Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Despises The Lotus.

I would laugh so hard that I might choke if they ever let all these paranoid players refuse the Lotus.  Have fun playing the game with out any intel.  *Checks navigation, not a single node active*  Yeah, bar the Syndicate alerts and the very occasional Darvo mission all our knowledge of where to go comes from the Lotus.  The rewards we get for mission completion come from the Lotus.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you.  Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

And Teshin?  Yeah, let's trust the guy whose only action is to pit us against our fellow Tenno for sport.  Definitely a better choice than the Lotus who sends us after Corpus and Grineer VIPs who are a threat to us and colonists.[/sarcasm]

frankly to me this all sounds awsesome. I think I still would bite the hand that feeds.

as for navigation not being active I can just fly down to the planet and check it out. if its not what I want I pack up and fly somewere else.

and one of the best things would be that I could start my own moa factory with all the power tubes that are used for excavation.

or you know... power my space toaster.

I don't despise her, but I certainly don't like the fact I must mindlessly follow her orders without question. Sure she saved me and everything at the start (which is sort of negated by the fact I needed saving because she put me in cryo in the first place) but that doesn't make me her indentured servant. The woman is sketchy as all get out, and clearly knows more than she shares, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she was one of the twin queens playing some weird twisted game. Or the fan favorite spider monster. 

We literally know nothing about Lotus.

Edited by Cubewano

There was a time when I might have considered distrusting Space Mom; but the I played Vor's Prize, and after that Hidden Messages. The Lotus cares deeply about the Tenno and I can't bring myself to not trust her. Is she purely benevolent? No, she sends us on assassination missions after all; but she's not going to turn on us; nor should we turn our back on her.

I don't despise her, but I certainly don't like the fact I must mindlessly follow her orders without question. Sure she saved me and everything at the start (which is sort of negated by the fact I needed saving because she put me in cryo in the first place) but that doesn't make me her indentured servant. The woman is sketchy as all get out, and clearly knows more than she shares, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she was one of the twin queens playing some weird twisted game. Or the fan favorite spider monster. 

We literally know nothing about Lotus.

This won't happen the tenno are outdated the only reason we are going so well is because grinner and corpus are doing it the wrong way.          The grinner are bullys the corpus are merchand the tenno are killer. Thing will start to change when we will push them too far. Vay hek is the first.                       I don't care what are lotus motivations its not about domination

There was a time when I might have considered distrusting Space Mom; but the I played Vor's Prize, and after that Hidden Messages. The Lotus cares deeply about the Tenno and I can't bring myself to not trust her. Is she purely benevolent? No, she sends us on assassination missions after all; but she's not going to turn on us; nor should we turn our back on her.

We shouldn't but some will. DE!! Make it happen!!

I have yet to experience any deep emotional connection from the lotus to the tenno, sure she can spout past experiences in very brief sentences but that is not a valid expression of emotion. Action shows care, to which lotus has really expressed none, she orders us around from some invisible forte with no personal involvement or risk, and reaps all the rewards, that is all the interaction we currently have. Perhaps she does care for the tenno, but that has to be proven, and even if it was the case that still does not make her intentions pure or desirable. 

This won't happen the tenno are outdated the only reason we are going so well is because grinner and corpus are doing it the wrong way.          The grinner are bullys the corpus are merchand the tenno are killer. Thing will start to change when we will push them too far. Vay hek is the first.                       I don't care what are lotus motivations its not about domination

How does whether its going to happen or not change the intention? If I really wanted a snack but there was no food around, does that mean I no longer want it? Doesn't change the fact lotus wants us to reduce all our enemies to non-threatening levels, or that she orders us regularly to slaughter thousands to millions of individuals to maintain whatever goal she is aiming for. If not about domination it sure is about something, and the problem is we don't know what it is. We don't know her end game, but there is nothing currently to suggest it will benefit anyone outside of Lotus herself. 

Is that from 'V for Vendetta'?  Looks familiar but the file name just says john_hurt and I'm pretty sure he never sent anyone to silence his enemies.  What with him just being an actor...

Good guess, John Hurt is the actor's name. His character on that movie did send some swat to silence anyone that pisses him off.

It is explicitly stated in the Vor's Prize quest that he intends to capture, not kill you.

He does want to capture you. To present you to the Queens and use you as a brainwashed slave, and intended to brainwash more Tenno to make an unstopable mind slave army for the Grineer.

as for navigation not being active I can just fly down to the planet and check it out. if its not what I want I pack up and fly somewere else.

Have fun loading up empty maps trying to find the enemy by trial and error.  Whoever you decide that enemy is...

I don't despise her, but I certainly don't like the fact I must mindlessly follow her orders without question. Sure she saved me and everything at the start (which is sort of negated by the fact I needed saving because she put me in cryo in the first place)

You don't mindlessly follow orders.  At least I assume you aren;t mindless...  I certainly choose the missions I want to do.  Lotus merely provides options.  She can advise me during missions but ultimately it is up to me whether I super stealth the whole mission or Jenkins charge through everything.

I have yet to experience any deep emotional connection from the lotus to the tenno, sure she can spout past experiences in very brief sentences but that is not a valid expression of emotion. Action shows care, to which lotus has really expressed none, she orders us around from some invisible forte with no personal involvement or risk, and reaps all the rewards, that is all the interaction we currently have.

How do you expect her to show emotion through actions?  We've not been face to face but she sure has given us plenty of gifts.  I don't mean the catalyst/reactor alerts, although I am grateful for them, I mean things like Dex weapons and seasonal colours.  Also, how does she 'reap all the rewards'?  We keep what we pick up and she gives us credits as payment on top of that.  Lotus doesn't take any of the rewards we get, that would be clans on Dark Sectors that reap your rewards.

Doesn't change the fact lotus wants us to reduce all our enemies to non-threatening levels, or that she orders us regularly to slaughter thousands to millions of individuals to maintain whatever goal she is aiming for.

Please avoid the ridiculous hyperbole.  She does not order us to kill millions.  Dozens, sure.  Hundreds, maybe sometimes.  Thousands? Millions?  No.  Not 'regularly'.  In 2428 hours of mission time and over 9000 missions I have killed 1.14 million enemies.  She has not regularly ordered me to kill 'thousands to millions'.  It's an average of about 130 per mission.

You don't mindlessly follow orders.  At least I assume you aren;t mindless...  I certainly choose the missions I want to do.  Lotus merely provides options.  She can advise me during missions but ultimately it is up to me whether I super stealth the whole mission or Jenkins charge through everything.

How do you expect her to show emotion through actions?  We've not been face to face but she sure has given us plenty of gifts.  I don't mean the catalyst/reactor alerts, although I am grateful for them, I mean things like Dex weapons and seasonal colours.  Also, how does she 'reap all the rewards'?  We keep what we pick up and she gives us credits as payment on top of that.  Lotus doesn't take any of the rewards we get, that would be clans on Dark Sectors that reap your rewards.

Please avoid the ridiculous hyperbole.  She does not order us to kill millions.  Dozens, sure.  Hundreds, maybe sometimes.  Thousands? Millions?  No.  Not 'regularly'.  In 2428 hours of mission time and over 9000 missions I have killed 1.14 million enemies.  She has not regularly ordered me to kill 'thousands to millions'.  It's an average of about 130 per mission.

With how missions are built, they are all in service to lotus to one level or another. The only way to not wind up doing lotus' bidding is basically not to do the missions or fail, basically, not playing. I don't think having the option of ignoring minor recommendations cancels out such effects. (capture/spy/survival/defense are all gathering intel  for her, assassination and exterminate are wiping out enemies for her, and so on)

As I said, the only way is through actual action. To which I've also said has never been shown, nothing lotus has ever done or asked of us has been shown as not being beneficial for her. And how isn't making her soldiers better armed not to her benefit? We are soldiers after all, the stronger we are the faster the jobs she wants us to get done are sorted out, and the less likely any of her operations are to fail. None of her acts are shown to be for our personal merit, only her own, which is why even if she might not be against us there isn't enough to say she is for us either. 

The killing I was referencing to was not a player by player basis, she orders all the tenno, not just one, so when you multiply your 130 a mission by thouands and then by a regular basis, yes lotus has ordered us to kill millions upon millions of beings.

Edited by Cubewano

Lotus is our space mother. She will never betray us <3. Even though I have to admit she sometimes says dumb stuff. Like I'm detecting grineer.... Wich I was fighting the whole mission already. I can't wait for the day when you are in a Grineer mission and she says I'm detecting corpus and corpus start to show up to fight with u and the grineer for a nice crossfire mission and surprise effect.

To which I've also said has never been shown, nothing lotus has ever done or asked of us has been shown as not being beneficial for her. And how isn't making her soldiers better armed not to her benefit?

When she gave us the Valentine's Day colour picker or the St. Patrick's Day colour picker how was that for her benefit and not ours?  Does she just really get off on seeing Tenno in pink and green?

The killing I was referencing to was not a player by player basis, she orders all the tenno, not just one, so when you multiply your 130 a mission by thouands and then by a regular basis, yes lotus has ordered us to kill millions upon millions of beings.

Ah, y'see, when y'said 'orders us regularly to slaughter thousands to millions of individuals' I thought y'meant we were being given the order to kill millions, regularly.  Which just ain't the case.  Except for specific Operations she doesn't give blanket order to all Tenno and even for Operations we have final say over participation.  So, I still maintain that the Lotus has never ordered us to kill millions and certainly hasn't done so regularly.  She just offers up the opportunity for thousands of us to kill hundreds at a time.  Which is different.

I have yet to experience any deep emotional connection from the lotus to the tenno, sure she can spout past experiences in very brief sentences but that is not a valid expression of emotion. Action shows care, to which lotus has really expressed none, she orders us around from some invisible forte with no personal involvement or risk, and reaps all the rewards, that is all the interaction we currently have. Perhaps she does care for the tenno, but that has to be proven, and even if it was the case that still does not make her intentions pure or desirable.

My grandmother lives 4 towns away in a secure house I couldn't afford in 10 years; she occasionally sends me presents and asks me to take care of errands for her benefit. Sometimes these requests are strange or I do not know the reason for them.

Based on this information does my grandmother not care about me?

You've argued that seeing is believing; but then have chosen to ignore her concern for our well being both in the present and in the past.

What would it take to convince you? Lotus showing up during a zanuka capture mission with a full load of dex weapons and providing cover and protection the whole way out? Or would that be a single instance of her protecting an investment?

I wouldn't mind having the option to work with someone else that wants to eliminate the lotus. I too am tired of her orders..

*loads fresh mags into Dex Furis* I'll be watching you from the shadows, waiting, observing, studying, until you make a move. Then, like all the other heretics, you will die.

She doesn't seem to play well with others given her dialogue with Cephalons and such. The way I look at it I'd rather fight for her than the psychotic Grineer or the box headed Corpus.

Maybe the infested aren't so bad after all...

sorry but your logic is messed up dude. the infested just want to kill and corrupt all lifeforms, the grineer want to enslave or control everyone and kill us tenno into extinction, and the corpus want nothing but to harvest us and experiment on us or sell us for profit.

plus, if you've payed any attention(which it seems you haven't), all of the bosses we kill have committed some form of atrocities to the innocent and us tenno too. in response, the lotus sends us to kill them in order to not just avenge the innocent, but to also avenge our fellow tenno and restore balance in the solar system.

in short, you didnt pay any attention and now your asking a question thats kind of &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp;. rom everything i can gather, the lotus saved us some becoming slaves to the grineer when she woke us up. to further add to that, she seems to really look out for our safety and deeply cares for us.  

How does whether its going to happen or not change the intention? If I really wanted a snack but there was no food around, does that mean I no longer want it? Doesn't change the fact lotus wants us to reduce all our enemies to non-threatening levels, or that she orders us regularly to slaughter thousands to millions of individuals to maintain whatever goal she is aiming for. If not about domination it sure is about something, and the problem is we don't know what it is. We don't know her end game, but there is nothing currently to suggest it will benefit anyone outside of Lotus herself. 

she shows care for us, by saving your backwards mind from becoming a grineer slave or worse when she woke you up and directed to find a cure to get rid of the worm squirming in your mind from blowing your skull inside out. 

plus, the people we are killing are either infected with a deadly disease, degrading clones with no purpose but to kill, imprison or enslave, and the other people we kill are out to capture us and torture us for profit. idiot 

Have fun loading up empty maps trying to find the enemy by trial and error.  Whoever you decide that enemy is...

that would be exactly what I would do. and thanks I will have a lot of fun doing it.

in fact that would probably what ends up killing me. but then you can just write stupid on my tomb stone and have a good laugh at it :D

How Dare U! She is our Queen! 

You are an anti-tenno! u must be eliminated!

won't you have to get permission from the lotus first to shoot me? 

not saying that you can't do that. if you did end up getting permission to do it or even with out you could always have a go at finishing me off.