Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

Removed invuln, increased damage.

What Damage ? i made few runs with my banshee ( lvl 30 supercharged , flow max, cont max , focus max, stream max , sound quake max ) and the radius was 20 M , now its 10 m and  less damage , you better use a Shade to hide  or start shooting .  banshee( the rarest warframe) is dead, rhino ( the tank ) is dead .

Edited by HuskyBanks

DEVS i hope you read this. I cant wait to get this bossly guy, and its sick, but what if he could setup machines or turrets or something like that. Maybe a shield? or will that be a different guy? Im not slamming him at all i love his abilities but i just wanted to suggest some other possible ones. 

Thanks,

Your Ash, and soon to be Vauban,

ApolloBiff

What Damage ? i made few runs with my banshee ( lvl 30 supercharged , flow max, cont max , focus max, stream max , sound quake max ) and the radius was 20 M , now its 10 m and  less damage , you better use a Shade to hide  or start shooting .  banshee( the rarest warframe) is dead, rhino ( the tank ) is dead .

I'd say Vauban is rarer, simply because it will take the grace of god to get lucky enough to be awake, near a computer with Warframe and internet access, and have a competent Warframe set up when the part alerts pop up.

I never really had/played a Rhino before but I have been in countless squads composed of 3 Rhinos + me.

I just started recently about 2 weeks ago and only have 2 warframes - Ash and Volt (deleted my starter Mag warframe).

Honestly, this situation creates more room for team work and is an actual eye opener for the players to actually use other warframes and their respective skill sets. Come on guys, lighten up. The game won't end just because Rhino got badly beated by the nerf stick.

We've all played our fair share or co-op runs but I honestly haven't seen anyone use Mag's Bullet Attractor as well as Banshee's silence to be used effectively in-game. Heck, aside from myself, I rarely see other Volts use shocks and shields. FFS, each warframe has FOUR friggin skills. We're supposed to use all of them and not just rely on 1 or 2 skills to get things done.

IMO, killing one's frame signature skills would really mean killing the frame. Rhino is (or was, after this patch) famous for it's CC immunity that his skill, Iron Skin gives and none of the three other skills is actually good. You probably would not recommend people to use rhino because of his Rhino Stomp, isn't it? First thing that you would emphasize is about his Iron Skin. Nerfing that thing would make it hard for people to recommend other to use Rhino.

Starting as Mag, I felt that her skills, on the paper, are all good. It's just that on field some of it is absolutely not practical to use. using "Shield Polarize" is hard, since it's so difficult to target the person/enemy properly, and it's gives only a bit. "Bullet Attractor" is better, but it's not practical to waste 75 point just to cast it on mostly normal enemies and it does not do anything other than increasing hitbox. IMO, the signature move of Mag isn't her "Crush" (since its not unique and many other frame skill essentially does the same), but her "Pull" which is unique and none other frame could do the same. When ally is downed, Rhino with Iron Skin rushes in and tank the damage, while Mag pulls the downed toward her. That's a nice teamwork, for example.

That's why I said in my previous post, rather than NERFING everything,  BUFF the skills that we though useless and not practical so we could look people use the skills more. the concept of "nerfing" in a PvE game is IMO, strange and not needed. Like the other said, leave the Player and make the Environment harsher to give us challenge, not nerfing.

Edited by Tsualla

When I started playing the game, I found the first few planets SO PAINFUL to play through already because credits were hard to come by at a fast rate. By making everything blueprinted or largely increasing the credit pricing, you're only making it really difficult for new players to really get into the game. It's discouraging and puts people off because it encourages those who aren't too into the game yet to spend money on plat.

Also, the Rhino nerf is a bit much, I'd say. The most important power for Rhino is Iron Skin. One of the other skills is essentially Slash Dash, and then the other two are expensive AoE stuns. Iron Skin losing invincibility is fine, but 80% damage reduction feels low, especially on higher levels when it's really needed. Now Rhino players will have to watch Trinity and Ember players cast invincibility and do a better job at the role Rhino was meant to play...

So why, exactly, is a PVE game getting such harsh and unfair nerfs? Why bother using your ultimates now if you're just going to get sniped from across the room or murdered by the few guys that weren't in range during the super long animations. A lot of people flat out don't want to use rhino anymore and the price increases in the market does nothing but punishes anyone new to the game that joins after it. Meanwhile frost and excalibur, the dev's clear favorites, are still the top without any sign of nefs.

Guys, no one plays half the frames in this game, instead of nerfing anything cool and making anything not excal or frost play like crap, maybe buff the frames no one plays so there's some variation out there instead of nerfing them furhter into oblivion? It's dull getting into a game with three excals or frosts constantly. It's all ironic too considering just how over powered vauban is on top of it all.

EDIT: On rhino, instead of removing his invincibility totally why not just tweak the cost or something so people can't just cosntantly be invincible and do things like solo defense missions to wave 30, but rhino won't be rendered completely impotent since he could still use invincibility where it's important.

Edited by DAWGUNITALPHA

Wow, did Vaubans first skill Tesla already get nerfed? It was doing nice damage at max level and then I went to eat and came back and the damage is terrible. What the hell is the point of nerfing everything into uselessness?

'll Give you alert Vauban SEVERAL faith or faith alone because I mean I live in the Reunion Island and low lag 6h ago so while there have the first warning of Vauban those low life Reunion "like me" we missed the warning Vauban (I hope you go back an hour this alert from us thank you!

I'm French so if there is fault on the text that I put excuse me

DE is next right? :)

In the last livestream, they talked about buffing abilities, because the weapons simply did more damage. Which kind of made some abilities useless, and ammo is soooooo much easier to come by then energy orbs at times. They buffed some offensive abilities, like they said they would, but they nerfed defensive abilities like iron skin. I know Iron skin need a rework, but its broken... idk maybe its just me but I get knocked down, and toxic ancients tear me a new one. Maybe things are a bit buggy becuase of the patch, like my volts ult, It use to make you invincible when you cast it and now when I cast it to get my squad out of a sticky situation I end up going down becuase some grineer or corpus out of its range was shoot at me the entire time and i was defenseless lol. which is why I believe this maybe a bug or maybe its intended. But DE go to the community before making frame buffs or nerfs maybe put a poll up on design council with regards to it, I'm not one to use rhino, moving slowly doesnt suit my play style, but when I did play the frame that was the only useful thing...Everything else that came with this fix is realy good, but dont bring this into a play to win game, I got sick of planetside 2 because of that. The moving alot to bps doesnt really bother me, becuase I built most of the frames already and money and resources arent hard to obtiain, for me...this makes it really hard for new players to get into this game. From what I read new players will be stuck with the starting gear for a looooonnnngggg time. To end this rant, i'll say this  fix the rhino nerf, it just made the stated tank kinda pointless, and involve the community in the nerfs and buffs in the future, not some thread about someone complaining about this or that, because if they could use whatever they are complaning about they would not complain about it. Involve the coucil in future nerfs and buffs plz

dont know if you said i didnt give other frame a chance, not true, play plenty on my others. Also, nobody claimed it revolves around rhino, but riddle me this, would you not feel the same if the frame you wanted more than any of the others, the one you put the most time and effort into, got his S#&$ ripped like rhino currently has? (who knows about future updates) People say "oh so its not invul and you cant easy mode go cry elsewhere" thats not the point, i dont solo easy mode it through levels. The point is that they have reduced his overall effectiveness without giving him ANY boon in every other area his is weak in. He is slower, has almost no dmg abilities aside from medicore dmg from charge and blast, "oh, what about his ult?" in a cluster F*** it doesnt do much because it doesnt damage them, maybe if i cost less id buy into that but as it stands its an ability i use sparingly and even then it is a very breif moment of pause before your buried balls deep in gun fire/mobs again unless your team is hopefully alive and able to get an ult off before then, but now with IS nuked thats really not an option if your team is down because you cant revive them cause you'll get gutted while doing it even with IS because even if dmg is reduced, im gettin blased by 15 corpus crewman lvl40+ im not lasting long either. The nerf is something that can be dealt with in the long run, its the fact that he was already lower dmg and spd that to then reduce his defensive ability completely ruins things unless you give him another use, which currently people dont see as they had a very narrow use for him to begin with.

I didn't say that you didn't give other frames a chance. More like, you should look in to the other frames and/or figure out solutions on how to deal with Rhino's current state.

I may not have a Rhino right now (but its cooking for about 2 more days) but I definitely would play and give it that much enthusiasm to the point where I would forget that I have an Ash and a Volt - Just like how I forgot that I had an Ash when I got my newly assembled Volt.

Would I feel the same if my warframe of choice was bashed to the ground like how Rhino was? Yes. Definitely I would BUT like I said in my previous posts, people need to learn on how to embrace changes and make/find the better if not the most out of it. It's kind of like WoW transitioning from one expansion to the other or how DotA & LoL remakes/redesigns their heroes/champions.

Some things may turn out bad but in the end, they may turn out to be good in the long run because they open up windows, loopholes and options for the developers to see which could make or break the game.