Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Quick Thinking Give My Warframe A Paralyzing Tummy Ache?

primetime112233

I am seriously debating just leaving it off because whenever it triggers your character seemingly doubles over in pain as you watch your energy get eaten away in big chunks and then your warframe just falls over. It seemed like a useful mod at first but I am finding the life stealing Furis to be more useful with Vitality instead of Quick Thinking. What is going on with that mod anyway? Whats the good of a mod that "saves" your life if you still can't get away?

I think that only happens if it triggers more than a set amount of times in a short period.

I notice that a lot too, which is why I only run on frames with really high energy and little to no additional survivability options.

It's to balance the mod. The rage quick thinking combo is a bit too strong at times and there does need to be some drawback.

Too strong? Pffft. More like badly stitched together safety mat for casters to land onto.

Low level (1-10): No need for that, you are strong enough to just stand there and take all the bullets easily.

Mid level (11-29): Still no need for that. Only some enemies hit very hard and even then it's still quite an easy game since your weapons and powers will blow anything away. Especially if you are the caster frame.

Higher (30+): Yes! Finally enemies do enough damage and can live long enough to justify using QT! But wait, now even lancers will do enough damage to make you enter DAMNED ENDLESS STAGGER UNTILL YOU DIE (and lose all your energy as a bonus).

TL;DR: Remove the damn stagger, it's irritating and serves no balance purposes anymore (ever since R+QT combo has been reworked).

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

Quick Thinking is pretty god-tier for frames that have a means of healing themselves (with Trinity being the absolute best with it, as she can both recover with 99% damage resistence with Blessing for a good amount of time and immediately get any lost energy back with Energy Vampire [duration Trinity for life]). It feels pretty awful without a healer around when using Quick Thinking.

DAMNED ENDLESS STAGGER UNTILL YOU DIE

I like that analogy a lot.

Quick Thinking is pretty god-tier for frames that have a means of healing themselves (with Trinity being the absolute best with it, as she can both recover with 99% damage resistence with Blessing for a good amount of time and immediately get any lost energy back with Energy Vampire [duration Trinity for life]). It feels pretty awful without a healer around when using Quick Thinking.

Interesting. I have to try that later.

Yes, it might work for Trin. But then you'll have to:

1. Make sure that from your entire party nobody will die before you go down to your QT.

1.a While being shot by the enemies and returning fire.

1.b And trying to get the objective done.

2. Not to have anything high level rapid fire in proximity unless you want to die from said "tummy ache" (dysenteria is not a joke). I am not sure even Link stops the stagger.

2.a I really wish I was a dragonfly so I could keep my (millions of) eye(s) on all of the above at the same time.

It's to balance the mod. The rage quick thinking combo is a bit too strong at times and there does need to be some drawback.

Not since it got reworked, which is ironically when it was added...on a 75% eff build, its not like you aren't sittin around with max energy anyway.

Imo, it should be removed, but as it is, I only use it on frames with a quick escape ability, like loki and nyx.

Yes, it might work for Trin. But then you'll have to:

1. Make sure that from your entire party nobody will die before you go down to your QT.

1.a While being shot by the enemies and returning fire.

1.b And trying to get the objective done.

2. Not to have anything high level rapid fire in proximity unless you want to die from said "tummy ache" (dysenteria is not a joke). I am not sure even Link stops the stagger.

2.a I really wish I was a dragonfly so I could keep my (millions of) eye(s) on all of the above at the same time.

1. You can monitor the health of your entire team (well, I can). I always tell my team mates that I recommend that they put on Quick Thinking (and most times they comply). I also am not afraid to self-hurt on lasers and other hazards. I normally run Survivals as Trinity, which tend to be 40-60 minute T4s (though it can easily go beyond that).

2. I use Primed Flow. That's 637 Energy at nearly all times (as I do keep Energy Vampire fueling my energy). I also run a maxed Vitality, which is nice. With Rage fueling energy as well, if I go down at any point in time, everyone else is already dead. Blessing lasts long enough for me to always max out energy no matter what, since I run the absolute highest amount of Duration that you can have on Trinity (which does mean the fabled toilet head Arcane helmet). It's also wise, in late game, to cast Blessing for 50% or higher resistence to survive the hardest hitters in order to cast the 99%.

It's all about strategy.

Edited by (PS4)ToastyFairy01

1. You can monitor the health of your entire team (well, I can). I always tell my team mates that I recommend that they put on Quick Thinking (and most times they comply). I also am not afraid to self-hurt on lasers and other hazards. I normally run Survivals as Trinity, which tend to be 40-60 minute T4s (though it can easily go beyond that).

2. I use Primed Flow. That's 637 Energy at nearly all times (as I do keep Energy Vampire fueling my energy). I also run a maxed Vitality, which is nice. With Rage fueling energy as well, if I go down at any point in time, everyone else is already dead. Blessing lasts long enough for me to always max out energy no matter what, since I run the absolute highest amount of Duration that you can have on Trinity (which does mean the fabled toilet head Arcane helmet). It's also wise, in late game, to cast Blessing for 50% or higher resistence to survive the hardest hitters in order to cast the 99%.

It's all about strategy.

1. Yes, sure. Z key works like a charm. The difference is "having on screen" doesn't equal to seeing because want it or not your eyes focus on separate parts of it. Like minimap is always there for ya but you don't "see" it until you need to navigate the map. If I am looking at my team's health I am not looking at my reticle thus hitting stuff isn't easy. To put it simple, human senses tend to fail keeping track of everything at once. Also self-hurt on lasers? Emmm. There on PC they kinda gib you without even letting you use QT at all from what I've seen.

Also even using TeamSpeak isn't enough sometimes due to delay between you saying something and others hearing it or other way around.

2. Yes, Primed Flow. Sure. Energy. High numbers. It's nice and all. Problem? Stunlock in a lot of cases. Esp on higher levels full-auto mobs. They deliver hits quick enough to NOT give you any window of opportunity to do anything before you flop on your back becoming a red square on the map. HGs for example can empty my entire 600 energy pool in about 1-2 seconds on T4 at the measly 20 min mark.

You seem to miss the point. It's not about how powerful Blessing becomes. It's about how any other caster frame will just die in a very situation this very mod is supposed to SAVE US. Sure, Trin might (might or might not) have just enough time to cast Blessing and save herself if you tap "4" hard enough. Too bad everyone else would just stagger around like a drunk in the night before slumping down at the side of the road to rest (in peace).

1. Yes, sure. Z key works like a charm. The difference is "having on screen" doesn't equal to seeing because want it or not your eyes focus on separate parts of it. Like minimap is always there for ya but you don't "see" it until you need to navigate the map. If I am looking at my team's health I am not looking at my reticle thus hitting stuff isn't easy. To put it simple, human senses tend to fail keeping track of everything at once. Also self-hurt on lasers? Emmm. There on PC they kinda gib you without even letting you use QT at all from what I've seen.

2. Yes, Primed Flow. Sure. Energy. High numbers. It's nice and all. Problem? Stunlock in a lot of cases. Esp on higher levels full-auto mobs. They deliver hits quick enough to NOT give you any window of opportunity to do anything before you flop on your back becoming a red square on the map. HGs for example can empty my entire 600 energy pool in about 1-2 seconds on T4 at the measly 20 min mark.

You seem to miss the point. It's not about how powerful Blessing becomes. It's about how any other caster frame will just die in a very situation this very mod is supposed to SAVE US. Sure, Trin might (might or might not) have just enough time to cast Blessing and save herself if you tap "4" hard enough. Too bad everyone else would just stagger around like a drunk in the night before slumping down at the side of the road to rest (in peace).

I don't find it hard to multi-task. I've played a support role since before I swapped to consoles and it is by far easier to my hands to use muscle memory on a controller than keyboard. Pressing buttons isn't hard, especially if you know where they are. There is only one enemy in the entire game that has an eratic movement pattern and that is a very particular and rare Grineer unit that has no place or even chance spawning in the Void. My primary tends to be either the Quanta of Phage (how I do love my Viral/Corrosive Phage), so you can only image what non-eratic enemies do when hit by them; they die, as they don't move out of the way like the Manic. With four Corrosive Projections, it doesn't matter what level they are. With three, it becomes unbearable when they hit 300+ (trust me, this sucks really bad). Void lasers do not insta-gib me unless I stand in there for four to six damage ticks (which is a stupid move in the first place; the lasers are the absolute last measure of self-harm and even then it posses the risk of Radiation, which blocks your team from recieving Blessing).

You don't seem to realize that I've been Trinity for a long, long time. Keeping Blessing at its full effect is second nature. It's natural for me. They literally have to insta-gib my health and all 637 energy within three shots and there are very, very few things that are remotely capable of that until the late levels (150+, for example). The secret? Don't get shot. Really. Be smart about it. As I mentioned before, it's about stragedy. Use Blessing to use Blessing to full effect (quite brilliant, really). I have only rarely been staggered while using Trinity (and at that point I should rightfully be dead), but that's because I've used her for so long.

However, I do speak to defend Trinity. She, in my opinion, is the tank (which is funny). Someone like Oberon and Chroma can't use Quick Thinking to the effect she does, but they can survive longer with it. Valkyr can use Quick Thinking to great effect and recover, but that wears off fairly quickly when Hysteria falls off. Chroma (I mentioned him earlier, but I'll touch up on him again) can be rather sturdy with Quick Thinking while using a Cold build, but he won't be able to self-heal naturally with Cold, but can with Heat. Limbo can, to a great effect, be a healer of sorts to others if he's a Limbro and uses Haven. Oberon... is Oberon, I guess. He can recover, but it'll only prolong his life.

It's ultimately all about stragedy.

-snip-

Yes, I can solo T4 surv for 40 mins just for the fun of it. Yes, I am MR19. Yes I have a sigil from the lvl 150 heavy melee-only 400 conclave restricted mini-event which I've managed to beat with a friend of mine, random pub and badly underequipped clanmate on the first try 0 problems. Thank you, I know how to play Warframe.

Ok, enough e-pen waving for you yet?

So let me ask, why on Earth would you have QT on Valkyr? No, I'd love to see that build really. She has armor, we have Steel Fiber (or as of recently Eternal War). Sure, she can survive longer with that. Like everyone can survive longer with Vigor but I am yet to see anyone using THAT. Practice dictates simple thing. High armor = Steel Fiber, Low armor = QT, lvl 100+ = die in 1-2 hit no matter what. And QT falls flat on its face.

Limbo the healer. Oh it's sure fun. Have even more fun being sniped out of the limbo by the nullifiers who seem to ignore banishment/rift walk.

Oberon the healer. He can heal but it's sad indeed. How QT applies to him is beyond me.

Chroma and QT. What were you even thinking may I ask? Dex armor + power strength + Steel Fiber. Try it. Even without Cold it lasts you a long while without depleting your energy pool.

In all those examples you gave QT applies in the same sense as sneezing in a balloon counts as inflating it. It has SOME effect which you certainly can see but it's still a floppy piece of rubber in your hand now with more slime on the inside and it doesn't work like it should.

Ultimately it's mostly about cheesing your enemy with CC (Nyx + Loki + Nova team comes to mind) where QT plays none of the roles it's supposed to do anyway because enemies don't even try to touch you. But if they do you die QT or not. Sure you try to look all skilled and stuff but in the end Warframe is the game where skill might be called a curse word really. Either you cheese your enemy or die cheesed. I am not saying it's not fun, just don't call it "strategy" and "skill".

But I digress. The topic is about QT. And QT doesn't work. Period.

I say remove it

I got the impression from its description : "drain energy to stop lethal damage" that it's supposed to save my butt, open up a small window so I can avoid being killed right on spot, with the penalty being the loss of energy. It's balance that way imo. And the stagger just ruins it. It's an unreliable mechanic and I feel like it needs to go