Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Despises The Lotus.

Eh.. I don't despise her... nor do I trust her. `-` I mean.. how many data vaults have we broken into?.. how many enemies have we killed? .. Lots and lots of info and all she gives us is "Go on and kill x" "Steal dat flash drive" "I need more batteries on my walkie talkie... is that G3? Kill them. Why? I don't know...self defense.. YES! they are attacking u! go on and defend yourself!"

So I guess I'm kind of neutral about her :I wish she'd at least hint what exactly are we doing and for what purpose before we start mass murdering everywhere.

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

Eh.. I don't despise her... nor do I trust her. `-` I mean.. how many data vaults have we broken into?.. how many enemies have we killed? .. Lots and lots of info and all she gives us is "Go on and kill x" "Steal dat flash drive" "I need more batteries on my walkie talkie... is that G3? Kill them. Why? I don't know...self defense.. YES! they are attacking u! go on and defend yourself!"

You ask too many questions.

Keep quit

&

Continue killing

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

sorry but your logic is messed up dude. the infested just want to kill and corrupt all lifeforms, the grineer want to enslave or control everyone and kill us tenno into extinction, and the corpus want nothing but to harvest us and experiment on us or sell us for profit.

plus, if you've payed any attention(which it seems you haven't), all of the bosses we kill have committed some form of atrocities to the innocent and us tenno too. in response, the lotus sends us to kill them in order to not just avenge the innocent, but to also avenge our fellow tenno and restore balance in the solar system.

in short, you didnt pay any attention and now your asking a question thats kind of $&*&*#(%&. rom everything i can gather, the lotus saved us some becoming slaves to the grineer when she woke us up. to further add to that, she seems to really look out for our safety and deeply cares for us.  

tumblr_lppyksxAfd1r1thdeo1_400.gif

You ask too many questions.

Keep quit

&

Continue killing

´---´ what questions?  `------------` I don't question anything

´-´ `-` Lotus is our mother, obey her 4 evah

*hides and waits for more answers to be revealed before exposing himself with questions*

`---------------------`

she shows care for us, by saving your backwards mind from becoming a grineer slave or worse when she woke you up and directed to find a cure to get rid of the worm squirming in your mind from blowing your skull inside out. 

plus, the people we are killing are either infected with a deadly disease, degrading clones with no purpose but to kill, imprison or enslave, and the other people we kill are out to capture us and torture us for profit. idiot 

we're her hired guns, rescuing us benefits herself as much as it benefits us. that is not an act of affection, it is a strategic move. 

and the people we are killing are a hive mind species whose function is the core of all species, even our own, which is to multiply and survive, a clone army who are fighting for their queens out of incredible loyalty (no different from what we are currently doing) and a desire to save their species by finding a cure to their degrading dna situation, and a group of survivors from a civilization WE slaughtered who while driven by greed to a degree are still merely trying to survive and from what i recall usually are fighting back from us trying to take their things. (with the rare case of alad)

there isn't ever just black in white in war, all sides are fighting for what they believe is just. 

Edited by Cubewano

we're her hired guns, rescuing us benefits herself as much as it benefits us. that is not an act of affection, it is a strategic move. 

and the people we are killing are a hive mind species whose function is the core of all species, even our own, which is to multiply and survive, a clone army who are fighting for their queens out of incredible loyalty (no different from what we are currently doing) and a desire to save their species by finding a cure to their degrading dna situation, and a group of survivors from a civilization WE slaughtered who while driven by greed to a degree are still merely trying to survive and from what i recall usually are fighting back from us trying to take their things. (with the rare case of alad)

there isn't ever just black in white in war, all sides are fighting for what they believe is just. 

the corpus are not survivors from an era that we slaughtered? they are proto humans, which means they are humans that are mechanically or genetically altered. the corpus WORSHIP the orokin, who tortured and experimented on the tenno in order survive a war that they were incapable of winning. from what i can gather, since you didnt read or look up S#&$, the tenno betrayed the orokin because they were so pissed at being so brutally tortured and experimented on that they all decided that the orokin are no better than the sentients who were trying to wipe out the orokin as well. because the sentients also tortured captured tenno from what I've gathered as well. plus, it seems that the orokin also had restraints on the tenno in their minds in order to fully control them from rebelling. once the old war was over and the restraints were taken off, the memories of being tortured and experimented on came back and pissed off the tenno, resulting in the slaughter of the orokin.

the corpus are driven by nothing but GREED AND PROFT! there is no "to a degree" with the corpus. the grineer, if you listen to the communications in your ship in game, are killing, imprisoning, or enslaving anyone they encounter. the comms are riddled with oppression and tyranny. i really don't see how you can sit there and believe that the tenno and the lotus are bad even when the grineer are trying to build a fascist empire, the corpus are trying to either kill us, experiment on us, sell us off or build stuff out of our parts, and the hive want nothing but you assimilate all life forms in the universe like the flood in halo? 

here's an idea: read the lore on the internet, read the lore in the codex in game, look up lore videos on youtube on everything! cause you apparently just play, and don't bother to try to understand the nuts and blots of the back story. I'm on the lotus side, cause from everything I've read, the tenno have had it @(*()$ hard and deserve to have someone care for them like the lotus. who for some reason, whether she's in a medical pod or an AI, seems to have been around since the old war with the sentients. 

the corpus are not survivors from an era that we slaughtered? they are proto humans, which means they are humans that are mechanically or genetically altered. the corpus WORSHIP the orokin, who tortured and experimented on the tenno in order survive a war that they were incapable of winning. from what i can gather, since you didnt read or look up S#&$, the tenno betrayed the orokin because they were so &!$$ed at being so brutally tortured and experimented on that they all decided that the orokin are no better than the sentients who were trying to wipe out the orokin as well. because the sentients also tortured captured tenno from what I've gathered as well. plus, it seems that the orokin also had restraints on the tenno in their minds in order to fully control them from rebelling. once the old war was over and the restraints were taken off, the memories of being tortured and experimented on came back and &!$$ed off the tenno, resulting in the slaughter of the orokin.

the corpus are driven by nothing but GREED AND PROFT! there is no "to a degree" with the corpus. the grineer, if you listen to the communications in your ship in game, are killing, imprisoning, or enslaving anyone they encounter. the comms are riddled with oppression and tyranny. i really don't see how you can sit there and believe that the tenno and the lotus are bad even when the grineer are trying to build a fascist empire, the corpus are trying to either kill us, experiment on us, sell us off or build stuff out of our parts, and the hive want nothing but you assimilate all life forms in the universe like the flood in halo? 

here's an idea: read the lore on the internet, read the lore in the codex in game, look up lore videos on youtube on everything! cause you apparently just play, and don't bother to try to understand the nuts and blots of the back story. I'm on the lotus side, cause from everything I've read, the tenno have had it @(*()$ hard and deserve to have someone care for them like the lotus. who for some reason, whether she's in a medical pod or an AI, seems to have been around since the old war with the sentients. 

i'd bed to differ, from the last bit of lore we got the indication that the corpus were part of the orokin empire before it's great fall. and we don't know squat as to what the orokin exactly did to the tenno, outside making them suits to funnel their energy through, and having them participate in a war they were equally at risk in. The same can be directed at the orokin extermination, nowhere does it tell us why exactly the tenno slaughtered them, simply that we did it. Though I don't see how any explanation could really justify wiping out an entire civilization. (also how does that whole restrains on tenno's thoughts not make you slightly questionable of lotus, who apparently holds the power to activate and deactivate us)

and regardless of how you view the aggression of the other factions, to them what they are doing is their version of good and just, which is the point. good and bad are in the eyes of beholder, so no amount of saying they seem the like bad guys to me is going to make them inherently evil. so trying to paint the tenno or the lotus as some ultimate good divine justice is so very incorrect, as she is just like all the other factions, doing what she believes is correct. 

i don't know where you seem to be get all this solid non-assumption based lore from, with how little this game gives us, but if you want to direct me to this archive of warframe factoids i'd be pleased to read it. because all i've been able to find in game are bits and pieces of an enormous puzzle. 

i'd bed to differ, from the last bit of lore we got the indication that the corpus were part of the orokin empire before it's great fall. and we don't know squat as to what the orokin exactly did to the tenno, outside making them suits to funnel their energy through, and having them participate in a war they were equally at risk in. The same can be directed at the orokin extermination, nowhere does it tell us why exactly the tenno slaughtered them, simply that we did it. Though I don't see how any explanation could really justify wiping out an entire civilization. (also how does that whole restrains on tenno's thoughts not make you slightly questionable of lotus, who apparently holds the power to activate and deactivate us)

and regardless of how you view the aggression of the other factions, to them what they are doing is their version of good and just, which is the point. good and bad are in the eyes of beholder, so no amount of saying they seem the like bad guys to me is going to make them inherently evil. so trying to paint the tenno or the lotus as some ultimate good divine justice is so very incorrect, as she is just like all the other factions, doing what she believes is correct. 

i don't know where you seem to be get all this solid non-assumption based lore from, with how little this game gives us, but if you want to direct me to this archive of warframe factoids i'd be pleased to read it. because all i've been able to find in game are bits and pieces of an enormous puzzle. 

read rhino prime's lore -_- and if you pay attention, it sounds like the orokin were just viciously experimenting the tenno when they came back from the void. granted they did what they had to do to survive the war, but it obviously didnt do them any good when the tenno decided that they didnt wanna follow the orokin anymore. and no, the grineer are not doing anybody any good! they despise all who are not grineer! they have no care anyone who isn't grineer and who isn't grineer. yes, i typed that twice cause thats is what makes the grineer "the grineer". they hate everyone in existence who isn't a grineer clone. the corpus want nothing but money, money, and money. and to them, if they had their way like some corporations try to do in our reality, they'd buy out all forms of government and make the rules. both factions are at fault for something, the only difference is that the grineer are more forward and public with their crimes and it seems in game that the colonies want to be left alone and not be apart of the grineer to begin with. and yet the grineer come in and destroy, pillage, enslave, and  imprison all. 

the corpus, being merchants and traders in one huge cult, would probably make things virtually un-buyable if they had their way if they somehow killed off the grineer. people would starve to death and the tenno would probably just either end up somewhere else out of reach to launch their hit and run tactics, or being wiped out completely slowly. 

and since your wondering where I'm getting all of this, go look up the grinner and corpus lore online. or better yet, why don't you look up the lore from the game. theres some there, but the prime codex's paint somewhat of how #*($%%@ up the orokin were when they created the tenno. 

I feel that the Lotus is more of a neutral force for a simple reason. When the G3 attack Lotus panics and warns then Tenno, when Zanuka Hunter captures you she unlocks you. Interesting that she has that ability but doesn't use it to free Valkyr before she gets tortured or to save any Tenno before they got put into Zanuka isn't it? Also that with the usual special Lotus chat from 2 of the assasians she says nothing about Stalker. I find it interesting that he was added when void was added to the game and that Lotus is actually entirely quiet about Stalker. If the Stalker is like the Tenno since he abdorns a warframe wouldn't he also get messages from Lotus? Lotus wants the Tenno to play a balancing act with the Corpus, Grineer, and Infested but if the Tenno just destroy all of the figure heads of each faction that would create a massive power vaccume that could possibly destabilize those factions even more which could lead to more chaos and less "balance". So I believe that Mr.Stalker here is a balancer lead by the Lotus to keep a check on the Tenno by killing a few off once in awhile. That would actually explain his losing line, "What have you...done?" and, "(Player's name) shall not trouble us again." Who is this "us" the Stalker speaks of? Also the  "(Player's name) shall not trouble us again." line from Stalker goes with Lotus' line that is, "He won't be bothering us anymore. Let's get out of here.".

"looks at text in awe" I guess I should make a Stalker theory thread tomorrow I could go on for way longer than this because I still need to link other things together with this ...... but either way I say Lotus is someone not to trust because of what I said up above

• 2 weeks later...

I question her authority. 

We all should.

We do not know her motives. 

Tenno at this stage are simply being the 'good soldier' and obeying orders.

.. however, times are changing with the syndicates, individuals like Anyo and Alad who seem at odds with the standard factions, and the infested mutating newer and more corrupted beings. 

If the Lotus is to remain the 'balancer' in my eyes then I think we need to start knowing more about her and where she stands (and who does her hair !!)

Dude. Get over it. Lotus is good. I hate people like you with your "cant trust the man" mentality. The lotus is so obviously benevolent. You can go ahead and be one of vay heks lackeys... and get executed and stripped down for parts the first time you fail. Or you can keep following the lotus' plan for the system.

I question her authority.

We all should.

We do not know her motives.

Tenno at this stage are simply being the 'good soldier' and obeying orders.

.. however, times are changing with the syndicates, individuals like Anyo and Alad who seem at odds with the standard factions, and the infested mutating newer and more corrupted beings.

If the Lotus is to remain the 'balancer' in my eyes then I think we need to start knowing more about her and where she stands (and who does her hair !!)

Medusa does her hair. Edited by (PS4)kombatchamp

I still don't see how people are reaching this conclusion, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the "she's working for the Sentients".

A quote from The New Strange:

"Chroma?! No... I can't be."

Why can't Chroma be? It's just another Warframe. Or perhaps it's not Chroma that can't be but rather something else - something we know to be coming. The Sentients.

Not to mention we've already seen her helping us against the Sentients - Hidden Messages - so I really just don't see how people can think "she's a Sentient spy all along!" with any logical conclusions.