Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Daikyu Thread...but I Have A Suggestion

Ironlixivium

As most of us know, the daikyu came out recently, and many people are disappointed with it. Personally I love it, except for the damage output. The fact is, it's a direct downgrade from the opticor in damage, which does 500 damage instead of 350, and creates explosions when it hits a surface. So I was thinking, I heard somewhere that the irl bow that this one was based off of was made with the idea of taking time to place your shots. So why not create a second charge mechanic for it? What I mean is, when you charge it, first is the normal charge, which must but at max before you can fire, then you would have a second charge when that is complete (you aren't pulling it back any more, there would just be, like a red ring around the first ring) that gives you a damage multiplier, with a maximum of x2 when its 1/2 done. the second charge would only start after the first is over, and wold take 5 seconds to fill. Once filled, it would reset completely (as it does already after 5 seconds).

So what do you think?

TL;DR I want to make it do more damage the longer you hold the charge, to promote the "take time to place your shot" theme and make it do more damage, since it's a sniper that can only hit a single target (and possibly anything behind it, but mostly its single target. I know it has a high status, but that doesn't help all that much when it takes so long to fire.

...yeah, even longer charge.

Why not give it damage multipliers on full charge or something? Or just buff it overall? Because besides concept I love (finally a non-crit bow, save for Cernos, but Cernos is bad) Daikyu is overall mastery fodder. It isn't cheap enough to fit between Paris and Paris Prime or Dread.

Edited by Mofixil

A thought i had was that it should be an elemental bow, in the same way as chroma. This way we could actually turn it into a status weapon. Gas Daikyu for high shield group shield bypassing damage, Blast for stuns. Won't have to worry about stupidly piddly little puncture procs and pointless staggers.

...yeah, even longer charge.

Why not give it damage multipliers on full charge or something?

That's literally what I just said. It's not a longer charge, just an additional optional charge. The problem with just giving it a multiplier on full charge would be that you might as well just add more damage, cause you can only fire it when it has a full charge :/

Honestly I think that it should lean more towards the Opticor than other bows, they should make it so u can shoot @ 50% charge and @100%, 100% having double the dmg it has currently. The opticor deals 1000 dmg in a full charge, double the base ammount of a 50% charge, with that said, the Daikyu could deal it's 350 dmg in a 50% charge and 700 dmg for a 100% charge, lower dmg chunk than the Opticor, given it charges slightly faster and has high status chance.
One could say then it would be a copy of the opticor, nope it wouldn't, bows have punch through on attacks whereas the opticor deals some AoE dmg when it hits, they would still be mechanically different (somewhat).

Just throwing my opinion here <3

take 3 decades to charge one projectile TWICE that will only kill maybe one or two enemies when you add in the time it will take to aim, genius. In that time you could literally just run at the enemy with a melee weapon and kill them faster.

Edited by Towermice

Also:

on topic,
See, the problem is that it already charges slowly, if u HAVE to double charge to increase your dmg it is very likely that your squad members have just killed everything in the room.. it would be very ineffective given while u're sitting there charging your shots for increase dmg your allies are killing everything with other bows or other weapons.. you would literally be getting carried by your squad most of the time because u're charging your bow.\

Don't get me wrong, the idea would be nice if warframe wasn't such a fast paced game where u ged surrounded rather quickly

take 3 decades to charge one projectile TWICE that will only kill maybe one or two enemies when you add in the time it will take to aim, genius. In that time you could literally just run at the enemy with a melee weapon and kill them faster.

That's kinda rude...I'm perfectly aware how long it takes to charge. The only way it can be balanced is if it has damage that makes up for the charge time, like the opticor does.

Also:

on topic,

See, the problem is that it already charges slowly, if u HAVE to double charge to increase your dmg it is very likely that your squad members have just killed everything in the room.. it would be very ineffective given while u're sitting there charging your shots for increase dmg your allies are killing everything with other bows or other weapons.. you would literally be getting carried by your squad most of the time because u're charging your bow.\

Don't get me wrong, the idea would be nice if warframe wasn't such a fast paced game where u ged surrounded rather quickly

yeah...I guess..Can we just give it double damage then? XD