Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Feedback: Starting Ammo Too Low

DrewHorrigan

I tried Tigris the other day. An okay weapon if you know what you're doing, but I have one complaint: starting ammo supply. The 10 rounds you are given at spawn is ridiculous (it's still about 5 kills, but only if you're perfect), and it's the only weapon that makes me search for ammo boxes right after spawn, and not when I'm running low.

• 2 weeks later...

There's no sense into using Tigris over StrunWrath.
Tigris can't oneshot Rhinos and Frosts unless you get a full headshot from close range. Also if has max 4 shots and reload time.
Strunwrath can oneshot on close range, but the killer fact is it can spam repeatedly multiple shoots before the reload.
Pray and spray it's incredibly effective.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I unretract my statement with the recent ammo cap change. I was fine with stocking up on ammo beforehand, but not with running to resupply every couple kills - other weapons have more kills per ammo drum.

Tigris, now, is more like...take one enemy down, look for ammo...while fighting or looking, hope you don't come across another player.

If there's a weapon that heavily supports the hit and run strategy, the Tigris now seriously fits the bill.

Edited by Nighttide77

What? no, the Tigris is not good where its at right now. It needs a damage buff, and it used to be able to be modded for 4 shots, which is surely missed. How the hell can people say its good where its at yet theres so much controversy about the Daikyu being able to one shot? If ANY weapon should, its the tigris with both shots hitting the player.

Edited by Bojon

What? no, the Tigris is not good where its at right now. It needs a damage buff, and it used to be able to be modded for 4 shots, which is surely missed. How the hell can people say its good where its at yet theres so much controversy about the Daikyu being able to one shot? If ANY weapon should, its the tigris with both shots hitting the player.

I agree, with the ammo nerf it has gotten, the Tigris should two shot any frame at close range.

I agree, with the ammo nerf it has gotten, the Tigris should two shot any frame at close range.

304 damage per magazine assuming all pellets hit, + reload.

The lowest of every gun in the game. Without 4 shots, this highlights why nobody uses Tigris in PVE either.

Tigris was hit doubly hard with the removal of PVE mods.

2 shot max AND no reload speed mod.

304 damage per magazine assuming all pellets hit, + reload.

The lowest of every gun in the game. Without 4 shots, this highlights why nobody uses Tigris in PVE either.

Tigris was hit doubly hard with the removal of PVE mods.

2 shot max AND no reload speed mod.

Not to mention most of that damage is slash, which has no benefit to ferrite armor in Conclave, nor shield.  Tho...that 25% increase against flesh might be something...or not.  I need an actual damage calculator...

If we compare the Tigris to the Daikyu, and let's assume we only use duplex shot, that means the player only has 4 total sets of ammo, to which the Tigris has to hit with every pellet to max out damage, which the pellets are fairly random within a cone given by a 9.1 accuracy...  Missed shots take 1.8 seconds to reload...  Which means it's actually worse than the Daikyu in many ways.  That's sad.