Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Everything Get Nerfed?

Kashuken

Every times i see a anti nerf thread i always wonder is WF the only game you guys have ever played? Nerf happens. Even in freaking offline games there are patches that nerf OP stuff. Nerf happens to change the meta. Dynamic meta is good for a game. Adapt and move on. 

Excal is useless got heavily nerfed, Oberon is useless, Nekros is press 3 atm and you named 3 weapon out of many which are still useless.

Addressed Excal in my previous post. Oberon is good now, Nekros is far better than he was before. If you think Rakta and heavy weapons and Torid are bad you're a mindless DPS-chaser.

Two reasons, balance and continual carrot chasing which is essential to grind games. The latter is likely the majority of reasons to any change deemed as a nerf. Having the best of anything loses any incentive to play or work towards anything else.

Why cant we have a good solid strong range of weapons and warframes which can be used to last for 60m T4 if we want?

Don't give me PVP as a reason because it is unbalanced and frankly is terrible.

Look at Ember, terrible frame with terrible abilities now which can be outclassed by the grineer/corpus or infested own flame ability which is better than Embers 4th.

Look at the recent nerf to Nova, so what if you can chain AMD why is that a bad thing?

Same happens to weapons to the point where you have a handful left which are useful and no one bothers with others unless it is for mastery points.

It is already at the point where there is a set meta for doing a T4 defence or survival or even a farm because it is what works because everything else is crap. 

Everytime something comes out and actually works and is useful it gets nerfed. 

When was the last time a useless warframe or weapon which is never/rarely used got a buff?

Why cant warframes/weapons be powerful instead of crap or mediocre? 

They aren't nerfs if they are bug fixes. AMD was never intended to work that way.

Also things are "fixed" or "nerfed" because the truth is a game simply isn't fun if it is no challenge at all, what is the point getting to wave 60 when you're granny can do it while cleaning her teeth.

The game is full of players of differing opinion, some want difficulty, some hate players that can practically solo the whole thing in a team game and some just want to one shot everything.

If the question is instead, why they nerf something like Gammacor?  It's because a weapon that is the king of the hill just made every other weapon obsolete (including new ones).  In a weapon collectable game that is dumb.

I don`t think DE made a mistake when they decided to nerf something... But they made big mistakes in OVER-NERFING what they decided to nerf to a point that it becomes so useless.

Every times i see a anti nerf thread i always wonder is WF the only game you guys have ever played? Nerf happens. Even in freaking offline games there are patches that nerf OP stuff. Nerf happens to change the meta. Dynamic meta is good for a game. Adapt and move on. 

This is the only game I play now. And I believe many players too. I`ve not found a game like this.

Edited by Calibree

Why cant we have a good solid strong range of weapons and warframes which can be used to last for 60m T4 if we want?

If you find something that can do that, good for you.  The weapons will not be balanced for that.  It is impossible to balance for "Endless" modes so instead the Devs chose some other measure and balance around that.  Their goal seems to be around 50-60 as the maximum level that they are willing to balance around.  Any weapon that, when maxed out, completely trivializes that level of content will eventually be nerfed down.

Anything beyond 40min or so and you are gonna have to rely on your wits and skill, not massively inflated numbers.

Because DE wants players to buy/play new weapons that they release and noobs complain how something is stronger than their setup and they feel weak. Also, players want to show off how strong they've made something so they can get their egos stroked. Yes I'm mad as well.

cuz we gotta nurf. nurf. nurf. nurf. nurf. NURF IT TOO HELL!!! did yo jusr get a kill? NURF!!!! did you just survive a single shot? NURFF!!!! we dont want skill based combat her. we want NURF BASED COMBAT. if it can kill it MUST BE NERFD. if it can DO ANYthing it MUST BE NURFD!!! NURF YOU!!!! NURF THIS THREAD!!!! YOU'RE TO SIGNIFICANT!!!! YOU MUST BE NURFD!!! ACCEPT THE NURF AS YOUR SAVIOR, or it will NURF YOU TO HELL!!!! IT'LL NURF YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR FAMILY. IT'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND NURF YOU UNTIL YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A STICK WITH A PEASHOOTER!!!! IT. IS. THE NURF. ACCEPT IT OR DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I'm not serious about any of that o.0 kinda went insane for a second, I know about the the errors, I'm not rereading it and I won't fix them.The point is though, people won't be happy until their favorite weapon is the best weapon, even if they have to nerf stuff to get there. Also, there are people who base op off of a single stat or number, even when its balanced by what they haven't taken into account.

Because people are deeply concerned about this game being fair to the AI. Can't you see it's digital suffering? Ones and zeroes streaming down like tears because the game just isn't fair to it. It loses all the time.

What do you mean computers don't have emotions?

Oh, then it's probably because they're whiners who don't like it when people do better than them in cooperative games, who also A) refuse to use weapons that will get them the orange numbers or B) refuse to use anything but those weapons even though they aren't having fun.

That's not to address glitches or exploits that should be fixed, like the AMD thing.

People don't ask for Ember Primes, because most people that run T4s are elitists who think they can take on everything with Rhino Prime/Mesa/Nova. 

I run 40 minute+ T4 survivals with Ember Prime all the time. I honestly don't understand how people fail to see her potential for high tier missions.

Sure, skill damage is going to start to fall off after the 20 minute mark, but what Warframe that isn't Mesa or Ash isn't going to have that same problem?

Bring weapons that are modded with Corrosive (Or be in a team with 4 Corrosive Projections) and Fire damage and use Accelerant. Use fire blast if you're surrounded and GG you're a God-tier warframe now.

So basically use corrosive weapons which every frame can use

Use fire or viral weapons if everyone has CP aura on which every frame can use

So Ember gets carried by 3 other frames due to the Aura mod and weapons that they can all bring but Ember can easily be replaced for a much more useful frame

What about for the solo player? Any chance Ember can stand on its own?

So Ember gets carried by 3 other frames due to the Aura mod and weapons that they can all bring but Ember can easily be replaced for a much more useful frame

I don't think you're understanding the point. So I'm just not going to even try anymore.

Also, no, nobody carries me when I'm playing Ember, thank you.

People oppose nerfs due to the time and effort put in, or as with Chroma double credits, because it seems or is a cash grab to get people to use an item in a deliberate op state then claim its a mistake and turn it down to the new level.

Simply, we still have many bugs ingame that make little sense to not be fixing like with kubrow ai, pathing into walls forever, the weird and then you're dead bug if you get shot while picking up a mod...

Yet we're about to get underwater archwing, we get amd fixed (ha maybe, give it a week before some one finds out how to break it or that it is still not working)

Look how long and difficult it took just to get AMD driver series working.

I mean most of the actual game bugs are shouted down by nerfs or vanity clippings.

Like right now, tonkor consistently shoots left of camera and ends up missing enemies.

Still funny to go between a heavy gunners leg, hit the one behind and kill them both.

As to the long term proving missions, people want the the three c drops.

If it was redone to be abc instead, you'd see far fewer complaints than the current aabc system.

Which seriously doesn't make sense from a logic perspective especially in interception where you label by rounds, and all.

Also we like going long and hard because it separate the casual pubbie with their crutch stuff from those who have skill.

You know skill? The thing people say is needed for the nerfs? 

Most pubs do not get to the high ranks and consider them sour grapes. Note the remarks of you don't deserve it. Those are not remarks about the good of the game, its entirely for the good of their egos.

And to top it all off, we have way too many weapons without reason. They are lateral if not the same spot on the progression charts and befret of reason to exist beyond coolness and already present. Certainly you can get anything good with enough forma and a reactor, but at that point you are simply elevating it with great effort to do a job something else is baseline better at. Like amprex versus synapse, two very different beam designs with ine for cc and the other for single target.

But then the synapse has to deal with the quanta family while the amprex may have to deal with aoe weapons, but ends up being a stands on its own weapon.

I don't think you're understanding the point. So I'm just not going to even try anymore.

Also, no, nobody carries me when I'm playing Ember, thank you.

So i counter your points and you take your bat home and cry about it

With that way of thinking, any other person playing any other frame could be carried by just about anyone on the team..? 

tumblr_m59jwiaz481qa0tls.jpg 

Any frame can run any mission solo if you know how to use them and by the sounds of it you should be playing ember a tad bit more to understand what Zetzumie is saying.

So i counter your points and you take your bat home and cry about it

Here you go:

Some 36 odd minutes of T4 Survival with Ember Prime. Solo. Note the rewards and the Malignant force, which you can only get by killing corrupted Vor.

owv0Hkc.jpg

uts3Doh.jpg?1

ytsKGzS.jpg?1

Guess I'll go back to "crying" now.

Here you go:

Some 36 odd minutes of T4 Survival with Ember Prime. Solo. Note the rewards and the Malignant force, which you can only get by killing corrupted Vor.

owv0Hkc.jpg

uts3Doh.jpg?1

ytsKGzS.jpg?1

Guess I'll go back to "crying" now.

Lol.

REKT!