Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Exactly, she isn't. So how is it now she is finding and awakening them in great numbers all at once? And would she, could she, not have found some before and awakened them? But if she had, the Tenno would not have gained the mythos they once again achieved.

Because now the Corpus are Grineer are finally making breakthroughs in Warframe tech.

They are both actively searching for them and Lotus goes on to steal the Tenno and frames from both.

To me, it all smacks of the Tenno choosing to sleep. Choosing to go into the cryopods. Why? The balance. They're a part of it, and when all else is dealt they are the last equation that needs balancing - but they cannot end themselves, they might be needed again, so they choose to sleep.

Im still going with what DE puts out until they changed it.

Because now the Corpus are Grineer are finally making breakthroughs in Warframe tech.

They are both actively searching for them and Lotus goes on to steal the Tenno and frames from both.

Im still going with what DE puts out until they changed it.

Hmm, a fair enough point, I suppose.

Yet they haven't made any statements in regards to this "sleeping" technology the Orokin supposidly have, nor why, if it was so effective, the Corpus - modern day descendants of the Orokin - or the Grineer - who ruled the system until they found they needed to use the Corpus' understanding of Orokin tech - haven't gotten their hands on it.

I don't think that really constitutes as proof, ordis flat out says we are wearing suits...that seals it for me. Whatever we look like without our frames has to be pretty flexible, I mean you wear a spacious rhino one minute, and then squeeze into a mag the next.

You are crossing in game mechanics with lore. Don't do that.

You are crossing in game mechanics with lore. Don't do that.

This..... Don't know why people mistake the freedom that DE gives us - to play whatever frames we want to it being a lore thing... Also with Lephantis saying "we are your flesh" and probably all the infested bosses out there.

If they are energy, why the hell would they take the humanoid form anyway.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

This..... Don't know why people mistake the freedom that DE gives us - to play whatever frames we want to it being a lore thing... Also with Lephantis saying "we are your flesh" and probably all the infested bosses out there.

Just ten men, like me, strapped in with the best zero-tech suits and weapons the empire could build... and "it". "It" stood in the aisle, a slender and eyeless metal form. A Tenno inside its Warframe. Vaguely human, vaguely feminine. Was this armor or some ornate carapace for the monster that lived inside?

That is how you hide something in plain sight.

Just ten men, like me, strapped in with the best zero-tech suits and weapons the empire could build... and "it". "It" stood in the aisle, a slender and eyeless metal form. A Tenno inside its Warframe. Vaguely human, vaguely feminine. Was this armor or some ornate carapace for the monster that lived inside?

Wut

If I'm not mistaken that's from the Mag codex right?

@EDIT: Mag Prime's codex from a little google searching.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mag/Prime

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Wut

Think of a mythological monster that hunts humans, what would be more obvious? That the one that looks monstrous or the one looks like a human?

edit: the Thread is still going!

Edited by Kao-Snake

Because it's not their choice. The Orokin need a weapon, the Orokin make the rules. As to why they're humanoid in the first place: anthrocentrism.

I believe that, without the Warframes, the Tenno HAVE no form - hence why when the Mirage Warframe was lost the Tenno in it was lost, hence why we simply don't leave our Warframe to await another one when Vor puts the Ascaris into us. They are more ghost than energy being, as I see it, though they certainly have the power of the Void at their beck and call.

Because it's not their choice. The Orokin need a weapon, the Orokin make the rules. As to why they're humanoid in the first place: anthrocentrism.

I believe that, without the Warframes, the Tenno HAVE no form - hence why when the Mirage Warframe was lost the Tenno in it was lost, hence why we simply don't leave our Warframe to await another one when Vor puts the Ascaris into us. They are more ghost than energy being, as I see it, though they certainly have the power of the Void at their beck and call.

What would it mean when Vor says: "Now the Ascaris has reached your spine..." I cant think of it being the spine of the Warframe but of the Tenno, and if they are formless, how was that possible? And reminds me of that movie where... well, some people put a big (thick as a forearm and half as long) worm like thing in the base of your back and it crawls under your skin and up your spine to go to your brain and eat it, it was a torture and an execution from what I remember, movie was already old when I saw it 17 or so years ago.

What would it mean when Vor says: "Now the Ascaris has reached your spine..." I cant think of it being the spine of the Warframe but of the Tenno, and if they are formless, how was that possible? And reminds me of that movie where... well, some people put a big (thick as a forearm and half as long) worm like thing in the base of your back and it crawls under your skin and up your spine to go to your brain and eat it, it was a torture and an execution from what I remember, movie was already old when I saw it 17 or so years ago.

I simply think of it being the spine of the Warframe. "Now the Sacaris has reached your spine and I will control this Warframe of yours." Not "I will control your body", but I will control your Warframe. But that IS interpretationable.

All I know is that Steve once said the closest theory he'd seen was "brain in a jar", which implies that it isn't itself brain in a jar (brain and perhaps spine being switched between the frames). Which leads me to conclude that the important part of that analogy, the consciousness, is to be maintained while the brain and spine is taken out of the equation - for me, based on my readings, that gives us a soul possessing the host Warframe.

"We took the twisted few that had returned from that place"

I don't think "energies" or "ghosts" should be mentioned this way. 

Here's what I think:

Warframe took an alternate path to Dark Sector (you're probably tired of me mentioning Dark Sector over and over), Robert Mezner in Dark Sector tried to create a "new race" based on the infestation virus. This is where the alternate path starts, what replaces Robert Mezner in Warframe is the Orokin(or someone else more specific that "invented" them in the first place, maybe we'll get to know in the near future when the lore is more revealing), and this "new race" is the Tenno. 

Now, the Orokin created the plague (now know as Infested) to either gene modifying or gene experimenting, to battle against the Sentients, but it obviously didn't work, then they took the infested humans that can somehow "survive" the infestation and "manipulates" it, but not all humans that are infected survive, thus the word "few" (you probably already know what I'm getting at here, another lame Dark Sector speculation about how it connects with Warframe), if not, then what I'm saying is that there are other individuals like Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector and that the Orokin took them and "built the frame around them and gave them the weapons of the old ways". From what we've seen, the Sentients are more robotic than organic, and infested creatures can "consumes" robotic beings (moas, drones, etc).

Why do I think they are individuals like Hayden Tenno(Infected with the virus, survived, gets op power)? Because the word "twisted" here is the key. "Twisted" here I believe refer to how the infestation "twist" the humans.

If it's about a soul possessing an object, then that'd sounds too religious or too superstitious.

And uh, also, I just found something while searching for that one exact sentence from the Orokin:

"The Tenno are descendants of an ancient and mystical civilization of lost warriors from the Orokin era on Earth. Preserved in cryopods for centuries, the Tenno now awaken to a new war, fighting and resisting warring factions as the sole bearers of the Orokin-created Warframes.  While the memories of the Tenno have faded over time, their mastery of guns, blades, and Warframe exo-armor has not."

It's from the game description on the website. => https://warframe.com/game/factions/tenno

Also have to wonder about where they get this "soul" from if we're following your speculation. And why that specific "soul" but not just anyone? How can a formless being express its emotions? Wear armors?

Also the line:

"Preserved in cryopods for centuries, the Tenno awaken to a new war, fighting and resisting the Grineer Empire’s stranglehold on the solar system."

Why do they need to be preserved? One question leads to another 10 questions they say. 

Even they call Excalibur a suit: "The perfect training Warframe: the Excalibur suit..."

https://warframe.com/game/warframes

What's the bottom line of this: You - the players, are the Tenno, you are the "brain" that controls the warframe in this game - "jar".

Edited by AlphaWolf003

I simply think of it being the spine of the Warframe. "Now the Sacaris has reached your spine and I will control this Warframe of yours." Not "I will control your body", but I will control your Warframe. But that IS interpretationable.

All I know is that Steve once said the closest theory he'd seen was "brain in a jar", which implies that it isn't itself brain in a jar (brain and perhaps spine being switched between the frames). Which leads me to conclude that the important part of that analogy, the consciousness, is to be maintained while the brain and spine is taken out of the equation - for me, based on my readings, that gives us a soul possessing the host Warframe.

And who else can control the Warframes? The Tenno. You control the Tenno in some way, you control the Warframe alongside it. Besides, the Tenno being formless is jossed by Kaleen in Ember Codex when she identifies us as "Children", we have a form, but if we change and mold it...

What's the bottom line of this? You - the players, are the "brain", the Tenno that controls the warframe in this game - "jar".

DE wants us to roleplay as the Tenno and immerse with the game. It's a simple concept yet well hidden, as arch111 said.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

And who else can control the Warframes? The Tenno. You control the Tenno in some way, you control the Warframe alongside it. Besides, the Tenno being formless is jossed by Kaleen in Ember Codex when she identifies us as "Children", we have a form, but if we change and mold it...

Hence why I don't think we were ALWAYS formless. I don't think the Void MADE us formless, but I think it separated our consciousness and our body. We had a body initially, one that could be interacted with, touched; unfortunately, the consciousness, the soul, of the Tenno was infused with Void energy - radiation; hence the burns. The body could wither, the body could die, but the consciousness, like energy, was eternal - as LONG as it had a host to occupy; and, at first, that was their body.

Then came the Rhino Prime Codex and Davis' realization that the creatures he and the narrator had been working on could be hosts for these "demons of the Void". After that, the Orokin would move us into these new bodies, the Warframes, making living, breathing, thinking weapons out of us, and of our old bodies? Well, they weren't needed - even if they were still functional they were inferior to the Warframes.

Better to dispose of them, the Orokin would say, keep our trump card in our pocket.

Just one of a list of reasons for the Tenno to turn on them, imo.

What's the bottom line of this? You - the players, are the Tenno, you are the "brain" that controls the warframe in this game - "jar".

DE wants us to roleplay as the Tenno and immerse with the game. It's a simple concept yet well hidden, as arch111 said.

It's impossible to roleplay as something and immerse yourself if you don't know what you are. I'm not even sure if we can speak or not - though I'm leaning more and more towards yes, just not to enemies.

Think of a mythological monster that hunts humans, what would be more obvious? That the one that looks monstrous or the one looks like a human?

edit: the Thread is still going!

They called it vaguely human. Not really hiding in plain sight.

They called it vaguely human. Not really hiding in plain sight.

Aye, the Warframes are vaguely human. But that's not the line of interest:

Was this armor or some ornate carapace for the monster that lived inside?

At least, that's what I'm assuming Arch wanted to point out. I'm not him, I'm not in his head, but that's what stuck with me when reading it.

Hence why I don't think we were ALWAYS formless. I don't think the Void MADE us formless, but I think it separated our consciousness and our body. We had a body initially, one that could be interacted with, touched; unfortunately, the consciousness, the soul, of the Tenno was infused with Void energy - radiation; hence the burns. The body could wither, the body could die, but the consciousness, like energy, was eternal - as LONG as it had a host to occupy; and, at first, that was their body.

Then came the Rhino Prime Codex and Davis' realization that the creatures he and the narrator had been working on could be hosts for these "demons of the Void". After that, the Orokin would move us into these new bodies, the Warframes, making living, breathing, thinking weapons out of us, and of our old bodies? Well, they weren't needed - even if they were still functional they were inferior to the Warframes.

Better to dispose of them, the Orokin would say, keep our trump card in our pocket.

Just one of a list of reasons for the Tenno to turn on them, imo.

It's impossible to roleplay as something and immerse yourself if you don't know what you are. I'm not even sure if we can speak or not - though I'm leaning more and more towards yes, just not to enemies.

Not sure if you've heard or played a Fallout game, but in that game, you, the protagonist(roleplaying), is dead silence, you just select the dialogues given to you to choose(*cough* what DE gave us in the update with Cephalon Simaris when you talk to him *cough*), each option rejects a little bit of your trait and personality, you have no(or little hints) or limited knowledges of your past, you're supposed to think of one for your own character that you're roleplaying, I've said this somewhere before on another topic, each Tenno has a unique personality, not all are the same, all are morally good or bad, this is because it is controlled by you the players, you get to choose what to do and what not, shape your own. This game could have been influenced by it.

If you've taken a notice on Defenses missions, where you defend these cryopods (those that looked exactly like the cryopod you were sleeping in), it's even shown that the cryopod is "Warframe Cryopod" if you hover your cursor to it.

And what's inside these cryopods? A human in some sort of clothing with a Lotus mark on its masking head. 

Conclusions? A humanoid figure(like all Warframes are shaped for) wearing clothes with all human like parts and sizes inside a Warframe Cryopod = ???

http://imgur.com/sorAX4k

sorAX4k.jpg

Also, I did a tons of friggin edits on the other long wall of text post to add little details I wanted to add >_>.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Not sure if you've heard or played a Fallout game, but in that game, you, the protagonist(roleplaying), is dead silence, you just select the dialogues given to you to choose(*cough* what DE gave us in the update with Cephalon Simaris when you talk to him *cough*), each option rejects a little bit of your trait and personality, you have no(or little hints) or limited knowledges of your past, you're supposed to think of one for your own character that you're roleplaying, I've said this somewhere before on another topic, each Tenno has a unique personality, not all are the same, all are morally good or bad, this is because it is controlled by you the players, you get to choose what to do and what not, shape your own. This game could have been influenced by it.

If you've taken a notice on Defenses missions, where you defend these cryopods (those that looked exactly like the cryopod you were sleeping in), it's even shown that the cryopod is "Warframe Cryopod" if you hover your cursor to it.

And what's inside these cryopods? A human in some sort of clothing with a Lotus mark on its masking head. 

Conclusions? A humanoid figure(like all Warframes are shaped for) wearing clothes with all human like parts and sizes inside a Warframe Cryopod = ???

http://imgur.com/sorAX4k

sorAX4k.jpg

Also, I did a tons of friggin edits on the other long wall of text post to add little details I wanted to add >_>.

Aye, but you also don't have characters calling yours "mute peasants" in Fallout. The Simaris thing is precisely what is leading me to reconsider, it's just a matter of figuring out what "mute peasants" means.

As for that figure, I believe that to be a representational piece. They're called Warframe cryopods, but there ain't a Warframe in them. I think they use this more barebones thing to give the look of something being in it from the outside without having to worry about the shapes and designs of Warframes poking through the pods.

^ Well I don't think you will want to speak anymore words to the guy who just literally cut your only friends into parts and sell them to the highest bidders like an object, but rather kill him immediately. Plus I think what makes Alad call us mute peasants is when he is with the captured Tennos, he probably says all sort of things but received no answers because Tennos are resilient and (probably swore a vow, or sacred oath). I don't know, might just be my simple minded mind prevents me to think deeper.

As for the one in the cryopod, you can craft warframes, [assumption] so even if the Tennos in the cryopods don't have a frame, they could always build one suitable for them[/assumption].

Edited by AlphaWolf003

At least, that's what I'm assuming Arch wanted to point out. I'm not him, I'm not in his head, but that's what stuck with me when reading it.

Yes. The warframes are described as "warrior gods of steel" by the Orokin. The armors look demonic and monstrous, hinting at a human inside.

That is what the soldier in Mag Prime remembers, the Tenno Project, the rumors of supersoldiers with inhuman powers, the talk of something returning from the Void - but nothing returns from the Void ever - and suddenly that "propaganda" is standing there, unfazed by battle, spaceinertia, the Bending or the fact the ship get torn to pieces.

He is afraid if Mag. Very afraid.

"Our safetys are off. Can we trust it?"

They're talking about warframes hiding in plain sight.

They're talking about warframes hiding in plain sight.

To be clear, Tenno hiding in plain sight. The question was why humanoid if Tenno are energy, or other form of life?

Tenno USED to be human, it is Lore. So they need a human host, neural pathways, muscles, blood.

As for the shape of the warframes, they could all look like spiders, but why would they?

To be clear, Tenno hiding in plain sight. The question was why humanoid if Tenno are energy, or other form of life?

Tenno USED to be human, it is Lore. So they need a human host, neural pathways, muscles, blood.

As for the shape of the warframes, they could all look like spiders, but why would they?

I would have chosen a faster and more durable body. Like a horse. Andalitish.

360 degree sight would be helpful.

Just saying, humanoid isn't the best form.

Completely off topic though :P

To me, it all smacks of the Tenno choosing to sleep. Choosing to go into the cryopods. 

Because we're the Demons of Razgriz! :P

Aye, but you also don't have characters calling yours "mute peasants" in Fallout. The Simaris thing is precisely what is leading me to reconsider, it's just a matter of figuring out what "mute peasants" means.

I'm still going with we either took a vow of silence, or we only talk when it's absolutely necessary. Salad (that was him that made the comment, right? That event was before my time) interprets us as mutes, and... Peasants.