Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Did It Guys

Sixty5

Um what the hell there is only the anouncement of free Skyrim and paid mods there and its in german lol

example:

Hinweis: Um auf bezahlte Mods zugreifen zu können, benötigt ihr ein eigenes Exemplar von Skyrim.

Tranlates to:

Attention: you need an own copy of skyrim if you want the PAYED MODS to work

funny ... the whole site states paying for mods ... is this sarcastic?? because we have obviously lost reading this article

Als Modder habt ihr nun die Möglichkeit, eure Kreationen zu einem von euch selbst bestimmten Preis anzubieten.

Tranlates: As a Modder you now have the chance to set any price for your creation on your own free will (sounds like you can ahnge it anytime you want also ... like 1$ to 100000000000$ ina  nanosecond)

Edited by Severuslanskerr

They'll try it again.  Just on a newer game, with a less set-in-stone modding community.

The battle is won, but the war has only just begun.

Possibly, but bethesda modders always seemed like the biggest mod community. 

maybe that is just my bias. 

Finally!

The consumer wins!

If this killed the system as a whole, the consumer has lost in the long run. When properly curated, the system allows the best modders to treat it as a real job, greatly increasing the attractiveness of making said mods good.

As they said in the article, the better modders made more in an extremely short time than many of the original developers did. That sort of incentive greatly improves quality and variety.

Um what the hell there is only the anouncement of free Skyrim and paid mods there and its in german lol

example:

Hinweis: Um auf bezahlte Mods zugreifen zu können, benötigt ihr ein eigenes Exemplar von Skyrim.

Tranlates to:

Attention: you need an own copy of skyrim if you want the PAYED MODS to work

funny ... the whole site states paying for mods ... is this sarcastic?? because we have obviously lost reading this article

Als Modder habt ihr nun die Möglichkeit, eure Kreationen zu einem von euch selbst bestimmten Preis anzubieten.

Tranlates: As a Modder you now have the chance to set any price for your creation on your own free will (sounds like you can ahnge it anytime you want also ... like 1$ to 100000000000$ ina  nanosecond)

On the english post there is an update at the top saying that the system is being repealed:

7m7.png

Edited by egregiousRac

On the english post there is an update at the top saying that the system is being repealed.

thanks very much

i know that im currently in germany but i didnt know that the website had to FORCE that on me

... i prefer the most updated english versions ) just look at the german wiki and the full english one ...

Edited by Severuslanskerr

thanks very much i know that im currently in germany but i didnt know that the website was FORCING that on me ... i prefer the most updated english versions ) just look at the german wiki and the full english one ...

Regional forcing is silly. For me it took me to a language selection when I first loaded the page.

Yeah. Valve and EA should have a little talk...

Here is a fun fact:

Most developers make more per sale on Steam at 75% off than they do at full price on consoles.

As for the system, if anybody actually read the article that was linked to they would see the logic behind the system. The principal is entirely sound, but the decision to avoid curating things in order to keep it open was what backfired.

Also, good old Dorkly being as lazy as ever:

7m9.png

Edited by egregiousRac