Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

Like someone already suggested, i forgot who it was but, stop with the nerf bat, every once in awhile player needs to feel good after a match and feel accomplished, it could be by clearing a whole room full of enemies with Banshee, or casting Snow Globe on a troubled Tenno while he was getting harassed by Grineer, downed player in a pool of Toxic Ancients getting pulled by Mag and revived, or it could be many other ways. 

Challenge is good I'm am definitely pro for that no doubt, but maybe in other ways, like more variety of difficult enemies. Please stop with the nerfs :(

Like someone already suggested, i forgot who it was but, stop with the nerf bat, every once in awhile player needs to feel good after a match and feel accomplished, it could be by clearing a whole room full of enemies with Banshee, or casting Snow Globe on a troubled Tenno while he was getting harassed by Grineer, downed player in a pool of Toxic Ancients getting pulled by Mag and revived, or it could be many other ways. 

Challenge is good I'm am definitely pro for that no doubt, but maybe in other ways, like more variety of difficult enemies. Please stop with the nerfs :(

True.  And if people really want a truly "challenging" experience, just hop into Outer Terminus with no mods.  That would be quite "challenging".

Edited by K1LLZ0NE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Extremes

this is the compnay your investing in, they made lots of great successful games.

being a completionist means you want to complete it 100%, meaning get ever warframe, planet, weapons unlocked, obtain ever artifact, mods and many other things except things that does not realy matter much like cosmetics. 

you just using completionist as a excuse to try make the game easier, it is sad. you do not plan a path to being a completionist you make a path as you go by doing everything you can to obtain that 100% completion (or some players use walkthrough).

I dont know why you would try go for completion in a game thats still and will be evolving all the time. I suggest you try be a completion list on better games for it. e.g. Tales of Graces F great game with lots of content hard to get 100% but very fun and filling. Or other games that not likly to change its contents ever week and has lots of content and sidequest etc.

To refute your first concept: Yes, Digital Extremes has a history of good games. However, there is a decided lack of live developing Online games. From their history, you can see how they put out new games, but not how they might treat a developing MMO. Thus, you can't be sure how they will treat the developement of a F2P. Not only that, but you can only learn so much from the history of a company. Each game is handled by a section of the company, not the company as a whole, in most cases. So, it's the Warframe Team at Digital Extremes, not simply Digital Extremes.

To refute your statement about being a completionist. No, I'm not using it as an excuse. I'm simply not willing to buy something that would generally not be counted toward a 100% completion rate. Especially something like a terrible melee weapon and a lackluster sidearm that would cost me 200$. I liked this game enough to put 50$ into it, but not all of us have that much spare cash lying around.

Also, maybe you pull things out your butt as you go along when it comes to completing games, but personally, I prefer to make a plan. I don't mind having additional content added on, that simply adds a bit to the current end point. Having additional costs added in for things that have already been calculated creates complications. Not only the increase in materials, but the increase in necessary man hours becomes an issue. Unfortunately, as patient as I am, I get a little twitchy when I have to grind the same damn material over and over for hours on end.

The simple answer to your last problem is that I want to gather all these items because I can, and I want to try them all, even the crappy ones. If they weren't going to cost me 200$, I'd even like to try the Lato and Skana Prime, but like I said before, I'm not that Rabid. Just like in any game, being a completionist comes down to what you make of it. Optional items are exactly that, optional. If you insist on those, then you should also insist on all the Platinum only items like color palletes and sentinal parts. I choose not to focus on what I consider optional.

Also, maybe you pull things out your butt as you go along when it comes to completing games, but personally, I prefer to make a plan. I don't mind having additional content added on, that simply adds a bit to the current end point. Having additional costs added in for things that have already been calculated creates complications. Not only the increase in materials, but the increase in necessary man hours becomes an issue. Unfortunately, as patient as I am, I get a little twitchy when I have to grind the same damn material over and over for hours on end.

im sure lots of games require grinding maybe story less fps like COD but im sure lots of game you requrie to grind atleast few hours like final fantasys and such, "pull things out your butt" well dont even need to comment much on this shows how much your putting into this (mostly anger?) well what ever your plan maybe doubt it would work out the way you want, like this update for instance messed it up doubt other updates wont. your not very patient if you cant grind 2hours for all the materail you need and some more, go try build a large scale model with over 1000 of pieces or doing jigsaw puzzle with over 1000 pieces or something. that takes longer im sure. 

-snip-

your not very patient if you cant grind 2hours for all the materail you need and some more, go try build a large scale model with over 1000 of pieces or doing jigsaw puzzle with over 1000 pieces or something. that takes longer im sure. 

My one problem with is, that you need to farm a LOT more than 2 hours to build more than 2-3 weapons (new ones that were converted to BPs).

just a thing, when you do your ultimate with banshee you can be interupted or killed during it ( it last 8 sec ) maybe a little buff could be a great thing.

or they could change it instead of using herself as the mediam of shockwave allow her to create a shockwave bomb and throw it doing the same thing but require a charging/casting time.

e.g. 2 seconds to create a sphere(ball) of compressed sound then lobs it up above her creating a ripple of sound for the 8 seconds and deals the damge over time, she can move after the 2 seconds of casting (still can be interupted and hit) 2 seconds of vulnerbility is better then 8 and you can do things after its lobed and during the 8 seconds. maybe they can also add a slowing effect to allow players to run after using it and stop enamies from catching up.

I've never really posted before, as I usually just roll with the punches, but as someone who's put a heck of a lot of money into the game to test and try everything out, I feel the OPTIONAL reset is kind of a kick in the nuts for doing so. Everyone I play with plays for free. They retain their months of mods, artifacts, character level, frames, guns, everything. In order for me to reset to get my platinum back, I have to start over again, several months behind, (and severely nerfed due to recent changes I may add).

I want to reset, and already have, because I don't want any of the junk I bought, but it's really kind of irritating that those of us that want our beta platinum back have to start from scratch while everyone else continues along with everything they've gotten. It's not that I want everyone to reset if I have to, but it seems like resets should be able to retain SOMETHING. I mean, account level... in game currency... I'm out like 750k in game currency and a pile of blueprints large enough to choke a fat italian.

I don't expect anything to be done about it, I just wanted to point it out.

My one problem with is, that you need to farm a LOT more than 2 hours to build more than 2-3 weapons (new ones that were converted to BPs).

since he want to level ever weapon im sure he get enough material for next weapon after one got to level 30.

I've never really posted before, as I usually just roll with the punches, but as someone who's put a heck of a lot of money into the game to test and try everything out, I feel the OPTIONAL reset is kind of a kick in the nuts for doing so. Everyone I play with plays for free. They retain their months of mods, artifacts, character level, frames, guns, everything. In order for me to reset to get my platinum back, I have to start over again, several months behind, (and severely nerfed due to recent changes I may add).

I want to reset, and already have, because I don't want any of the junk I bought, but it's really kind of irritating that those of us that want our beta platinum back have to start from scratch while everyone else continues along with everything they've gotten. It's not that I want everyone to reset if I have to, but it seems like resets should be able to retain SOMETHING. I mean, account level... in game currency... I'm out like 750k in game currency and a pile of blueprints large enough to choke a fat italian.

Well, it was optional.  The devs left it up to you (the gamer) to decide if you plat was worth more than everything you were losing.

yea we should of recieved or 100plat from CB and 100k credits from recent event, and something more i wanted to reset after closed beta not after open beta-.- when games reset character is normaly after closed beta not open beta. far behind some of my friends who started during open beta weekend.

Well, it was optional.  The devs left it up to you (the gamer) to decide if you plat was worth more than everything you were losing.

they should have given us a better time then just end of beta it was not clear enough, some people believed it was end of closed beta like other games normaly would sadly it was not, lots of players used there plat to buy things to test out and build a guide/wikia out of it.

they should have given us a better time then just end of beta it was not clear enough, some people believed it was end of closed beta like other games normaly would sadly it was not, lots of players used there plat to buy things to test out and build a guide/wikia out of it.

They said that they were giving plat specifically because they didn't want to force a reset on everybody.

It doesn't matter when it would be for me. I didn't want any of the gear I bought for TESTING purposes. I was buying things in a closed/open beta, just to test them. A lot of those things have come to be nerfed or changed quite a bit. I tested them some more. I do not want any of them. The reset was not optional for me, because I didn't want any of those things and it was well over a hundred bucks or more worth of junk.

I've beta tested MMOs for years now, and not once have I gone into one that didn't have a global reset after going public. Like a lot of things, that is slowly starting to change as the word beta loses it's meaning for most developers.

They said that they were giving plat specifically because they didn't want to force a reset on everybody.

they only gave 100plat thats small compared to the  atleast 330 you get for first founder package. im saying they they should have allowed optional reset to be made sooner at same time as update 7.0 or during open beta weekend

It doesn't matter when it would be for me. I didn't want any of the gear I bought for TESTING purposes. I was buying things in a closed/open beta, just to test them. A lot of those things have come to be nerfed or changed quite a bit. I tested them some more. I do not want any of them. The reset was not optional for me, because I didn't want any of those things and it was well over a hundred bucks or more worth of junk.

I've beta tested MMOs for years now, and not once have I gone into one that didn't have a global reset after going public. Like a lot of things, that is slowly starting to change as the word beta loses it's meaning for most developers.

I totally get that.  When I heard there was going to be an optional reset I bought everything I could to test and see what I like.  I'm going to wait a little longer until I reset but I eventually will.  I'm just confused about why you are upset I guess.  As long as they offer a reset you cares when it was offered?

they only gave 100plat thats small compared to the  atleast 330 you get for first founder package. im saying they they should have allowed optional reset to be made sooner at same time as update 7.0 or during open beta weekend

I can understand this as well, but again, as long as you get the option to reset I don't see the problem :P

yeah. Seems like it.

No.  It was cause a couple butt hurt kids complained in a single thread over the last week or so.  Which is ironic since there have been piles of threads asking for buffs to rhinos other abilities over the months since he was first released. 

The devs have specifically stated that they will not be changing PvE balance for dueling, don't feed stupid rumors plox.

it is stupid there so many reasons that one does not have to say,

god mode means that you cant die for the duration it allows you to do so much and not be effected by anything even cc or others nothing cna harm you for the duration, you can run right through things intended to one hit you push you abck or what ever and not be effected, is as the name implies your god which is clearly overpowered you think is poor because you cant imagine all you can do with it, DE never made him with god mode it was supposed to greatly reduce damge but some how ended as god mode.

Clearly this is more OP than other frames that can clear a room with the press of a single button.

Or other frames that can go invisible and crit non stop and kill more stuff faster than Rhino could ever hope to do.

Edited by Aggh

You spent your platinum on your own terms, it was your choices. RESET is a RESET, you shouldn't have done it if you wanted to keep your stats, credits etc. This was OPTIONAL and nobody forced you to do it. And those JUNK that you bought before, now you have to get resources and craft them again. As a fellow Tenno I bid you good luck with starting over.

im sure lots of games require grinding maybe story less fps like COD but im sure lots of game you requrie to grind atleast few hours like final fantasys and such, "pull things out your butt" well dont even need to comment much on this shows how much your putting into this (mostly anger?) well what ever your plan maybe doubt it would work out the way you want, like this update for instance messed it up doubt other updates wont. your not very patient if you cant grind 2hours for all the materail you need and some more, go try build a large scale model with over 1000 of pieces or doing jigsaw puzzle with over 1000 pieces or something. that takes longer im sure. 

I have a bit of a military background. When I said pull things out of your butt, I was cleaning up the phrase, "Pulling a plan out of your &#!." In case you can't comprehend that,in means adapting on the fly and not preparing ahead of time. It's usually used scornfully, as it shows a lack of the ability to anticipate and take into account the factors in a situation.

This game already requires quite a bit of grinding. Hours upon hours of it, if we are being realistic. You grind for materials, you grind for credits, you grind for mods and cores. It all adds up, even though some of it overlaps. Having many more hours added onto that is rather irritating, unless you enjoy grinding. I don't. Admittedly, the grinding isn't quite as tedious in this game as others, seeing as how the pace of combat is more interesting, but it's still grinding. I've already spent farm too much time grinding Alloy Plate, and now I have to grind several thousand more? If you think that's a good idea, more power to you.

To use your own idea, this is like said 1000 piece puzzle. You get to around 500 pieces put together, then someone comes along and adds 200 pieces right in the middle of the puzzle. Not a perfect analogy, a bit simplistic, admittedly, but it fits. Before this, I hadn't had any issues with patches. Yes, shotguns got nerfed, but I don't use many shotguns. I will eventually, but I realised that by the time I got around to them, there would have been a change. The rest of the community was up in arms already. This patch affects me directly, both in short term and long term. So, I add my voice to the concerned masses that have posted in here.

As for your idea that I'm angry, allow me to correct you on that note. If I was angry, I would have resorted to insults directed at you personally, and there would be far more profanity in my posts. I am simply debating and refuting over a topic that is of interest to me. At most, I am irritated by this patch, but seeing as how I have already invested both money and a significant amount of time, I believe it is my right to be able to express my irritation in a constructive manner.

Edited by Strykewolf

I don't get the reason for removing the invincibility from Banshee's ultimate when almost every other warframes ultimate has them invulnerable during it. I understand it needed a nerf to damage, but to remove a property that so many other 4's have is just dumb. It's supposed to be super strong and overpowered, it's her ultimate.

Granted, I think the skill is still great regardless.

Edited by muccmaster

I don't get the reason for removing the invincibility from Banshee's ultimate when almost every other warframes ultimate has them invulnerable during it. I understand it needed a nerf to damage, but to remove a property that so many other 4's have is just dumb. It's supposed to be super strong and overpowered, it's her ultimate.

Granted, I think the skill is still great regardless.

I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this) that all the ults have had their invulnerability taken away.  Just what I have heard.  Haven't tested it myself.