Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggest Me An Isotonic Drink.

LogaMC1995

уσυя σωи υяιиє~

<【☯】‿【☯】>

(Seriously, your urine can be isotonic)

Sadly I'm not that Bear guy.

It's called water.

LOL that's what Mom said. But she suggested boiled water.

Never just hydrate, always multi-task. Beer is perfect for such a task.

Great.

уσυя σωи υяιиє~

<【☯】‿【☯】>

(Seriously, your urine can be isotonic) 

okay bear grills.

Powerade.

Or drink tea. Or black coffee. Or better yet, water.

Also, urine dehydrates.

Tea and coffee dehydrates as well.

Do you have a water filter at home?

Most of the time, local tap water is just fine for keeping you hydrated, but some people take reasonable exceptions to that. Unless you have a serious medical issue (in which case see a doctor), don't start playing around with extreme diet/hydration plans.

Seriously, don't do it. I almost don't have a younger brother because curiosity turned into compulsion and he went WAY out into the wastelands of insane lifestyle gurus.

We're now managing refeeding syndrome, because he went from 190 to 110 over the course of a little over a year. His ALT and AST were scary high (I still have the lab printouts as a reminder) and he was beginning to show signs of jaundice.

If you're genuinely concerned, get with a doctor. If he screws up, you have legal recourse. When you take advice from strangers or take matters into your own hands, there's no safety net.

As an example of misinformation:

Someone in this thread mentioned that tea and coffee "dehydrate." That simply isn't true. Those drinks do contain compounds that encourage your body to release water, but you are still receiving a net gain because the beverage is almost entirely water ANYWAY.

My advice: give up the alternative lifestyle ideas while you still can. You'll almost certainly just hurt yourself, especially if you don't know how to be properly skeptical of what people tell you.

Edited by notlamprey

you can buy electrolyte powder in bulk and just add it to water, its alot cheaper and more effective at rehydration than isotonic drinks

it will come in just raw powder or little sachets of powder

buy BIG cups or jugs to drink out of