Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dera Vandal Vs Karak Wraith: Nef Anyo Vs Salad V

Swailwort

As much as I want the dera, I would side with Alad.

It's not that I pity the fool, but rather because I don't want to see more villains perish quickly. I just don't see how Nef would be a proper replacement for being the corpus antagonist.

(And even if alad uses the cure to make the infestation better, I still want to see more harshness from this fool.)

Edited by Jaruis

Can someone give me a convincing explanation of why the Karak is superior to the Dera?

Karak is Warframe's equivalent of AK-47. Rough, utilitarian and satisfying to use.

Dera is Warframe's equivalent of folding your fingers into pistol shape and going "Pew, pew, pew." for how much impact it has. It's also TOO FRIGGIN THIN! No, but seriously ,that thing is made from cardboard. I've seen cosplayers with more convincing gun models.

I jest... mostly.

If Salad has the cure to the infestation, he'll be able to spread his Mutalists everywhere and then extort the civilizations he's infected by selling them the cure at an exhorbitant rate.

On the other hand, what kind of guardians would we be if we just destroyed the cure to a system-wide infection?

I'd rather take the cure for ourselves and then destroy any traces of it left in the lab as Anyo requested.

I'm not particularly interested in helping a religious zealot destroy the cure for a virus. Sure, Salad may try to utilize the cure for nefarious purposes, but we know where to find him. And that he won't win a match of Punchies with me.

The only other location for a cure, or at least a resistance to, would be within the Tenno. If another cure has been found, we can avoid drawing the attention to our own immunity to the disease, so it's less likely your allies will end up in the labs of madmen in the future.

I, for one, would expect that greedy scammer Nef Anyo to take the cure and only give it to those who "truly believe" in the Void, and we all know his precautionary measures are of the utmost annoyance.

yeah.. perhaps we need.... a third side... OUR side...

Just because we are forced to make one choice doesn't really mean we must side/agree totally with the other.

I wished we could keep the "cure" data ourselves :) maybe to enable future projects, like evolve our Kubrows or something... lol

I just like how so many people are saying that Dera / Karak is their favourite weapon, yet I hardly ever see anyone using either one in a mission. 

I want them both, both standard weapons rock so the upgrades should be sweet.

Can you play 4x missions and be in line to get either at the end of the event ?

Or is it the choice you made = score or go home empty handed ?

no....the karak shoots bullets which is against corpus lore. The karak is a grinner weapon.

I do believe they meant the fact you said "but I'm wondering why the corpus have a grineer weapon and the grineer have a corpus weapon" when Anyo and Alad are both Corpus (were Corpus) and you said a Grineer had a Corpus weapon when in fact their are no Grineer Factions to side with in this event. Maybe you are referring to something different, but that's how it sounded.

Can someone give me a convincing explanation of why the Karak is superior to the Dera?

I havent seen any stats for them so saying which one is "superior" is impossible at the moment but the Karak Wraith has hitscan and ease of use going for it which in many gamers minds = "superior".

TO ALL OF YOU WHO WANT TO SUPPORT NEF ANYO DUE TO DERA VANDAL REWARD:

Guys do you even think before you decide to side with Nef Anyo? I will present my opinion simply:

What if our world had been infected by a disease like the Technocyte virus and the only way to stop it from spreading was to exterminate everyone who was infected from it?? Can you imagine that? Millions of people would have to be wiped out , maybe whole nations would have to be exterminated. Would you not prefer to instead find a cure that would heal all the infected population instead of wiping them out?Even if it was one of your worst enemies like Alad V , would you throw a chance like that away ??

Besides all of that , i think Karak is the most bad-! assault rifle in the game , both in terms of looks and sound (Soma and Soma Prime are LMGs if I am not mistaken). A Wraith version would be even more awesome, don't you think?Dera and every other Corpus weapons are garbage im my opinion and also the Dera has projectile travel time.

So why not support Salad V ?? And if you really want to see him getting REKT , you will surely find a chance later on. 

Edited by Ghostxdm

I'm really sad we're not getting the Dera. Not because the Dera is a better weapon than the Karak, but because I have no colour schemes that go with the Wraith weapons, and all my colour schemes go with the Vandals. 

I'm really sad we're not getting the Dera. Not because the Dera is a better weapon than the Karak, but because I have no colour schemes that go with the Wraith weapons, and all my colour schemes go with the Vandals. 

After a similar event where everyone was rewarded Wraith Machete instead of Prova Vandal, Prova Vandal appeared in a later event. It says in the operation notes that the same will happen to the losing weapon this time. It appears Karak will be the winner so far and that means Dera Vandal will appear in a later event.

They really shouldn't have shown the rewards.

Reading posts here, it seems that the weapon is the deciding factor and not even the cure for infestation/Alad V (if it even works).

Plain stupid.

Yeah stupid...you know....except for the fact not everyone plays Warframe for the story. I could have gone either way with who I would side with, even with the rewards (I dont like Karak or Dera). So I just went with the one my friend wanted, but yeah stupid that not everyone plays this game for the same reason you do.

I still don't get if you can get the weapon siding 2 times with Alad and 2 times with Nef...

We all will get the weapon of the guy who will win in the event. No matter who you sided with, if he loses - you'll get the other weapon.