The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arid Eviscerator Is Done...

Gelkor

Oh look it'll take 16 days for the 3rd time in a row to finish a synthesis scan. What a surprise and definitely did not see that coming at all.

This pretty much confirms it that it is on a set timer and your scans do not matter AT ALL

except it's not?

First synthesis hunt for the Lancer began March 20th, and was completed April 5th, took 16 days.

After that it was Anti-Moa, which was then completed on April 17th, it took 12 days.

Now we're on the Arid Eviscerator, which is likely going to be completed today, May 6th. So that's 20 days.

Even if you take into account the wait periods between scans where Simaris is extracting and analyzing the data, the differences are still large enough that there really isn't any grounds at all for your claim. 

Edited by Eric1738

except it's not?

I like how you added the total processing/extracting time whatever to the eviscerator but not the moa.

The moa took 4 days to extract, the eviscerator finished in 14 days and is taking 2 days now to extract.

Nice try though but better luck next time.

I like how you added the total processing/extracting time whatever to the eviscerator but not the moa.

The moa took 4 days to extract, the eviscerator finished in 14 days and is taking 2 days now to extract.

moa/lancer story took 0 sec to process. the countdown is there only for the next target. your turn?

Edited by Eric1738

Extraction period between Lancer and Anti-Moa was three days, which would shorten the Anti-Moa scan down to just nine days in total. And as you said, Moa synthesis extraction took four days before we got the Arid Eviscerator target, which would shorten the scan down to 14/15 days. 

Your tinfoil hat conspiracy still has no grounds.

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

Writing a few lines of lore has gotta be the ...easiest thing about game development...- I mean... I don't know... it's just what I think like... compared to all the lvl design, making stuff work, new weapons...writing lore sounds rather easy.

Especially now that I can say that, while rather nicely written, the 2 lore bits we received so far left us with as much knowledge as we had before.

Srsly... what did we learn from the anti moa lore....?

And did you know that ps4 and xbone players get the same lore, just later? I call bs!

Edited by [DE]Danielle

Writing a few lines of lore has gotta be the ...easiest thing about game development...- I mean... I don't know... it's just what I think like... compared to all the lvl design, making stuff work, new weapons...writing lore sounds rather easy.

Especially now that I can say that, while rather nicely written, the 2 lore bits we received so far left us with as much knowledge as we had before.

Srsly... what did we learn from the anti moa lore....?

And did you know that ps4 and xbone players get the same lore, just later? I call bs!

I think they have to give a little more oversight to the story design than just banging out a vignette in Word real quickly.  Probably have to cross check and correlate with whatever overarching story they want to tell eventually.

I think we gained some insight into the Corpus with that Anti-Moa lore, some decent worldbuilding anyways, but nothing earthshattering, I'll agree. 

X-Box and PS4 getting the same lore is just inane, that kills most of the motivation for doing it.  The only thing I can HOPE is that DE is speeding up their synthesis in order to sync it with PC eventually, so that we all work on the same target and contribute to the same synthesis progress.  I'd really like a confirmation either way.

The problem with the "story" of this game is it's so vague and hidden that they have to pass it through a few people to make sure it doesn't tell something they don't want told or that it doesn't contradict something they said somewhere else.

If they stopped being so vague and put a proper story in it would not be such a complicated task.

The problem with the "story" of this game is it's so vague and hidden that they have to pass it through a few people to make sure it doesn't tell something they don't want told or that it doesn't contradict something they said somewhere else.

If they stopped being so vague and put a proper story in it would not be such a complicated task.

Even when you have something concrete when you are adding stories you still have to have an editor parse them.  When Timothy Zahn wrote the Thrawn Trilogy for Star Wars (something that's considered by many fans to be one of the best EU book series) over half his ideas were shot down by the Lucasarts editor for  not being in keeping with the theme or going too far.

Edited by Gelkor

---snip--

X-Box and PS4 getting the same lore is just inane, that kills most of the motivation for doing it.  The only thing I can HOPE is that DE is speeding up their synthesis in order to sync it with PC eventually, so that we all work on the same target and contribute to the same synthesis progress.  I'd really like a confirmation either way.

Thank you for the support. I play on the PS4 and I can tell you that I do NOT scan stuff at all anymore. If I want my lore I look for the threads the PC players put up. I really hope DE will do something with synthesis on the consoles that will at least make me feel like I can participate in this endeavor.

They have to maintain a certain degree of vagueness on purpose as well. If you've ever seen the Extra Credits video about Cthulhu, it's kind of like that. Just telling us the Orokin were gold people who lived forever and did science doesn't have the same impact as the endless beating around the bush and not really describing them.

Honestly I don't think the reason for Lore taking so long is that they have to cross examine and stuff with other members. Seems to me that they honestly just have no clue where they are going with it. The general theme/vibe I get from the dev-streams whenever they mention Lore is that they are making things up on the spot 24/7.

I mean, I could be wrong, but honestly that's how it feels to me.

Honestly I don't think the reason for Lore taking so long is that they have to cross examine and stuff with other members. Seems to me that they honestly just have no clue where they are going with it. The general theme/vibe I get from the dev-streams whenever they mention Lore is that they are making things up on the spot 24/7.

Same here.

They... need a writer. a professional writer.

You are 100% correct.  The universe is very flexible and the lore is so insignificant in the grand scheme that it's right around at the very bottom of their priority list.  The lore we get is a wrapper for new events, weapons, etc.  It's just a pretext.

Same here.

They... need a writer. a professional writer.

Agreed, either someone on contract or someone brought in house to start scoping out the overarching plot, lore, and eventual quests they say they are wanting to implement.

Agreed, either someone on contract or someone brought in house to start scoping out the overarching plot, lore, and eventual quests they say they are wanting to implement.

This would be great... hmmm..

So... when will the aarid eviscerator lore be ready?

Guesses?

wv8YJXC.jpg

Finished the scans this weekend, noticed the processing as well. Poked around with dev and looks like this processing will be complete next week or so, for people looking for a timeline.

Oh uhh...okay...well thanks then. o -o (It's Rebecca! >;O)

Edited by Zarozian

wv8YJXC.jpg

Finished the scans this weekend, noticed the processing as well. Poked around with dev and looks like this processing will be complete next week or so, for people looking for a timeline.

We have to wait till next week for lore? Dang, I thought that was the whole point of why it felt like it takes forever to scan them to begin with: to give the lore-writer plenty of time to write some lore.

We have to wait till next week for lore? Dang, I thought that was the whole point of why it felt like it takes forever to scan them to begin with: to give the lore-writer plenty of time to write some lore.

Or maybe we're just too fast~ ;3

Uhm... They don't think that's kinda, long...?  At least compared to the previous processings that were nigh instantaneous, we've already been scanning for what, 14 days?  And while we've got you (maybe) do they have anything to say about PS4 and XOne getting the same lore as us only later, that seems to be impacting the drive to complete scans if all they get is what we've already unlocked on the wiki.

Edited by Gelkor

Uhm... They don't think that's kinda, long...?  At least compared to the previous processings that were nigh instantaneous, we've already been scanning for what, 14 days?  And while we've got you (maybe) do they have anything to say about PS4 and XOne getting the same lore as us only later, that seems to be impacting the drive to complete scans if all they get is what we've already unlocked on the wiki.

This is probably the answer, they are possibly delaying pc results to slowly equalise them all.

In another 2 or 3 scans if they continue to add small delays to pc then consoles and pc results will hit at the same time

Edited by Spindle99