The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

100 Plat For A Rare Resource Blueprint

ensignvidiot

And we finally see the first "pay to win" items put into Warframe.

100P is completely ridiculous. I'd be scant to pay even 50 for something I can go pick up by fighting Raptor or Vay Hek a few times.

Not impressed. At all.

100P is completely ridiculous. I'd be scant to pay even 50 for something I can go pick up by fighting Raptor or Vay Hek a few times.

Not impressed. At all.

Warframe literally cannot be pay to win. It's not a competative game...

Ok, maybe in Pvp, but everything is still attainable without platinum. It's not p2w.

That being said, I'm also not a fan of being able to buy resources for platinum.

Not impressed. At all.

how is it pay to win if you claim that you can easily grab it by doing a boss run?

ugh...i need to stop reading some of these threads.

Edited by Hypernaut1

It's pay4convenience just like every other plat item. If you consider these "pay2win" then the completed resources that have been available since day one are also "pay2win". 

Pay2win - IMo - entered as soon as trading was introduced and we were able to trade plat for ranked mods.

Just greasing the wheels for stripping freedom of choice in missions.

player:"will take forever to farm resources if the tiles are random"

corpus DE:"fear not, you can now craft rare resources... for a... small fee"

The very fact that every system will be chopped down to tiny little pitiful nodes is all the more reason we will need these kind of BP's down the road but the plat cost needs cut in half .. or is De going to take Warframe down the path of Vindictus and make it to where resources will not only be needed in abundance but take weeks/months to get. Have no fear tho .. your wallet can save you?

Ugh, I was all excited for these items. I don't mind the plat cost, but the resource cost seems steep. Alloy Plates, I've got millions of. But Nano Spores, not so much. I suppose I could farm them out quite easily, but then I could also farm the Neurodes and Neural Sensors quite easily...

Not sure how to feel about these :/

I think the price is justified since you will be able to use the blueprint for literally the rest of eternity— or at least til the game shuts down. 

Thing is, they can just make future gear take less of those "rare" resources with a bp. And just make up a new resource like... mmm, I don't know. Tellurium? Then later on maybe some other time sensitive resource if Argon is too predictable.

Let's skip the fact that it's 100 plat for the blueprint. The resources needed to make them are RIDICULOUS. 50k nano, 50k alloy and 25k salvage ?! 

I have 126k salvage in total and I don't remember using it for anything lately... that means I can craft 5.

I should've checked the resource cost 1st. Q_Q

Thing is, they can just make future gear take less of those "rare" resources with a bp. And just make up a new resource like... mmm, I don't know. Tellurium? Then later on maybe some other time sensitive resource if Argon is too predictable.

But no matter what, that resource will be a thing in-game. You will always need them. 

yeah these prints are not worth it

and DE, please listen for a moment.

DO NOT decrease the drop rates of those resources in order to boost sales. that is going to end REALLY bad for you guys. That's the fast track to a dead game with no community, its been done before, and its never worked. 

It sounds like a bit of a prelude to "Hey, these are going to get WAY more rare." I've seen it happen a bunch of times in different areas. When open beta first started, R5 cores were the most common core drop...I remember using them very frivolously. I mean c'mon, I have over 80 cells sitting in storage without even trying for them...and that's after building every single cell-sucking prime weapon. So I can see them becoming a little more rare. That, of course, is all speculation, though.

I will agree with Overdose, that it seems VERY veteran focused. I have over 2 million alloy, and even with my insane crafting of health/energy restores, I still am over 1 million spores, and probably half a million salvage just piling up with no use. So, while I think the resource cost is still a tad high (C'mon, DE these rare resources aren't THAT rare), I don't mind having a sync for those unused material piles.

Also, people need to rope in their expectations. 100 plat is more than reasonable. That's the cost of buying 10 of the resources on the market, except you're gaining the ability to craft as many as you want, resources permitting, for basically the rest of time this game is running. Seems a more than reasonable plat cost.