Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p. Warframe

PaleMinerva

Before patch: I had 90% of all weapons after 70 hour gameplay(without platinum). So, this change is good.

70 hours is a decent amount of time. right now to get 1 new weapon, if I started building it now, would take 1/6th of the total time you spent. And that's not counting the time it took to farm 300+ alloy plates.

edit:

And one more thing: you can farm materials easy: play. So simple.

10-20 on average alloy plates on a drop for me, they're hard to find being the rarest uncommon material (and you need 300+ of them). This doesn't make it easy to acquire.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

It is quite amusing seeing all theese people with 100+ hours into the game, with mat stacks in the 10k´s being completely unable to see past their own fingers. THis change doesent affect you AT ALL since you already have everything worth owning, the problem is that this makes the game really boring for new players. They didnt change the requirements for the real powerhouse weapons (the bolt weapons) at all, just ensured that all new players will be slogging through the many first hours of the game with absolute garbage.

Acquiring weapons shouldnt be THAT much of an uphill climb, you already have the mod fusion grind and actually acquiring the best mods, like Multishot, to work for. I pity the poor people thats gonna need to take on Jackal etc wtih the Braton Mk1 or Skana cause people that already have all the weapons in the game thinks acquiring weapons is "too easy" and needs a fix that does not harm them in any way.

You can get 300+ alloy plates within 5-6 hour. If you have no time to farm: buy platinum.

Why should a NEW player spend 5-6 hours trying to get a new weapon AND have to wait 12 hours for it to finish building? Saying "Don't like it? buy plat." is not good reasoning, or a solution. I would never expect a new play to plop down some cash to get some new weapons.

Roll a new account...go get 300 alloy plates. You won't even have access to a planet with them for awhile, and then you have to level up sufficiently to be an asset and not a burden on those missions. Farming plates isn't hard...if you aren't a new player. This change really only hurts new players...and oddly...the weapons a long time player would be using...are likely ones you already had to craft in the first place. So...again...this only hurts new players.

Edited by Corvinna

Scott: Yeah, the game's grindy, we're trying to steer away from that.

....Uhhh?

But, seriously, DE has big ol' dollar signs in those eyes of theirs. I'm currently sitting on 4700+ circuits, 5600+ ferrite, 49 morphics, 33,300+ Nano Spores, 3900 plastids, 7000 Polymer Bundle, 3300 Rubedo, 1500 Salvage, 100~ Alloy plate...and they decide to make almost every weapon on the market require alloy plate? lol... As if the entire playerbase wasn't already starved for alloy plate and grinding it nonstop, now we have even more of a reason to keep grinding it! God forbid I see the surface of any planet besides Sedna, Venus, and Ceres...

I'm personally about ready to hang up the game, too. It's clear to see how little thought DE is putting into their game. "Sorry guys, when we nerfed the Rhino the loss of CC-immunity and disrupt immunity was unintended, we just overlooked it during testing" ...Would love to know their definition of testing, because I don't think it means what they think it means.

They really need to start using the other crafting materials and setup a tier system...better the weapon, harder to get materials needed to make it. Not just slap alloy plates on everything. And yeah, that Scott comment...I don't even. The market change is pretty much all grind.

Guys, It's a free to play game, not a free to all. If you want play for free, you should farm a lot. If you have not enough time for farm, then buy platinum. 

again, what appeal does grinding JUST as you start playing have? New players need more choices with credits, and the weapons need lowered requirements to craft.

Why, why, why, why? Please tell me a F2P game, where you can get free stuff, because you're beginner! Please!

World of Tanks: no.

Neverwinter: no.

League of legends: no.

Path of Exile: no.

etc, etc,....

Edited by nkeyz

Why, why, why, why? Please tell me a F2P game, where you can get free stuff, because you're beginner! Please!

what hooks or fun does grinding have? Wouldn't you get bored with the same 7ish weapons after awhile? The grinding you propose does take awhile to get and do, and that's a turn off. From DE's view, it'll hurt them, as they won't get many new players who will stay and play, and eventually pay some money, because why should they be limited to like 8 weapons without SERIOUS farming?

Edit: Now tell me, why should the costs to craft such weapons remain so high? Why should they remain out of reach of new players? New players have to use subpar weapons for the missions they need to grind, unless they pay money to speed things up, which I should hope no person should have to do more or less right away.

Because it's a free 2 play game...

From wikipedia: "Free-to-play refers to any video game or social or mobile application that has the option of allowing its players/users to play/download without paying.

Edited by nkeyz

As a new player I am disappointed with the changes to the market costs.  It does make it more difficult to establish a character properly to go further in the game, especially as I hadn't even had a chance to swap out more than two of my starting gear pieces. Also I appreciate the free part of the game, and it is showing a lot of promise (huge amounts), but when you look at the price of Platinum, they are better off focusing on smaller costs for each individual item.  I am more likely to spend $10 if it gets me a bunch of stuff, but I am not going to spend $10 on one axe (as an example)

Because it's a free 2 play game...

From wikipedia: "Free-to-play refers to any video game or social or mobile application that has the option of allowing its players/users to play/download without paying.

That's not really answering my question. Why should new players be at such a huge disadvantage? This is the kinda thing that does slowly kill games, things that make it harder for new players to join, or play, aka a Pay 2 Win game, which is a F2P game TECHNICALLY, but at the same time, isn't.

I created a new account 2 hour ago. Now, i have 348 alloy plates. Then what are we talking about?

I know, I know: beginners. Beginners should use this thing: google. Google.com -> warframe alloy plates.

Edited by nkeyz

Again: it's a free to play game, aka free to try, aka trial version.

trial implies it's a demo, which implies you have to pay for the full thing. Also where is the screenie of your 350ish alloy plates and a 2hr account? I don't think you can get to venus fast enough AND farm 350 alloy plates in that time.

You heard about group farming? You can join to a clan now, and play with your clan.

Again, travel time, load time, collect time. and once you get to venus you have to open everything, kill everything, collect everything. (edit) Playing with a group can speed it up, no question there.

Now, where is that pic? Hit prnt scrn and it shouldn't be hard to upload it in a post. or were you just making it up?

One more thing: after 8.0 patch, you can trade materials, so if a beginner join a clan, his clan mates can trade materials for him!! THEN WHY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DISADVANTAGE?

But at what rate? How much at a time? How will new players know which clan to join, etc.

(Still waiting on that screenie)