Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

Read a lot about Rhino and his nerf.

I think a lot of people are "old player" and already have all weapon they need so they don't ask about the following point:

All Primary weapon on the market are now avalaible with platine... It will be hard to put a friend and tell him:

"Hey if you want another weapon you only need to farm ressources... for exemple 1000 rudebo juste make 20 or 40 times the same mission..."

Why dev don't left one type of each available through credit (a rifle, a shotgun, a machinegun, a blade other than starter gear ?) Now 2 or 3 only sidearm are available and they don't really change the gameplay of your character.

I'm a bit desapointed with their choice... hope you put other weapon available with crédits (and not only starting weapon and sidearm)

Well, invulnerability is kind of OP imo but maybe making the DR = 90% max level + keep protection from knockdown, stagger poison effects, etc. Also, 9 seconds of enemies floating in the air is usless? Rhino's other skills are useful too.

I think the Trinity's invulnerability is fine due to her lack of CC and AOE damage.

Rhino doesn't have good CC or AoE damage AND he's the tank, AND trinity does damage while invul. The reason his stomp is useless, is that it takes too long to wind up, costs 12 points, and doesn't lift them up that high.

Yes, I call myself a completionist. However, when you have a path to completion figured out and a patch then adds many hours more worth of gathering work, it stretches the patience quite a bit. There is already enough content in this game that it takes a while to gather everything. Just the alternate helmets alone take 350 alloy plate each.

Also, no, I haven't bought the Grandmaster pack, at least not yet. I didn't need the Platinum, and I'm not going to spend 200 more dollars just for 2 weapons that I will only use while I'm leveling them. Skana Prime is a terrible weapon, and even as good as it is the Lato Prime isn't the best sidearm in the game, and it isn't worth anywhere near 200 dollars. I said completionist, not Rabid completionist. I still have a bit of common sense left.

Not only that, but I wasn't going to invest an additional 200$ into a game that I wasn't sure about the company on. Now, I probably never will. Seems to me, they took feedback from a very small minority and implemented those concepts, instead of taking feedback from a larger playerbase, which would have told them these changes are bad. Or worse yet, the Rhino changes look like something done for PVP balance, which they specifically stated they weren't going to do.

On a personal note, I can't stand people like you. People with nothing better to do than to make an unguided and clumsy riposte against someone, with no thought or constructive input.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Extremes

this is the compnay your investing in, they made lots of great successful games.

being a completionist means you want to complete it 100%, meaning get ever warframe, planet, weapons unlocked, obtain ever artifact, mods and many other things except things that does not realy matter much like cosmetics. 

you just using completionist as a excuse to try make the game easier, it is sad. you do not plan a path to being a completionist you make a path as you go by doing everything you can to obtain that 100% completion (or some players use walkthrough).

I dont know why you would try go for completion in a game thats still and will be evolving all the time. I suggest you try be a completion list on better games for it. e.g. Tales of Graces F great game with lots of content hard to get 100% but very fun and filling. Or other games that not likly to change its contents ever week and has lots of content and sidequest etc.

Rhino doesn't have good CC or AoE damage AND he's the tank, AND trinity does damage while invul. The reason his stomp is useless, is that it takes too long to wind up, costs 12 points, and doesn't lift them up that high.

should not lift them up high-.- how eles would u be able to melee them, the ulti is designed to stop enamis from attacking you it last 9 seconds without mods and max level, Is a great CC, he also has his first skill which is also a good CC it knocks ever one down he hits, his 3rd skill radial blast also knocks ever one down. Saying rihno has no good CC is just incorrect.

wondering has anyone made a clan for people who reseted would wnat to join.

also Hi Kvothe

Edited by wayneo

should not lift them up high-.- how eles would u be able to melee them, the ulti is designed to stop enamis from attacking you it last 9 seconds without mods and max level, Is a great CC, he also has his first skill which is also a good CC it knocks ever one down he hits, his 3rd skill radial blast also knocks ever one down. Saying rihno has no good CC is just incorrect.

also Hi Kvothe

Exactly my point. I guess people just like the easy mode button better. But hey we all play differently. 

Rhino will be reviewed and changed.

to the davs why cant you live the rhino alone!

pls un nerf him i love rhino just becues the iron skin! and u took it away

DE are already working on changing him completely unerfing him is stupid he was op all there is to it and needed nerfing but was nerfed to much they are working on fixing it, so plz stop complaing about rihno there more then enough noobs who cant play without using powers complaing.

i rarely use powers ingame unless realy needed which is rare except boss fights.

Edited by wayneo

wondering has anyone made a clan for people who reseted would wnat to join.

also Hi Kvothe

Yup, still no response to my post about the fact everything is super expensive (ignore my afuris example) It doesn't lift them high enough like vauban's does is what I mean.

DE are already working on changing him completely unerfing him is stupid he was op all there is to it and needed nerfing but was nerfed to much they are working on fixing it, 

How often have you used Rhino yourself?  And how much have you used him after the update?

Obviously you are a noob to the forum, and you do not know that have already been created posts regarding these issues. The community was amplimante against these posts, but they still did apply the changes. It is not the first time this has happened. This makes me turn my balls. So shut up please return to play.

It's a difference between a theory about changes and really changing them. As you can see, people (like me) come up with ideas how to overhaul the shop without idle threats (if you wanna leave, leave but i still see you right here).

Often things sound bad and then are good, so you cannot say "oh community didn't like it so it had to be bad from the start".

I might be new to this game/forum but i know quite some games and i have worked with some smaller companies as analyst and a common rule is:

" bring stuff to the life-servers if you think it's good even if community is against it beforehand " if people like it the success will be even bigger.

The only thing DE did wrong is that they didn't call it a "temporary change" or "change in process" or something similar that implies it's not final.

So please shut up and return to play. ( You don't seem to leave anyways. )

How often have you used Rhino yourself?  And how much have you used him after the update?

used him alot before update and never used iron skin except boss fights, and after update still used him but dint use iron skin on boss but used his rush to damge and get behind and hide to regen my shields he has the highest sheild capacity ingame along with frost 450 at level 30 + mods and you get 2.43k shield. ofcourse you would of invested some time in getting cores to level up mod but not long for me since update 7 replaced all my mods with cores. and mods were easy to get for first few week after update.

used him alot before update and never used iron skin except boss fights, and after update still used him but dint use iron skin on boss but used his rush to damge and get behind and hide to regen my shields he has the highest sheild capacity ingame along with frost 450 at level 30 + mods and you get 2.43k shield. ofcourse you would of invested some time in getting cores to level up mod but not long for me since update 7 replaced all my mods with cores. and mods were easy to get for first few week after update.

So what you are saying is that you used Rhino to rush in and do damage before your shields ran out then you took cover?  Pretty sure just about every other 'frame in the game can do that better now.  Just saying.

Damage reduction is indeed fine but being knockdown with IS on is just wrong.

I initially thought that way, then I tested Rhino against high level enemies. Damage reduction sounds fine on paper, but it's pretty crappy in use.

Exactly my point. I guess people just like the easy mode button better. But hey we all play differently.

You know, it really irritates me when people say things like this, because I, and I'd wager most Rhino players, didn't treat IS as an easy mode button. I generally only used it for moments when there's tons of enemies I need to aggro, or when I had to revive other teammates. From what I've seen, most Rhino players use it the same way - in the rare cases when I actually see a Rhino in pug matches in general.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Yup, still no response to my post about the fact everything is super expensive (ignore my afuris example) It doesn't lift them high enough like vauban's does is what I mean.

expensive depends on the person and also on ther luck in finding material to em is not expensive and vauban lift is not his 4th skill does no damge and can be too high for some players to melee.

rihno skill allows him to aoe enamies around him with melee, it is used up close to the enamies.

vauban is designed for enamies to be shot at cause he uses his trap from a range. also they float higher causing melee to be closer to feat.

rihno stomp is better cause they float lower and allows easier melee and gives higher probility of headshots with melee. there many less explain reasons for better when lower.

So what you are saying is that you used Rhino to rush in and do damage before your shields ran out then you took cover?  Pretty sure just about every other 'frame in the game can do that better now.  Just saying.

saying rhino has atleast 50% more shield then others except frost and can absorb 50% more damge to shield and that you do not have to rely on powers to win, 

also i reseted now, anyway why does it matter how much i used him during this update?

DE are buffing him back up abit people should just stop complining and wait.

saying rhino has atleast 50% more shield then others except frost and can absorb 50% more damge to shield and that you do not have to rely on powers to win, 

also i reseted now, anyway why does it matter how much i used him during this update?

DE are buffing him back up abit people should just stop complining and wait.

Rhino may be able to take 50% more damage, but deals 50% LESS damage.  So, again, every other 'frame is better.  If you don't have much experience using the new function, how can you justify your arguments?  If I knew exactly how DE was going to buff him, I would stop trying to make my case.  But if by "buff" they meant "grant him status immunity then we're done", then I will most certainly not stop.

expensive depends on the person and also on ther luck in finding material to em is not expensivec(COOOOOUPPP OUUUUUT) and vauban lift is not his 4th skill does no damge and can be too high for some players to melee. I never said it as his fourth, it's his third. I've never had a problem meleeing a target lifted by vauban, and rhino stomp does like 0 damage

rihno skill allows him to aoe enamies around him with melee, it is used up close to the enamies. Which he can no longer safely get to.

vauban is designed for enamies to be shot at cause he uses his trap from a range. also they float higher causing melee to be closer to feat. Not really, I've not had a problem meleeing enemies.

rihno stomp is better cause they float lower and allows easier melee and gives higher probility of headshots with melee. there many less explain reasons for better when lower. vauban's is 75 eng vs 100, vauban's affects those who walk in AFTER you cast it too, causes them to be still making weakpoint shots easy, rhino causes them to fall in slow mo, so their head can be out of view.

boss stages are generally shorter, so fewer enemies, and some like the jackal don't drop any mods. Regardless of how you feel about the drop rate, or if it's been kind to you, the fact is it's VERY grindy to get even one new weapon for a new player, unless they grind one certain area for awhile (which artificially extends how long they play the game)

Also, on the drop rate for bosses, it's high that they will drop the rare mat, ~35% I think in my experience, maybe a little more for some (up to maybe 50% from like the golem), less for others (like vay hek in my experience, he's like 20% in my experience). For a full new setup,Bo Burston and a Furis,

750 alloy plates

100 polymer bundles (COMMON MAT and it's less than the alloy plates of JUST the weapon that requires it??),

600 nano spores,

1 morhpics,

2(!!!!) neurodes,

1,300 salvage,

1,350 ferrite,

1 orokin cell,

105,000 credits (as much as a warframe)

and 12hours of build time (not a prob there really)

The Afuris requires 4 neurodes, 600 alloy plates, 800 salvage, 1500 ferrite, 1 orokin cell, 70,000 credits, and 36 24 (true, you can use one while the other is building)hrs to build. That's pretty expensive in my view.

This is what I was saying. See those prices? WAY TOO FRICKING HIGH. Can you disagree with that?

This is what I was saying. See those prices? WAY TOO FRICKING HIGH. Can you disagree with that?

to me there not-.- said that before except when making the duel weapons.

also when they fall to ground you can jsut do the stab animation thing which does damge = to charge without having to charge.

you cna get into melee range how ever you want safely, using his rush which cost less then iron skin, doing wall jumps which is glitchy and can boost you to over light speed for about 15 meter? etc (not hard to pull off a wall jump like that can do it when ever i want)

Rhino may be able to take 50% more damage, but deals 50% LESS damage.  So, again, every other 'frame is better.  If you don't have much experience using the new function, how can you justify your arguments?  If I knew exactly how DE was going to buff him, I would stop trying to make my case.  But if by "buff" they meant "grant him status immunity then we're done", then I will most certainly not stop.

he does not deal 50% less damge your weapons supposed to do more damge then your warframe.

Edited by wayneo

he does not deal 50% less damge your weapons supposed to do more damge then your warframe.

According to who?  If DE didn't want you to do most of your damage with abilities, then you wouldn't have abilities like Slash Dash or Sound Quake.  Or any other of the dozen of "I win" buttons.

According to who?  If DE didn't want you to do most of your damage with abilities, then you wouldn't have abilities like Slash Dash or Sound Quake.  Or any other of the dozen of "I win" buttons.

i doubt loki decoy and mind control along with other palyers skill are one hit wonders. slash dash can do more/less then weapon depending on way is used and depending on mods on weapons. and which enamy you are fighting. also sound quake is not a skill you cna spam more then you can hit with weapons. excailbur is a starting warframe if people wnat to use him instead of rihno then they would and wont be complaining about his nerf, excalibur also has a more useless skill like his super jump.(dont even know why people will use that)