and cruel ways to ,

Keep the Tenno "Stoic and silent".

"Be a quiet and obedient Slave, and you may live to fight another day in service of the Glorious Orokin Empire."

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Tengus

"Tengus was successful in turning their violent tendencies toward the Tenno and soon handed the G3 over to Councilor Vey Hek to use in the battlefield. The means by which he did so was facilitated by his inventing the Grustag Bolt, producing so many of them that he suggested to Vay Hek that they be used alongside the G3 to help weaken the Tenno"

I mentioned this a long time ago when it was stated that the Tenno were exilted and frozen.

I came up with the idea that the Tenno were running wild and that after most Orokin left the few that stayed eventually got their hands on the Tenno off switch and that's how the Tenno ended up being put in boxes and a floating all over the place.

and, yes, it's being used differently.

I mentioned this a long time ago when it was stated that the Tenno were exilted and frozen.

I came up with the idea that the Tenno were running wild and that after most Orokin left the few that stayed eventually got their hands on the Tenno off switch and that's how the Tenno ended up being put in boxes and a floating all over the place.

and, yes, it's being used differently.

I doubt that's what happened. Like, couldn't Lotus have woken all of us up right after, and been all like "SURPRISE MOFOS!"?

If Lotus knew where they sent all the crypods, which she doesnt.

With the numbers of Tenno we're seeing she should have been able to find them pretty quickly, though. We've hit the point in Warframe's timeline where the Tenno were once again a mythos, "ghosts of history" as Vay Hek tells us, so this informs us that the Tenno have only recently begun to come out of cryosleep, and in fairly large numbers as well.

I find it unlikely that the Lotus was unable to find so many over the course of that entire period of time, yet now she's able to find and start awakening them in decent numbers.

Also, the effort of shutting them up, sealing them up, and locking them away suggests there's a LOT of effort going on there, effort that takes numbers and time, neither of which the Orokin had after the Betrayal - be it between the Tenno, the Infestation being unleashed, and the Grineer turning on them around the same time. - so the possibility of them doing so becomes very much unlikely. Unless we're talking about some massive doomsday-style 'shut all Tenno everywhere' down sort of thing, but if such a weapon existed why are the Corpus - modern descendants of those surviving Orokin - or the Grineer not looking for or attempting to replicate it?

If Lotus knew where they sent all the crypods, which she doesnt.

We do not know if Lotus is part of the Plan. We allso do not know if any part of that Plan is still in effect.

She tells the Tenno only what she wants them to know, and still insist that Tenno uphold balance.

This feels part of a grander scheme, something I have high hopes a future quest of Teshin will reveal to us.

With the numbers of Tenno we're seeing she should have been able to find them pretty quickly, though. We've hit the point in Warframe's timeline where the Tenno were once again a mythos, "ghosts of history" as Vay Hek tells us, so this informs us that the Tenno have only recently begun to come out of cryosleep, and in fairly large numbers as well.

I find it unlikely that the Lotus was unable to find so many over the course of that entire period of time, yet now she's able to find and start awakening them in decent numbers.

Also, the effort of shutting them up, sealing them up, and locking them away suggests there's a LOT of effort going on there, effort that takes numbers and time, neither of which the Orokin had after the Betrayal - be it between the Tenno, the Infestation being unleashed, and the Grineer turning on them around the same time. - so the possibility of them doing so becomes very much unlikely. Unless we're talking about some massive doomsday-style 'shut all Tenno everywhere' down sort of thing, but if such a weapon existed why are the Corpus - modern descendants of those surviving Orokin - or the Grineer not looking for or attempting to replicate it?

First, space is big, man. The number of Tenno now could be easily lost in one of the bigger countries so if they were scattered in space it would be way, way worst.

Second, the Grineer kept the infested a secret from the Lotus for who knows how long but long enough to develop weapons using infested parts.  Lotus isnt some super thing.

First, space is big, man. The number of Tenno now could be easily lost in one of the bigger countries so if they were scattered in space it would be way, way worst.

Second, the Grineer kept the infested a secret from the Lotus for who knows how long but long enough to develop weapons using infested parts.  Lotus isnt some super thing.

Exactly, she isn't. So how is it now she is finding and awakening them in great numbers all at once? And would she, could she, not have found some before and awakened them? But if she had, the Tenno would not have gained the mythos they once again achieved.

To me, it all smacks of the Tenno choosing to sleep. Choosing to go into the cryopods. Why? The balance. They're a part of it, and when all else is dealt they are the last equation that needs balancing - but they cannot end themselves, they might be needed again, so they choose to sleep.