Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Augments Lack Synergy

xenozid

despoil - drain your HP instead of mana when casting desecrate

shield of shadows - dmg received is shared with summons

theory: forgo efficiency mods for a massive shadow army cast for 150mana (blind rage etc.). the now astronomically expensive desecrate that would inflict 75HP dmg to yourself goes through the 90% dmg reduction from a maxed army (15+) resulting in a cost of 8HP (even better than 13 drain from max efficiency). AWESOME! SYNERGY! UNIQUE MOD LOADOUT! WELL CONSTRUCTED DE!

problem: doesn't work that way. despoil drains 75HP  -______________-

bug? intended? opinions? feedback?

(p.s.: iirc rage mod does work with despoil, increasing my hopes this is just an oversight/bug)

Edited by xenon_nobelium

I think the devs assume that players will only run with one augment; mainly because there just isn't room for two augments in the small mod space that is available.

But yea, his don't synergize, but I think it i because they aren't meant to.

Edited by R34LM

Disagree for both the central point and the way you exposed it.

I've been playing Nekros since its release, something to soak damage was heavily needed.

Terrify and the base SotD utility weren't enough.

Shield of Shadows still clings to Nekros' mechanics and performs even without the need to modding for it.

Why would you think Damage Resistance would in any way impact Despoil? If this was the case armor would impact the cost. Despoil just turns your health pool into a mana pool for desecrating, allowing you to save your energy for other things like soul punching peoples souls back in or spamming shadows.

Despoil does in fact synergize because it allows you to spam desecrate and sill have energy for other powers without needing to focus on efficiency, which hurts duration, which hurts shadows.

Pro tip: use Equilibrium and rejuvenation as your aura.

As the above poster said:

There is Synergy.

Desecrate usually pops up health orbs making Despoil self-sufficent.

The Shadows augment offers Damage mitigation like an offensive version of Link/Chroma Ice Elemental Ward/Mesa Shatter Shield

With Desecrate only needing health, you have plenty of power to utilize other abilities besides Desecrate-spam.

Equilibrium is a match-made in.....

In my opinion, Nekros, Hydroid, and Frost are examples of where Augments slotted on the abilities page would be most beneficial as they have multiple augments that can be useful, but the mod slot is almost needed to boost said augment.

Like trying to make room for all 3 augments and still have a useful build.

Frost's Ice Wave Impedance is an example where Non-Augment does not get affected by duration, but the Augment is affected by duration. (In contrast: Prolonged Paralysis extends stun duration based on Power Strength. Neither Augment nor regular Paralysis are affected by Duration)

I agree with the original post.

Nekros lacks sinergy in his augment mods. One thing is talking about Rage (which does not work iirc) or Equilibrium. This is offtopic.

The topic at hand, is, wether is augment mods should work together (stack together) and currently they do not. I believe that the original post has a suggestion that is worth checking, even if presented in a "not so polite manner".

Would such sinergy be overpowered? I believe it would not. Should it be implemented? As a Nekros player as well, I would like to see it.

I thought its because damage and cost are considered different. i know this seems like strange logic at first but if you play card games like magic or yugioh, this makes sense. yes, i still think it would be cool if they synergized but but the abilities themselves dont even synergize. NArrow minded makes the desecrate range nothing and there is no room for two augments, range,power and duration mods, and health.

They don't have to be synergistic, where does it say that they do?

The problem I have with Nekros' augments is that they are all good.  I can't saccrifice 3 slots on any warframe, let alone Nekros. He has some mandatory mods like Natural talent because Desecrate and Shadows of the Dead have a ridiuclously slow casting animation. You also MUST use fleeting expertise. I tried running something else and it just ended poorly. The loss to duration isn't a big deal though, and can be compensated with a primed continuity (assuming you have a maxed one). All in all, Nekros is a shining example of why we need augment slots or some way to equip augments other than by slotting them into warframes.

If you meant Shadows damage mitigation having an effect on Despoil, then no.

Viral proc which removes 1/2 health does not get mitigated or trigger Rage.

Same is applied to self-damaging abilities.

-It doesn't treat Despoil as an outside damaging attack much like a Viral proc and instead just treating as a mechanic applied to health.

Hysteria delayed damage aura (Would have to test, usually don't stand in heavy enemy fire on the rare occasion I use Hysteria. But usually it is lethal damage if Hysteria wears off and you are still in heavy-fire so the damage spike does not trigger Rage nor consume energy via Quick-Thinking...as it is Over health kill damage)

In the end I still stand by there being Synergy in that Despoil makes Desecrate self-sufficient and thus the energy not consumed can be used for his other abilities with or without Augments.

Only reason people mentioned mods like Equilibrium, was OP's mention of removing an Efficiency Mod like Fleeting Expertise

The duration deficit does not play kindly with Shadows of the Dead.(Equilibrium lusts for Despoil because Health=Energy Energy=Health and having abilities that are consuming both Health & Energy and both are replaced with either pick-up...)

Despoil is more Shadows Friendly by the reasons listed above and in prior post.

http://goo.gl/rdILN6 this was the build in question i was hoping would work. got really exited theory crafting this but reality hit hard...i mean...look at it, it's beautiful. but -73hp for one desecrate is too harsh. i was just dreaming of a nekros that could finally be a powerful necromantic without losing his survival crutch role (bring a non-desecrate spamming nekros -> get crucified). i thought DE finally got it right, the build made too much sense. but no fun allowed it seems, nekros has to be just the gravedigging loot-gimp with the occasional terrify on the mad dash to the exit after a 1h+ survival.

(on a side note: anyone tested despoil triggering "on damage-arcanes"? semms this idea is also shot down now)

Nekro, but I'll add another thought to this thread.

When you think about it, Nekros' augs do synergize, albeit in a roundabout way. Consider the following:

You're scrubbing the ground like a good little bone daddy.

You have Despoil equipped.

You Desecrate some corpses and lose health by doing so.

Suddenly, a teammate goes down. You Soul Punch him back to life, but now your energy's gone.

It turns out you have Equilibrium equipped, so you gather up your health orbs and gain both health and energy back in the process.

Meanwhile, Shield of Shadows is mitigating some of the damage you're taking, making this process easier.

-

I'm curious to see what Terrify's aug will be. I'm almost certain it's going to make Terrified enemies freeze in place, since that's suggested a lot around these parts. Nekros' real problem is that he's starved for movelsots; there are a lot of ways to build him, but none of them are truly satisfying. I hope we're able to install augs through the ability screen or somesuch some day, but I don't have much hope.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Nekro, but I'll add another thought to this thread.

When you think about it, Nekros' augs do synergize, albeit in a roundabout way. Consider the following:

You're scrubbing the ground like a good little bone daddy.

You have Despoil equipped.

You Desecrate some corpses and lose health by doing so.

Suddenly, a teammate goes down. You Soul Punch him back to life, but now your energy's gone.

It turns out you have Equilibrium equipped, so you gather up your health orbs and gain both health and energy back in the process.

Meanwhile, Shield of Shadows is mitigating some of the damage you're taking, making this process easier.

-

I'm curious to see what Terrify's aug will be. I'm almost certain it's going to make Terrified enemies freeze in place, since that's suggested a lot around these parts. Nekros' real problem is that he's starved for movelsots; there are a lot of ways to build him, but none of them are truly satisfying. I hope we're able to install augs through the ability screen or somesuch some day, but I don't have much hope.

Big +1

Nekros and Hydroid and great examples of where Augments slotted on abilities tab would male them more balanced gameplay-wise to other Warframes as their Augments expand play style.

yeah, nekros got the unique problem that his augments are all very good AND he got the mandatory equilibrium and natural talent mods to fit in. he's really starved for mod slots, one or more augment exclusive extra slots would be appreciated. also you'll always need to mod for desecrate as your primary concern.

that all said, the build i posted got tested by my clanmates and me and it can sustain a decent despoil frequency with a few extra precautions even without equilibrium. you just need to select the right times to desecrate(when there are many coprses in the vicinity) instead of perma spam and bring a good launcher weapon linke tonkor or torid to have your 15 shadows refilled in the 45s duration to insta recast. with a trinity in the team all caution goes out the window of course  but the goal of the build was self sustainability.

Edited by xenon_nobelium