Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #52 Overview

AM-Bunny

I agree with the general idea that removing player choice is unwise.  I am not really getting how thats going to improve the game.  My main concern though, is being forced to wallrun all the time.  Coptering lets me play slower characters, and is a main part of the fun of the game for me.   If that goes, sadly, probably so do I.  Its hard to slow down when you're used to having that acceleration when you need it, especially when you need to grind, or catch up to your group.  I've had a blast trying different things the last few months, but I get the sense that the party may be coming to a slow painful end.

I genuinely think this starchart change is going to ruin the game.

This ^ I hope it doesn't feel like some type of arcade type random mission selector removing choice from players especially veterans that have everything already in game will feel very constricting and will give us even less variation what we liked about this game it feels like it will be less freedom for player choice in terms of missions and personally I don't like that idea.

Nobody has mentioned this, but what happened with power level?

20 missions, you need to separate into those by level, so what? 4 till lv 5, 4 for lv 12, 4 for 20, etc...?

Like 20 missions sounds small, but we will have EVEN LESS choice if we're leveling something weak/new or trying to get a challenge out of the mission with good gear...

Now if you divide that by 3 different factions...

you have less than 7 missions per faction available that need to be spread over different level ranges.

This is insane. There is NO WAY I can imagine this working...

You will have NO choice at all. Wanna use your new puncture weapon and level it? Well, you only have 1 low level grineer mission to play and it's exterminate. Don't want? Well, I guess you will now be forced to go to whatever high level exp-grind mission there is available and just leech of just like Draco.

Or people will just go play void missions as they do now. That if they are even able to choose to do so with the update...

I'm sorry, you're removing DEPTH from the game. The game has a lot of great missions, BUT we are forced to play the same thing over and over.

Why would I play this fancy interception when it's impossible to solo and there is no one around to play with?

When I don't get anything from playing it, BUT I know I can get something from doing ANY void mission and sell it for plat or ducats sometime?

Just make resources more scarce on the system but give nice planets and missions to farm them. Allow us to play the missions we want against the faction we want. Everything else is useless for the game.

Also farming for frames is gonna take forever. Better get the Blueprints for the one I'm missing until then because after that it will be really hard for anyone (especially NEW PLAYERS) to get anything they want.

If you are really going with this kind of starchart (a very veeery dangerous rework if you ask me) I can only see this work like that :

You have all "regions" (Mercury,Erff,Saturn,Uranus.Mars,Venus,Ceres,Eris,Pluto,Neptune,Sedna,Phobos,Jupiter,Europa,Void,Orokin Derelict).

You choose Erff?Ok, what tier or difficulty setting? - Low level. (depending on the planet selected)

- Average level (depending on the planet)

- High level (depending on the planet)

- Veteran level (to make old chaps visit Erff again without falling asleep) picto-cadenas.png

(nightmare & alerts are still there,bla bla blaa...)

Level 5-9 huh?Cool. Mission types then. - Extermination

- Spy (needs Stealth 2.0,but it isn't the question)

- Defense

- Survival

- Sabotage

- Mobile Defense (it needs its 2.0 but it isn't the question)

- Deception (it needs its 2.0 but it isn't the question)

- Assassination (the boss will still scale with your conclave etc...& foes are in the average level)

Erff,Level 5-9 & Spy? Okay man, let's go to Suisei. Happy hunting.

What about the good old progression we lost after the Mad Cephalon update? Well, you can't play the level range abov if you don't have unlocked all the difficulty settings below. (the thing would be grayed out,with a picto-cadenas.png icon next to it) Same for assassinations AND there's a hint to the location it'll unlock upon completion ("Road to Venus")

This is the only way I see clearly working without messing with nubz & veteran players. It's classical, I know, but at least anyone who played a Mario game can find his/her way with ease. Even the guy who grew up with Sonic can feel like home!

Edited by unknow99

I'm looking forward to player made quests, but the starchart overhaul.. I just don't see that going well in any way shape or form.

It would make more sense to make each planet for X - X level range, and have one node for each mission type like others have suggested. That would condense the chart to roughly 252 nodes, give or take a few due to logic (survival on Earth, wat)

Edited by Aoden

Removal of player choice for game type play.... Not a fan of this type of decision i must say

Couldn't agree more.  This terrifies me.  Taking away even a small portion of a player's ability to play the game the way they want to play it is never a good move.  Personally, I like the star chart the way it is.  Maybe pretty it up a little, but to somehow turn 300+ nodes into twenty?  There is no way to do that without dumbing down your game.

Nowhere does it say the bosses will be temporary/rotated. Read again.

Actually, that does seem to be implied

STEVE: Here's Void Vor, and he has "this" to-day, and he's drifting in and out of the solar system. So there is a bit of a time-based thing that we're planning for Update 17.

I think it's incredibly embarassing for DE how Steve is completely ignoring Rebecca while she's trying to maintain a professional attitude and ask him questions from the community, while he keeps joking about beer.

Especially when what she's doing is giving an official voice to a number of very real and relevant concerns from the playerbase.

Why don't we just wait and see what the changes to the star chart will bring to the table.

People ignore 90% of the damn thing anyways and now they feel "robbed" of choices they would not have made anyway. Let's just wait and see, DE has to fix it anyway if it doesn't turn out to be an improvement over the current version.

Really surprised that nobody seems to care about Parkour 2.0 which most of the stream was about lol

I really like the changes so far although I feel like some of the animations look uhm... "old" (?!) maybe a bit clunky. I hope they're going to create a bunch of new ones. The transition from breaking to wall running to jumping of a wall seem to sudden IMO.

I think it's incredibly embarassing for DE how Steve is completely ignoring Rebecca while she's trying to maintain a professional attitude and ask him questions from the community, while he keeps joking about beer.

Especially when what she's doing is giving an official voice to a number of very real and relevant concerns from the playerbase.

Agreed, sadly. Sometimes I get pretty frustrated watching the streams sometimes, but Rebecca always does a great job trying to stick to the topics. I think half of their shenanigans is intentional when they're trying to deflect the sensitive questions.

I mean, it's just rude when someone's in the middle of talking to you to burst out laughing at something in twitch chat or make silly faces and what not. Imagine if an actor was being interviewed and they're staring at their phone the whole time, interrupting questions saying "haha cats are so funny" or something like that.

New Starchart
• Hoping to appear in U17
• 300 nodes are being condensed to 20 nodes
• There may be time-based instances, such as Vor appearing temporarily, dropping different things each time
• Similar to Alerts, but hopefully not something that punishes players for sleeping
• There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall
• Re-viewing player made quests again and designing the starchart so that these will be able to fit into it; hopefully this will be the answer to players that resent the removal of choice

For F***'s sake, more RNG?

Is this in response to players doing Draco/Siemeni runs for fast credit farming? Because if that's the case, they (DE) needs to stop making us farm credits for everything.

For F***'s sake, more RNG?

Is this in response to players doing Draco/Siemeni runs for fast credit farming? Because if that's the case, they (DE) needs to stop making us farm credits for everything.

Yeah.

As some have said, "there will always be a Viver". If DE nerfs one farming spot, people will just migrate to the next best one. The only way to eliminate this mindset is to give us unstable ground that changes, so we don't have a single farming node to cling to. In that respect, it will succeed, because we will be forced into playing more game modes and more tilesets. But this is only true for the players that remain after the change is implemented.

As I mentioned before, this is just Vivergate on a global scale.

• Similar to Alerts, but hopefully not something that punishes players for sleeping

But it sounds exactly like that...

Because Baro Ki'Teers two week rotation is such a good thing. (btw, it's not)

But it sounds exactly like that...

Because Baro Ki'Teers two week rotation is such a good thing. (btw, it's not)

Sounds like it's like alerts with a more generous time frame. They threw out the words "daily" and "weekly".

So, less "punish players for sleeping" more "punish players for taking a week off of warframe".

14 Planets, 3 Factions, 20 Nodes and a level range from 1 to 47.

I want to know if the "Design Council" actually plays the game. I have all nodes unlocked (and I still prefer the starchart before this one). Why not give people a goal to complete the starchart and not just and XP reward.

If you are really going with this kind of starchart (a very veeery dangerous rework if you ask me) I can only see this work like that :

You have all "regions" (Mercury,Erff,Saturn,Uranus.Mars,Venus,Ceres,Eris,Pluto,Neptune,Sedna,Phobos,Jupiter,Europa,Void,Orokin Derelict).

You choose Erff?Ok, what tier or difficulty setting? - Low level. (depending on the planet selected)

- Average level (depending on the planet)

- High level (depending on the planet)

- Veteran level (to make old chaps visit Erff again without falling asleep) picto-cadenas.png

(nightmare & alerts are still there,bla bla blaa...)

Level 5-9 huh?Cool. Mission types then. - Extermination

- Spy (needs Stealth 2.0,but it isn't the question)

- Defense

- Survival

- Sabotage

- Mobile Defense (it needs its 2.0 but it isn't the question)

- Deception (it needs its 2.0 but it isn't the question)

- Assassination (the boss will still scale with your conclave etc...& foes are in the average level)

Erff,Level 5-9 & Spy? Okay man, let's go to Suisei. Happy hunting.

What about the good old progression we lost after the Mad Cephalon update? Well, you can't play the level range abov if you don't have unlocked all the difficulty settings below. (the thing would be grayed out,with a picto-cadenas.png icon next to it) Same for assassinations AND there's a hint to the location it'll unlock upon completion ("Road to Venus")

This is the only way I see clearly working without messing with nubz & veteran players. It's classical, I know, but at least anyone who played a Mario game can find his/her way with ease. Even the guy who grew up with Sonic can feel like home!

^^^ This I could really get behind. It would keep the ability to have some degree of Progression, while also maximizing and optimizing player choice, all the while streamlining the process of getting into a game you want to be in considerably (assuming it kept your settings between mission runs). You'd also have a bigger pool of people in general to work with in terms of hopping into PUGs, so if you wanted to be in a group, you'd pretty much always be able to get one. Additionally, it'd work out well for Premade groups going for specific things, as you'd get a more variable experience that still caters to what your group is aiming for, at least ideally.

The problem is that that is not what I'm hearing from DE in this instance.

What I'm hearing from DE (apart from Rebecca, who was pretty much openly against it) is the desire to return to a Warframe Mission Structure circa November/October 2012, where you had a more randomized "Mission Card System." It feels like regression to me. Heck, it kinda feels (and the implications of this statement are not lost on me) like it's going towards an Asian Free To Play Action Game model, like Ace Combat Infinity, or Gundam Battle Operation - the analogy would be even more appropriate if you could only run so many missions at a time before waiting an hour and a half to run one more mission. I'm hoping against hope that this ISN'T the case, but there is a bit of concern here.

Time will tell, I suppose. Until more information is available, I can't make an informed opinion one way or another - and anything else is just gut reaction with a hint of knee-jerk on the side. I am calling it as I see it, with the hope that I'm proven wrong some time soon.