The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dera Vandal Vs Karak Wraith: Nef Anyo Vs Salad V

Swailwort

Braton is a spray weapon with large cone of fire.

What?

Only if you stick Heavy Caliber on it. It's quite accurate, otherwise.

I really liked the Karak when I was new to the game, but I honestly can't see how they can improve it in a way that won't just make it an inferior Braton Prime (status), inferior Soma Prime (crits) or inferior Boltor Prime (raw damage), unless the stats are absurdly buffed over the base model Karak.

I don't exactly have high expectations for the Dera Vandal either, but at least it has a chance of being something we don't already have.

So much this. At least the Hind has that wacky look and a five-round burst mechanic going for it. But the Karak? One of the most boring primaries I've used.

Honestly I was really surprised at the support for Alad V on this first round.

I think there is also another factor.

To be honest this has the exact same problem Gradivus did. What I mean is that, in Gradivus both sides had their ups and down but (aside from reward bribing and filthy bandwagoning) while playing essentially players were only being told two things, one side kills your people, the other saves them. That obviouly generated a lot of bias for those that did not see the whole context.

Same here, Alad here is coming with puppy dog eyes and many conveniently ignore (or are unaware) of what he's done. I will respect you if you choose Alad but at least doubt his intentions, meanwhile Nef is just preaching and once more, a lot of the people of people only see what's in their faces rather than looking at the whole thing which in this case is the very likely betrayal of Alad.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed insulting content

Dera ftw! I love my Dera (sadly it can't hold up these days due to it's lack of power)

Alad V can go die in a hole imho. Why would Tyr Regor have a "cure" for being infested? He wasn't working on that to begin with, he was working on clone tech. At most, Alad could most likely use the tech to create a new, uninfested body.

Alad deserves what's coming to him. He played with fire and now he's getting burned by the flames of karma.

Also.. what has Nef done to us other than con the universe for credits... sure he built a array of riot moas with the money but we pretty much bankrupted him afterwards.

Characters aside, we have a lot of hitscan weapons as it is, need to switch it up. Karak is the weapon I got, it was "eh" and I went on. And who knows, maybe this Dera will be decent. Things aside, if it has a higher stat rate that would make it good as that kind of weapon. Don't really need more generic rifles.

Alad V is already winning.

You better take our Karak side because it was obvious:

Grineer Weps > Corpus Weps

Quanta, Gammacor... especially the variants.

Edited by MartinVole

I'm supporting Alad in this event in the hopes that DE becomes original about what he does with this serum. Because frankly the whole "this guy was lying to you all along" cliche is just so... so overdone. 

Here's a thing that people seem to forget about Anyo's sergeant days is that HE is the one who sold the cryopods, according to Lotus he's been selling them to third parties. In my head cannon that sound the alarm that... 

Nef finds cryopods > sold them > Alad bought them > Alad did "sci ency" stuff > We get rid of Alad > Nef is rich > He becomes a televangelist > Tries to rip off innocents > We stop him > Present.

I'm supporting Alad in this event in the hopes that DE becomes original about what he does with this serum. Because frankly the whole "this guy was lying to you all along" cliche is just so... so overdone.

Here's a thing that people seem to forget about Anyo's sergeant days is that HE is the one who sold the cryopods, according to Lotus he's been selling them to third parties. In my head cannon that sound the alarm that...

Nef finds cryopods > sold them > Alad bought them > Alad did "sci ency" stuff > We get rid of Alad > Nef is rich > He becomes a televangelist > Tries to rip off innocents > We stop him > Present.

What would you expect from someone who is money hungry? Yes, he sold them, but he didn't know they were alive and he is not the one disecting them. It's in part HIS fault, but Alad is a lot worse than him.

Quanta, Gammacor... especially the variants.

Tell me a Grineer Weapon that is ACTUALLY better than a Corpus similar...

Marelok<Synoid

Jat Kittag=Serro

Lanka>Vulkar

Amprex>Anything Else.

Supra>Gorgon/Grakata

Dera=Karak

Opticor>Anything Else.

The only real Grineer Weapon that can be considered superior is Tonkor>Penta.

Edited by Swailwort

Actually, both weapon seems like Mastery fodder, thus I could not make up my mind.

So I decided that perhaps I should decide based on whose face (of the two main actors, Mr rotting face vs Mr digital beard) I dislike less...

damn... still can't decide....

What if we dont help Alad and he gets transformed into a giant annoying bastard of a boss? would we want that?

And Karak is obviously better.

Now that's an idea

Let's make salad 5 the 2.0 Lephantis

IMAGINE