Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will De Ever Push The M Rating Any Further?

I'm not suggesting the addition of any scenes rivaling MKX fatalities or the addition of areas resembling Dante's Inferno, but I do wonder if DE has forgotten their availability to do things a little rougher than the way things are now. Do you think they'll sit back with the lowest use of the M rating or do you think they'll ever add a brutal boss or two?

Violence for violence's sake is pointless. If they're just going to make something violent because reasons, they might as well not.

Why would they add violence for violence's sake? I have full faith in the devs to be able to create a brutally evil enemy with a purpose and story.

If you dream all the way back to when this game was really early and I don't think it was rated M back then, we had lovely death scenes where characters would flail around on the floor missing limbs and everything seemed beautifully bloody. Look at it now? We are now M rated and the corpses rag doll a bit then disappear... They are looking to put more gore in with a revised gore 2.0 but even if they just re added the old gore it would be okay.

I don't see why they wouldn't push the gore, as they are already adding more gore to newer enemies.

If you mean language and sexual content, that is not what the game is rated M for.

I meant story-based M-rated content based in a brutal nature of an enemy. I haven't really seen anything like it since Alad's attempt to chop up Mag (if I remember correctly) in the video from long ago.

Rated 'M' mostly gives the developers the wiggle room for full creativity, which I imagine is what they want. I don't think DE is really about trying to push what they can get away with though, but more into creating a world that is unique and interesting while offering enjoyable game-play. If that includes having Excalibur betray an Orokin officer by stabbing him in the neck while he monologues about how cool he is now that he has the technocyte virus, so be it, but the only reason I think DE would do that is because they're trying to create a certain theme or atmosphere in the story, not because they have a neck-stabbing fetish. 

Right now, it's M rated for blood and gore.

I want to see some drug use tho hehe.

You are:

A Dragon /Hawk/ Pyromaniac/ Cryomaniac/ MindBender/ Puddle/ Gunslinger/ Macgyver/ Stereo/ Bloodluster/ Trickster(x2)/ Swordsman/ Planeswalker/Grim-reaper/Life giver/ Bundle of rage/Attractive&Repulsive /Toxic/Shocking/Explosive and Blessed.

You are All of this and none of this.

You tell me Drugs aren't in the game yet ?

(Left one out guess which !)

Edited by Sunfaiz

Right now, it's M rated for blood and gore.

I want to see some drug use tho hehe.

Drug consumable?  YES

Gain some temporary buff with a heavy temporary side effect?  That's a key component to fun in plenty of games.

Not sure about the forum rules on posting any images of History of the World Part 1 (Mel Brooks saying, "Why is everything so GREEN..."), but that's exactly what comes to mind.

Shoot...maybe even having phantom enemies pop up while under the effects of a drug would be a crazy side-effect.

Gore 2.0? Please tell me that I'll get to blow off enemy heads whenever I kill them with a headshot :D

You can do that already.

I hope in gore 2.0 they fix getting a headshot and somehow blowing off the dude's left arm.

It is always the left arm that gets gibbed the most.

Or doing a vertical swing and bisecting the guy horizontally.

And maybe disable that stupid disintegrate effect on the dead dudes.

Anyway, as of now, the system really just needs some touch ups.

You are:

A Dragon /Hawk/ Pyromaniac/ Cryomaniac/ MindBender/ Puddle/ Gunslinger/ Macgyver/ Stereo/ Bloodluster/ Trickster(x2)/ Swordsman/ Planeswalker/Grim-reaper/Life giver/ Bundle of rage/Attractive&Repulsive /Toxic/Shocking/Explosive and Blessed.

You are All of this and none of this.

You tell me Drugs aren't in the game yet ?

(Left one out guess which !)

Smoke ninja ASH?

I'm not suggesting the addition of any scenes rivaling MKX fatalities or the addition of areas resembling Dante's Inferno, but I do wonder if DE has forgotten their availability to do things a little rougher than the way things are now. Do you think they'll sit back with the lowest use of the M rating or do you think they'll ever add a brutal boss or two?

We have the forums full of Warframe Pokemon/Brony posts, the game on 2 consoles and a bonafide full blown underage Infestation going on... don't hold your breath

We have the forums full of Warframe Pokemon/Brony posts, the game on 2 consoles and a bonafide full blown underage Infestation going on... don't hold your breath

I'm a lucky man by never seen one of these posts.