Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Headshots Deadly

Blazej_aka_zymla

Hi,

So I had a little break from Warframe, finally was able to play other games and almost always bullet in a head was a solution.

Really, does it make sense when you pack 10 bullets in enemy face and he still stands?

Making Headshots deadly would make Endless Defence misssions actually possible.

I admit, it would make a new player with weak weapons possible to kill an enemy or two on Pluto but he will also be dead after a couple seconds because their weapons will kill him with one hit.

Edit: Yes, I agree with posts below that it would make fast shooting weapons like vipers or beam weapons like Quanta too OP so in this case this will not work well. So let's not include secondary weapons at all, think about slow, high caliber weapons like sniper rifles that can easily go through any armor and masks, if they were deadly in headshots they wouldnt be abused cause they are not comfortable in close combat. Really, sniper rifles are underrated in this game imo.

Edited by zymla

If all headshots were instant kills, then we wouldn't have to potato, forma, and mod weapons for damage.

*Edit: to clarify, this is why I disagree with the suggestion above.

Edited by DaftMeat

If all headshots were instant kills, then we wouldn't have to potato, forma, and mod weapons for damage.

Yeah, but You dont always have time to aim when there are 30 enemies around so in this case mods and potatos have sense because you shoot mostly in chest.

But how about stealth mission? You aim with silenced sniper rifle right in a head and then enemy runs away to turn on the alarm, why? because he is high level?

It doesnt matter how strong You are if your brain is drilled with bullet you die

Edited by zymla

yay 2500 posts!

also true. enemies clearly have improved their face mask technology in the future. 

Few problems/questions with this:
1) It would make pinpoint beam weapons (such as the quanta or gammacor) much more powerful, regardless of mods or anything else.
There are some people who still claim that the gammacor is broken.  And allowing it to just sweep a crowd super quickly and drop every enemy in it would make it undoubtedly broken.

And the same thing would happen for any beam weapon.  You could easily swipe over the faces of a crowd of any size and isntakill everything with no problem what-so-ever.

We really dont need 50 meter instant death up to level 9999 beam weapons.  And those would be the only useful weapons at that point because of their 100% near instant hit accuracy up to their range of 50 meters.

2) How would this work with most shotguns?  Would only a single pellet be needed for insta death?  Or would it require a certain number of pellets to hit the face?  How would their damage fall-off affect this?

3) Headshots already deal 2x damage (or higher in some cases up to x4).  This also multiplies crit damage (meaning a 4x crit on a head deals 8x damage).
I dont think we need insta-death ontop of that.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Yeah, but You dont always have time to aim when there are 30 enemies around so in this case mods and potatos have sense because you shoot mostly in chest.

Uh, you do.

Most of the enemies are around the same height. No issues with hitting over 10 headshots in a row with a single auto burst.

If it were a feature it would be OP as F***.

Head-crits are a thing already and Redheadcrits are the highest source of damage outside of abilities (like damage buffs or damage sponges like AMD and Absorb) in the entire game. It is enough.

Edited by Artarrwen

1) Headshots already have a bonus to my knowledge.

2) Snipers, bows, possibly shotguns, semi-auto weapons, and virtually any weapon that doesn't fire fast would become useless.

3) This defeats the purpose of modding for anything save for RPM, certain status effects, and magazine/clip size.

4) Technically, there is now a way to survive infinitely in any survival or defense, which nullifies the purpose of scaling.

5) Most Warframe abilities become useless as do most Warframes.

Headshots deal so much damage already that if you're not one-shotting enemies with them, you're not modding your weapons correctly. Something else you have to take into consideration is that most of the enemies in the game have heavy facemasks. Have you seen the Corpus? They have these huge welder's masks, and if you shoot those off you deal a ton of damage. The Grineer tend to have either thick helmets, or full faceplates to protect them. If the rest of their armor is any indication, that stuff is heavy, and really does require multiple bullets to get through.

Hi,

So I had a little break from Warframe, finally was able to play other games and almost always bullet in a head was a solution.

Really, does it make sense when you pack 10 bullets in enemy face and he still stands?

Making Headshots deadly would make Endless Defence misssions actually possible.

I admit, it would make a new player with weak weapons possible to kill an enemy or two on Pluto but he will also be dead after a couple seconds because their weapons will kill him with one hit.

*Edit: to clarify, this is why I disagree with the suggestion above.

1) Headshots already have a bonus to my knowledge.

2) Snipers, bows, possibly shotguns, semi-auto weapons, and virtually any weapon that doesn't fire fast would become useless.

3) This defeats the purpose of modding for anything save for RPM, certain status effects, and magazine/clip size.

4) Technically, there is now a way to survive infinitely in any survival or defense, which nullifies the purpose of scaling.

5) Most Warframe abilities become useless as do most Warframes.

Archwing has no bosses.

Most space bosses are HUGE. They need to be to hold 50 turrets shooting at you. 50 hangar bays deploying fighters. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmor. Lol

Crit spots would need to be added to these to help defeat them faster.

Give us Giant stuff to shoot with our Archwings DE.

But how about stealth mission? You aim with silenced sniper rifle right in a head and then enemy runs away to turn on the alarm, why? because he is high level?

It doesnt matter how strong You are if your brain is drilled with bullet you die

Don't have time to aim? There is pistols out there that put out 40 rounds a second.

We would just put on 6 mods to have more ammo, zero extra damage and just aim in the general area of the face, and put 40 rounds there.

Also: PayDay2 Skulldozer:

Skulldozers can also be taken down in two shots to the faceplate or three shots to the body from the Thanatos .50 cal rifle.

Its called armor. When the bullet CANT get to the brain, the number of shots needs to be GREATER then one. Imagine how many NORMAL rounds it takes to kill a Skulldozer when you DONT have a 50 cal.

Edited by DSpite

I'm for a conditional instant-kill. 
Sniper rifle stealth headshot on an unshielded enemy or that goes through the shield? Instakill.

Weapons like the Latron, the Lex, etc, these should be able to instakill Grunts, like crewmen and lancers. Characters like bombards and heavy gunners, I think these weapons should deal auto-crits. Like, headshots should automatically apply crits on top of extra damage.

This shouldn't apply to rapid fire weapons or pellet weapons.

I feel this would balance the field for people who like these kinds of weapons in endgame content. I find my Latron next to useless compared to a well built boltor or soma (all prime, obvi). I really feel that all weapons should be end-game capable. A lot of the fun weapons have been nerfed, or just were never strong enough to really handle end game content, even with proper modding, and it makes me sad, because I REALLY want to love my Drakgoon cannon.