Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

I think what Arch is saying is that previous to that people were like "oh, they have powers like Hayden Tenno, so it must come from the same source",that source being Technocyte and when the Void came in we learned otherwise about them.

Personally, though, I do still equate the powers to the Warframes directly and the Warframes I equate to being of Infested (ergo technocyte) origin, so in some respects I can still see the link they're seeing - though I do dismiss Dark Sector as a point of influence in Warframe's universe.

Fair enough, It seemed to me to be more inferring design-direction rather than fan-assumption, but I'm happy to be mistaken.

I do hope that Equinox comes with a quest and some background, I'd hate for such an interesting Warframe to be stuffed on a boss without any explanation. Looks like we're not getting another Synthesis target for a while.

Well at least I have Shadowplay working again so I can video-cap all the juicy lore first time ;) (Well assuming the mission audio queues play, I missed most of the Limbo and Mirage info the first time, due to broken quests.)

Fair enough, It seemed to me to be more inferring design-direction rather than fan-assumption, but I'm happy to be mistaken.

I do hope that Equinox comes with a quest and some background, I'd hate for such an interesting Warframe to be stuffed on a boss without any explanation. Looks like we're not getting another Synthesis target for a while.

Well at least I have Shadowplay working again so I can video-cap all the juicy lore first time ;) (Well assuming the mission audio queues play, I missed most of the Limbo and Mirage info the first time, due to broken quests.)

I too hope for Equinox to come via quest.

The whole "Tenno are energy" theory was a bunch of people taking something Vor said too literally, then passing it around to the point where it was so widely acknowledged people assumed it was fact.

True. But DE cauased a snowball effect by being so vague that anything in the Lore became potentially dynamite.

You do realize that when Vor himself turned into a living energybar, the spiritual speeches delivered to us earlier came into a brand new light.

I dont think DE have openly declared Tenno to NOT be energy.

Didn't see anywhere mentioning a Hayden Tenno in Warframe universe, but both universe definitely have similarities (Great Plague, men in badass suits (always remind me of Prototype, love that game, also where I got my ideas of mutated or infected human survivors inside Warframes), powers, etc) . But I was talking about the "ideas" they said they took from the game. Surely it couldn't just be Warframes, but other things as well. 

Doesn't see mention of Hayden TENNO in WF?! Seriously?! 

Doesn't see mention of Hayden TENNO in WF?! Seriously?! 

This is like saying Owen Gradey in Jurassic World and Mr. Gradey from the Shining are the same person because they share a name and they were both caretakers.

A BETTER indication of Hayden Tenno being in the Warframe universe would be his name written on some Warframes in Tennobet, but even that may just be an Easter Egg - which, given DE's comments about "4/10ths" canonicity is the more likely scenario.

Yes. I am hoping a Sentient will be a part of the new update. Preferably with God-speak and lore that will shatter our Lore-debates.

Mynki said we would meet them sooner than we think.

From the sound of it, it might only be a Sentient. 'Echos' does not roll off the tongue like 'full scale invasion'. :P

Guys, first Tenno is a human. Did you ever played darkSector? There Nyx with Nemesis skin as a bad guy hit a human with some kind of sh*t and then that human turns into an Excalibur with Proto-Armor skin. And I read somewhere that game darkSector ir somehow related with Warframe. We can conclude that we are humans affected by something BUT not turning into monsters as infested is. So we are somehow almoust immune for that 'virus'.

Guys, first Tenno is a human. Did you ever played darkSector? There Nyx with Nemesis skin as a bad guy hit a human with some kind of sh*t and then that human turns into an Excalibur with Proto-Armor skin. And I read somewhere that game darkSector ir somehow related with Warframe. We can conclude that we are humans affected by something BUT not turning into monsters as infested is. So we are somehow almoust immune for that 'virus'.

This comes up a lot, but the Dev's have stated that Dark Sector is only 4/10th's canon. And even without that the conditions under which the Tenno of Warframe and Hayden Tenno were altered are wildly different - Hayden Tenno was infected with Technocyte while the Warframe Tenno were exposed to the Void, which Hayden never was - and thus what they became would logically be different as well.

I'm frikn done explaining it.

This comes up a lot, but the Dev's have stated that Dark Sector is only 4/10th's canon. And even without that the conditions under which the Tenno of Warframe and Hayden Tenno were altered are wildly different - Hayden Tenno was infected with Technocyte while the Warframe Tenno were exposed to the Void, which Hayden never was - and thus what they became would logically be different as well.

^That^

I realize that I'm responding to the title of a 113 page thread here, but for me it just comes down to this;

'Energy' is not a physical thing that objects can be made out of. It is a scientific concept. It is numbers.

To suggest that something can be made of energy is dumb. When Captain Vor says that he is energy, he is being a dumb.

Stawp. 

I realize that I'm responding to the title of a 113 page thread here, but for me it just comes down to this;

'Energy' is not a physical thing that objects can be made out of. It is a scientific concept. It is numbers.

To suggest that something can be made of energy is dumb. When Captain Vor says that he is energy, he is being a dumb.

Stawp. 

Unless Tenno are some sort of tantric demons possesing suits of armor, as the design references to budhistic religion suggests. Intangible spirits count as energy, right? It certainly seems like that happened to Vor.

Unless Tenno are some sort of tantric demons possesing suits of armor, as the design references to budhistic religion suggests. Intangible spirits count as energy, right? It certainly seems like that happened to Vor.

I suspect that has more to do with the funky void key he was carrying around all the time rather than him being an actual spirit, but I tend to favor explanations that don't essentially amount to 'Because MAGIC!'.

Vor is referring to the fact that we act as batteries for the suit's abilities and functions. Not that we are 'energy' itself, we are giving off void radiation from unshielded exposure to the void. That in turn is harnessed by the technocyte suits we wear to do cool stuff. Powers that theoretically the suits could do without us but requiring metabolism and individualsm. In this case, we have the strength from infested mutations linked to the void energy of trained individuals who are more individually intelligent and capable of controlled destruction. I believe this also why so many light infested only are Parasitic Eximus. Think of it like the EMW research someone mentioned earlier as a possible reason for the Lorist's healing ability, while normally, most creatures do not give off enough electromagetics to do much of anything useful; consider that whatever mutation you gained from being exposed to a dimension made of electromagnetic radiation made your native electromagnetics sync to the background radiation. This would cause you to give off electromagnetic radiation that could be felt and assimilated by other creatures.

Vor also mentions in the same speach and others like during Arid Fear, that we are flesh and blood, that he has taken us from our suits - dead, and the suits no longer worked. Lt. Kril makes a statement during his boss fight that the Tenno are flesh and blood under their suits, and since they are flesh and blood, they can bleed. The only person that should know better that thinks we are the suits themselves, is Alad V. Who makes several mentions of taking us apart when he refers to the warframes, and mentions we have no eyes when he is most likely talking about the suit, on top of this he sends an infested Mesa against us - which the Lotus says is not a Tenno - when he could have sent an infested Tenno itself if we in fact can be infested normally.

I must have missed the Buddhist reference, mine pointing that one out? I mean the Mag Prime entry has the Zero tech soldier being a bit poetic about how mythical we are but I haven't read any references to us possessing armor as incoporeal 'demons' or any heavy Buddhist references. The Lotus itself is a common symbol of death and rebirth in many cultures especially eastern ones, but not limited to Buddhist beliefs. One could make a case for the Void itself being a heavy handed buddhist connection as some branches believe that oneness with the universe becomes emptiness in perfection, but outside its name, the Void doesn't seem to connect to the Buddhist ideal - a black hole might do it better I guess; where everything becomes unified and individualality is annihilated. I would love to hear about these connections if I missed them.