Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Destiny Any Good?

(PSN)HaoLee510

Hey, I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I'm thinking of picking up Destiny for $30 on the PS store.

Now I know people say the game is very grind-y and repetitive, but to be perfectly honest Warframe is not that different. So those of you who has maybe played both, would I enjoy Destiny if I love Warframe?

as long as u are ok with spending the $$$

it cant hurt to try, worse case scenario, you hate it, but learn a valuable lesson =]

Destiny is a lot like Halo/Borderlands, but without the Borderlands style/feel and without the Halo story

a guy i watch on YT, ForceStrategyGaming, he really liked Destiny, he's got a bunch of vids on it, and he gives a good overview of all its pros/cons

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Both are grindy and repetitive, but Warframe is free and has way more content. The only thing Destiny really gets is semi open world spaces/roaming. If it were more like $20 I'd probably recommend it.

Oh, and slapping you in the face with all these grimoire cards that remind you how good of a story they could have written up if they tried.

If you compare the content of Destiny with WF, WF is better.

It's mind numbingly grindy, like I know WF is the same, but Destiny just has the worst kind of grind (at least imo).

And if you're a story buff like me, you're going to hate this game.

It's fun at first, but you'll be disinterested sooner than later.

Also this:

55206517.jpg

fcevsbbxwpdaolmqis7a.jpg

ec3.jpg

qfSUWBk.png

tumblr_nctynpHaCK1s51oe6o2_500.png

Edited by TheErebus.

I got a good 20 hours out of it, but if you're the kind of guy who expects $60 games to be completed and $20 expansion packs to be extra stuff, don't waste your money.

It's $30 on PS store right now, and $60 for the game plus both expansions. If it were any other game it'd be a steal for me, but I heard polarizing reviews about the game.

It's $30 on PS store right now, and $60 for the game plus both expansions. If it were any other game it'd be a steal for me, but I heard polarizing reviews about the game.

It's fun when you reach endgame and get to do raids with nice folks but the grind through the story is unbearable. I'll judge the new expansion when I get to play it.

Expect to buy the expansions though, otherwise you'll likely be underpowered in PvP and overlooked for raids because those who did will be several levels higher and have better perks.

But to be fair, I sold that game 5 months ago. Maybe PvP is actually balanced now and the horrid gear-based leveling system has been reworked.

I highly doubt it, but it isn't impossible.

Destiny disappoints most, including me. Its like EA Gaming is holding a gun to Bungie's head. What should be updates to the $60 game are $60 expansion packs, even a Destiny 2 that's already going to be released. I'd say get it if you have some extra money, but don't expect much.

I played destiny from its release to ps4 till february. It was such a let down. After the dlc crota's end, the fun ended for me because of lack of content and all repetition. I have house of wolves but really don't want to return.

Warframe has everything destiny lacks.

The following are what I did not like in destiny.

Leveling up is tied to your gear. To get to lvl 32, you've got to have the same raid armor along with legendary gear.

Customizing your character was terrible due to limited shaders which are a defined color schemes. You all tend to look the same.

Credit system with caps and faction marks are painful to use. No trading.

Can't even get inside my own ship and my items are stored at the tower.

Too many nerfs due to cod whiners and bungie caters more to pvp, destroying pve.

Things i like are the melee feel - its satisfiying. Overall character/weapon control is well done. Graphics are top notch - but so is warframe.

Warframe hands down is better!