Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

Rhino ratings are going down the drain now...even if it's 80% dmg reduction at max...the main redeeming ability of Rhino was his ability to laugh while healing weak @$$ downed frames. Btw, can't really imagine Vauban as a "trapper", he's more like a area control guy, kind of designates a single area and does area negation...no one gets in and if they do...they die...which is different from trapping. Trapping essentially means that it's undetected and pre-placed, however other than the grenade thing...which isn't stealthy, Vauban is really just more of a engineer frame...Hey, not complaining just saying that the trapping thing could confuse new players.

/~\       
  <_.( ̄)._>    Rhino Skin no longer grants full invincibility, but can now reach up to 80% Damage Reduction at highest Mod level.
\ ⊂[| ゚V゚ |
  \/ (⌒マ
  (⌒ヽrヘJつ
    > _)、
    し' \_) ヽヾ\
          丶_n.__
           Rhino
              ̄   (⌒
            ⌒Y⌒

AW YEAH! this is gonna be AWESOME! But this is not update 8???? is it tommorow or the day after?

Next Friday.  Sorry :\

Edit:  This is speculation.  Nothing confirmed.  

Edited by K1LLZ0NE

There's enough farming at the end game, why make the first few weapon purchases massively harder as well?

I think you'll discourage a lot of new players with the across-the-board price increases.

The update was hitting pretty late in my timezone, and I still wanna say few words about it.

At-first I wanna say "tnx" for:

-glaive double realod fix

-sonar vs "corpus cameras" fix (sonar turned to constant "power in use" after detecting corpus cameras and/or turrets; it seems ok now)

As for Rhino nerf... I never wanted to play him, but the stuff you did to him is wrong. Ofc 15 seconds of invincibility for just 50 mana is too good, but there are some other ways to change the powers like:

+decreasing duration time

+increasing mana consumption

+introducing some kind of cooldown time (there is no such in here yet, but its not difficult to implement)

I'd switch Iron Skin with Rhino's ult and decrease its duration. And, probably, increase its cost from 100 to 125. 

I've already write about Banshee's Quake change, but I still want to remind that its her ultimate skill. I will understand if you'll cut some range, but turning off invulnerability among all the other stuff leads to bugs. For example: I was incapacited during ult's usage yesterday, and the attack animation was still on while Banshee was laying down. Thats also a massive bummer for the offensive style players (like me), when SC used as a lifesaver more than as area denial tool. It may be a bit too powerful against low level enemies (plus it wasnt damage greneer heavies or ancients too much), but it was just fine against some Pluto/Eris inhabitats.

PS Warframe updates have funny timing for me. Nyx' endless chaos fix was released when there was 12 hours left for my Nyx to finish. Than I've finally catch Banshee's custom helmet, but she's already got nerfed. Well, at least Nyx' chaos fix was reasonable...

Edited by Se7ense7en

The problem with that assumption is this...Iron Skin costs 50 energy, lasts 15 seconds. Link costs 75 energy, last 15 seconds, redirects damage, and when used with energy vampire, can be done indefinately...so...they nerf Iron Skin? I don't even...

If anything should have been done, Iron Skin should have been left as is, and his other 3 skills should have been improved, especially the energy waste that is radial blast. And Trinity should have been redesigned into a more effective support frame rather then taking the place as the tank in this game. I'd love to see Trinity actually be the support frame she is described as being, but right now...all I see is Trinity the tank, and Rhino the waste of a team slot since Frost is just better. Most of the frames need buffs and redesigns, not harsh nerfs. As it is, even with a pre-nerf sound quake, I could out damage a Banshee using guns...because bullets are pretty effective. Frame abilities really just do not compare to weapons in this game at all.

Actually Frost isn't a boss tank, but he's a god in defense missions.  Contrary to that though, Rhino was a god of boss fights because he could tank ANY boss, even big ol' Jackal, for like 2 minutes straight without breaks.  With his focus planted squarely on the guy in his face, Jackal is ridiculously easy to deal with.  And Rhino can do it because Iron Skin is so cheap.

By contrast, Link costs 75 energy and can be used three times back to back.  It directs incoming damage to a random close nearby target (random because things keep moving around), so you can't REALLY focus the feedback to any target in particular.  It isn't as sustainable as Rhino's Iron Skin, but can be with the liberal use of Energy Vampire.  However Rhino doesn't have to use any other skills to maintain Iron Skin for long periods of time.  If you use Energy Vampire wrong, you can't maintain Link.  Hell, even with Energy Vampire, you don't get enough energy net to maintain the use of both, so Link has some downtime regardless.  Could Link only mitigate damage like Iron Skin does now, maybe dishing off up to 75% of damage to nearby enemies?  Sure.  Could Link be made usable on allies to give them the Link effect?  Most definitely.  But we're in open beta, everything is up in the air.  This most recent patch proves this with sweeping changes to the market's prices. 

As for damage abilities not comparing to weapons, I agree to an extent, but then again is it right to want to put a focus on the frame itself versus the weapons that anyone can access?  In some cases this makes sense (Ember, damage is all she does) and damage skills should rival or exceed weapons, particularly with the limitations of energy (can't spam all day every day, but you can use skills pretty often).  But if you make a frame feel powerful by its own merits, it invalidates others.

Think about it:  What would happen if Ember got a massive buff and suddenly spamming Fireball was the new Hek.  Suddenly every other warframe loses out in damage because Ember can spam 10 of those and apply AoE DoTs on enemies plus massive initial damage in that area.  So why play Excalibur?  Why play Banshee?  Why play Mag?  Sure tanks might be okay because they have a different role, but no tank really has an "aggro pull" skill so the best that most tanks can do is be close to things and hope they do enough damage (Rhino), or defend their team with abilities (Frost).  But Ember has a nice AoE damage tanking skill in Overheat as well.  So she invalidates Rhino completely too, because she's a tank that does damage.  And if no one but her is getting focused because she's up close and personal with everything due to the nature of her abilities, Frost loses out as well.

By moving the majority of the damage off to weapons, it balances out who can "DPS" effectively.  It's more a question of what role are you by means of your load out, and your load out typically has synergies with your frame.  A fragor isn't really as effective with Saryn who could better use fangs or dual zoren to pump out Contagion ticks for example, but might be more ideal with Rhino who's an in your face sort of frame.  Contrary to that though, a fragor wouldn't work with Ember because she relies on frequent skill usage and the long recoil times after a swing would hurt that.  Going to primary weapons though a shotgun might be ideal for Ember, especially a boar, because you're typically in point blank ranges.

I'm perfectly fine with Iron Skin getting a nerf because honestly, 15 seconds for full invincibility at the cost of 50 energy was pretty overpowered. At the same time though, I believe that Rhino was nerfed too severely. Might I suggest that instead of removing invincibility that the duration was lowered down to 10 seconds or 8 seconds or the cost for it was increased?

more nerfs and Pay2win .. really ?? :l

Do you even know the meaning of p2w? It means making something exclusively for those who spent money on the game, and guess what? The only things "forced" by plat on Warframe are absolutely COSMETIC.

If someone is willing to pay, they get commodities, not superiority.

If I reset will the Frost Prime blueprint stay?  Just want to make sure because I am considering it.

Yes you will keep it.  But you should NOT reset.  With the new weapon pricing system, you will only be screwed for anything you've already bought.

• Users can now specify a ping range to filter out undesirable sessions.
  • Glaive is no longer affected by Client vs Host lag. This allows clients to immediately throw the glaive and have normal-looking motion even with a laggy host.
  • Fixed glaive not doing critical hits when thrown.
  • Fixed reload animation playing twice when interrupting auto-reload with glaive.

Woot! Glaive just got buffed, big-time!

• Added new avatar icons for profile customization, retired the old avatar packs.

So... what happened to the money we spent on the old avatar packs?

Edited by Exodess

the amount of rhino complaints...

but seriously, i had been using it since i got it after my initial mag warframe, must say it is very reliable and tanky.

however this nerf totally condemn the use for rhino as iron skin is the one and only skill rhino needed.

iron skin is suppose to be the mechanism to tank bosses and now rhino are taking damage from bosses and force to retreat for cover when the shield is down. oh did i mention he moves at 80% of most warframe speed too? i often use iron skin when my shield runs out, but from the look of it, kinda impossible now.

to those who said just throw in <warframe mod> and rhino is still as good as before. well... u gotta be using this warframe to realise they doesnt do S#&$ compared to last time.

So much for a potato-ed rhino, anyways time for me to switch to trinity or frost. And please nerf them again once i had them potato-ed, tyvm.

P.S. this forum needs a 'last page' option at the bottom left page navigator, had to press like 20 over times of my end button to come to the end. Sorry for the angsty rants, my pet armadillo just died the same time this patch surfaced, so i am kinda emotional unstable.

Edited by Icemugz