Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Needs A Buff

Chaosdreamer

And Grakata inaccuracy is caused more by it's recoil than spread, you can't counter randomness, but you surely can alleviate some of its recoil and make it useable at range. While in case of Supra...

To many people, Grakata is only a spray'n'pray weapon, I run Crit.Delay on it most of the time, and even when coupled with Vile Acceleration it can be reliably used at longer ranges.

It surely kicks like a mule, but on top of that, is quite accurate bullet hose.
Edited by Mofixil

Because this way, it probably wouldn't be as bad, thanks to both dedicated buff and general shotgun buff and the two nearly meaningless changes (magsize and impossible to sustain reserve) could get some meaning.

Supra, on top of S#&$-tier accuracy has virtually no crit or status, giving it insanely high pellet count per shot would alleviate both issues (if both were still calculated per pellet).

In practice, Supra is a sidegrade to Braton.

Edited by Mofixil

Why bother with accuracy when you get double the magazine to spray plasma at your enemies? Throw in a Shred mod and it's gonna be one of the best crowd control primaries. If you mean recoil though, I don't see a problem. Warframe has too little firearms with actual recoil. The perceived 'god-tier' primaries like the Boltor and Soma Primes have zero recoil, the most in this case is just camera shake. Warframe needs more firearms with real recoil. Argue as much as people may I love the Supra for the recoil. A LOT.

That's not sustainable, not at all.

If that's what DE is going to enforce, they better give it innate scavenger or ammo regen. Or DE should force Baro to spend some more time and find Primed Rifle Ammo Mutation, because without it, it's going to end like Kohm, but without saturation advantage.

Edited by Mofixil

That's not sustainable, not at all.

If that's what DE is going to enforce, they better give it innate scavenger or ammo regen. Or DE should force Baro to spend some more time and find Primed Rifle Ammo Mutation, because without it, it's going to end like Kohm, but without saturation advantage.

That's where Shred comes into the picture. Line up your enemies, spray a burst of plasma at em, done, with a lot less ammo consumption than running without the mod. The slight decrease in spool up rate is good too. I usually just bring Large Ammo Restores. I'd rather save a mod slot and put in better utility.

At any rate, these are still short-term bandaid solutions.

Out of all issues Supra had, DE has fixed one, while bandaided other stats without investigating the source of problem.

The one thing they done right was reload buff and projectile speed, other changes are nice to have, but as bandaid as it gets, because every other issue is caused by how poorly Supra performs at range and in scenarios, where any kind of utility is required.

Sure, Entropy Burst exists, and again, is a bandaid. But the problem of mods scaling off base 2.5% still exists.

If Entropy Burst affected status BEFORE other mods, we'd have the one status centric MG, with a bunch of quirks

Edited by Mofixil

Sure, Entropy Burst exists, and again, is a bandaid. But the problem of mods scaling off base 2.5% still exists.

If Entropy Burst affected status BEFORE other mods, we'd have the one status centric MG, with a bunch of quirks

Entropy Burst...the one mod that screams take me out Tenno! I am not worth putting into the Supra! :/

Supra is still not better than the Gorgon that you fellas keep in your pants.

Still, the buff that was announced in the recent devstream is highly appreciated. And if they also bother to take a closer, more sensible look to Entropy Burst, everything will be mighty fine.

Seriously the last 2 or 3 pages turn the thread into a huge discussion about supra being a shotgun just because one guy is trolling or some kind of brain damage makes him say that. 

Anyway, now we have the Supra buff but the thing is how is going to work this weapon at medium-high level. 

It's a short-range bullethose, that makes it compete only with newly buffed shotties.

And like 3 out of 5 buffs it has got are completely meaningless, because such changes are not sustainable, it would need innate ammo regen to make up for such crap stats and work as bullethose/wall of plasma.

The happy bunch responsible for weapon balance has been incapable of any buffs than +20% damage, doubled magsize and higher reserve for quite some time.

Look at Soma Prime, +20% damage, doubled magsize, higher reserve.

Vectis Prime, +20% damage, doubled magsize.

Supra, +20% damage, doubled magsize, higher reserve.

I can see a pattern here.

Edited by Mofixil

The happy bunch responsible for weapon balance has been incapable of any buffs than +20% damage, doubled magsize and higher reserve for quite some time.

Oh I can definitely agree with you on that. However, you forgot the part where they ignore and hand-wave complaints about existing weapons for several months and instead make new weapons that will, you guessed it, be broken on release. I consider us lucky the Supra is even getting fixed!